Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no if not what do i need to fix?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

adem70

Jr Member
finished sanding and i wanted u guys opinions on if i should sand more or paint it now?

DSC00225.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

not warped its sitting crooked
DSC00228.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

battle damage
DSC00230.jpg

you should prime it first with sandable primer to get a bigger look at wher eyou have dips and bumps and smooth them out before finally painting.

By prime, I dont mean paint right after it.

A trick of the trade is to get some cheap paint, black or grey that is flat and just spray a few coats over your piece, it will show what is even and what is uneven so you know where to apply more bondo or spot putty. Even in your pictures, I am seeing large gaps that need to be filled on the back. But over all it looks really good.

those are there on purpose its for battle damage and the helmet is going to be flat black itself just so you know

I recommend Filling Primer. It will fills minor holes, and get a good overview of the low spots and the overall smoothness.

I'm saying no, not yet because I suggest you primer it first and make sure it's perfect. You will probably find some holes. Painting is LAST and only to be done when you know it's done. Sand sand sand primer sand sand sand primer. Then you'll know

You may think it is smooth, but you wont know for sure until you just spray a quick coat of primer. It reveals all the cracks and holes. Then you sand down, add some more bondo or spot putty, re primer it, and repeat if needed.

1#: if you are asking somebody else if its ready, it isn't ready

You need to be somewhere between 95% 100% satisfy with your own work before you can paint it. Sadly but true, if you are not sure if ready for paint it isn't. My advice is to try to do some more work at the back of the helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say the front might have a little to much "battle scars" on it, but do what you want to do. other than that: sandable primer is best. put one coat on, sand that down, then primer and paint is kinda the generic idea around here.
have fun and good work so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back