Reach Helmets Project *PIC HEAVY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
you peping looks amazing! I'm trying my first attempt at peping now. Though I am using a hot glue gun. And right now it seems to messy and the stuff dries wayyyy to fast.

I think I read somewhere in the thread that you use superglue? I know I've read a lot of stuff on what people use and so far it seems a lot of people use hot glue...

Do you think super glue is working well for you?

you peping looks amazing! I'm trying my first attempt at peping now. Though I am using a hot glue gun. And right now it seems to messy and the stuff dries wayyyy to fast.

I think I read somewhere in the thread that you use superglue? I know I've read a lot of stuff on what people use and so far it seems a lot of people use hot glue...

Do you think super glue is working well for you?

Super glue is amazing. I've never tried the hot glue gun method because of the issues you're having. I hate all that stringy nonsense and it dries too fast.
I would say try the super glue too and see how that works out for you.

Good luck!

Update time!

Aside from working on my gun, today I:
  • Rondo'd the inside of MC's helmet
  • Sanded down Noble 6's helmet and re-bondo'd it
  • Painted the ODST helmet

So, I absolutely love the silver spray paint.
P6230479.jpg

I really don't like the toothpaste/mustard method, but I loved the silver so much I had to do something. So on the big dents/scratches/heavy wear, I put on minimal amounts of toothpaste:
P6230501.jpg

Decided to color the stripe first:
P6230503.jpg
P6230504.jpg

Ideally, I would've lived to waited 24 hours until I put on the painter's tape, but I was short on time, so I waited as long as I could before putting it on:
P6230508.jpg

Painted; mixture of satin black and metal. I've discovered I'm not very good at spray painting, and it's not as easy as it looks.
P6230510.jpg

Waiting for it to dry before I peel off the tape and work on the wear and tear, my favorite part.

Also, I have Jun's helmet printed out...I suppose I'll work on that until my next visit to my parents'.

Before:
P6230512.jpg

After:
P6230514.jpg

P6230522.jpg

P6230523.jpg

P6230524.jpg

I'm wondering if I need to seal this with anything.
I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do about the visor. I'll worry about it later since I don't have any money to do anything about it. I don't think I'm going to vacuum form it because I don't have a vacuum strong enough for it. So, I'll probably end up buying sheets of plastic and going that route. In any case, it has to wait until I grab a hold of more funds.
But this turned out greater than I thought! The weathering is my favorite part because I love painting and it's familiar territory for me. So this was great! I finally finished ONE helmet (except for the visor). Hopefully I'll have Noble 6's helmet done next.

If you want to keep the weathering as it's today. you must apply a clear coat on it (a flat or a semigloss one). Krilon makes some I think, I never tried it, I'm an airbrush guy so if you use airbrush try from Floquil/Testors or Humbrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back