Reach Eva Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, quick update. I finished peping the paper size tester. Heres some pics

gallery_18552_1884_1661764.jpg

gallery_18552_1884_258598.jpg

Is it just me or does it look to big?

gallery_18552_1884_1341831.jpg

Yes i know its looking $#!Tty, but remember this is just a tester made of paper ( i'm going to go get more cardstock latter this week)

it does look big, but when you have the visor on and its on your head it looks proportion to you body

Just a thought, but isn't reach supposed to take place during the fall of planet Reach and the Spartan program (until the Spartan III program starts on Onyx). If anything I'd guess this helmet to be closest in resemblance to the Mk IV variant helm as it is the oldest model MJOLNIR of the bunch. Maybe there's a way to cross the Mk IV and the EVA? Just an idea...

SpartanM064 said:
Just a thought, but isn't reach supposed to take place during the fall of planet Reach and the Spartan program (until the Spartan III program starts on Onyx). If anything I'd guess this helmet to be closest in resemblance to the Mk IV variant helm as it is the oldest model MJOLNIR of the bunch. Maybe there's a way to cross the Mk IV and the EVA? Just an idea...

the game could also start a little while before it starts to fall too. And I expect some planet hoping.

I'm interested in how this will turn out, Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts as to how you are going to do the etching on the visor? I have been trying to come up with some ideas for what to do with the vacuum formed visor, but haven't hit on anything solid yet. Just wondering what your plans were, or if you had gotten to that point.

Any thoughts as to how you are going to do the etching on the visor? I have been trying to come up with some ideas for what to do with the vacuum formed visor, but haven't hit on anything solid yet. Just wondering what your plans were, or if you had gotten to that point.

I've been thinking about this one alot. I'm going to experiment when i get to the stage but what I think I'll do is scratch the visor and paint in the scratches or maybe paint it on with a rough paint brush the get the scratched effect. But I'm open the suggestions.

Also, Does anyone know where I can find a visor for the EVA.

Podthegod said:
I've been thinking about this one alot. I'm going to experiment when i get to the stage but what I think I'll do is scratch the visor and paint in the scratches or maybe paint it on with a rough paint brush the get the scratched effect. But I'm open the suggestions.

Also, Does anyone know where I can find a visor for the EVA.

There isnt a visor really for the EVA. If you want the FULL visor you'll have to custom vacu-form it.

-Loki

Trickster Loki said:
There isnt a visor really for the EVA. If you want the FULL visor you'll have to custom vacu-form it.

-Loki

Or, you could pep the full visor, cut out the front section of it and attach a a real, transparent visor there. You would have to paint the rest of the dome to same color as the front part though. I'm thinking about doing this guy too, he's pretty awesome. :D

Looks freaking sick! I was hoping someone was going to make this!

One question are you going to scratch on the skull or paint it? Just asking cause its scratched on in the trailer.

I beleive this will be the one i'm going to do as my holiday project, him or the sniper, but the skull fellow looks pretty kool... I may join your crusade later this week... :D.

Cheers, Dave.

Looks freaking sick! I was hoping someone was going to make this!

One question are you going to scratch on the skull or paint it? Just asking cause its scratched on in the trailer.

what I think I'll do is scratch the visor and paint in the scratches or maybe paint it on with a rough paint brush the get the scratched effect. But I'm open the suggestions.

@Harr 18: It looks like some sort of hybrid between, Mark IV, Recon and Mark V... I like it, but i like the EVA one to... I dunno which i'll do, i'll have a bit of a ponder and decide... If i choose sniper, i guess we can cross referance our finds and what no.

@Podthegod: I look forward to seeing the paint job done, just a question, with the Eva visor being seperate from the base, do you need to scale both to the same scal eor what pray tell?, also how do you scale the seperate entity's as one? by measuring the width and not worrying about the height? Sorry just something that has been on my mind for a while...

Oh and BTW Where in AUS are you? Victoria by any chance? anywhere near warrnambool?

Cheerios, Davioes...

I think the EVA helmet is as close as you can get to the new REACH fishbowl. Just a few modifications and they will look just about the same. I'm thinking of taking this project on myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back