Recon Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallofReach

Hey people of the 405th Forums. I hate to say it but am a Noob to the website, however i have loved Halo since I was about ten years old. I have recently gotten into airsoft and suddenly one day had an idea. Why not combine my two favorite things? So me and a group of my friends are planning on building Spartan armor out of pickle barrel plastic. I'm doing the Recon armor. Any tips or pointers would be amazing!

We are working on getting supplies to do it. We need:

1 motorcycle helmet
Black pants, shirt and gloves
Pickle barrels
and something to heat them with so can be molded, might just use a fire.

Appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!!!!:D:D:D

As a fellow Noob, all I can say is: READ!!! There are five million stickies in the Noob Forum. You should probably check them out. Might help a bit.

Hey people of the 405th Forums. I hate to say it but am a Noob to the website, however i have loved Halo since I was about ten years old. I have recently gotten into airsoft and suddenly one day had an idea. Why not combine my two favorite things? So me and a group of my friends are planning on building Spartan armor out of pickle barrel plastic. I'm doing the Recon armor. Any tips or pointers would be amazing!

We are working on getting supplies to do it. We need:

1 motorcycle helmet
Black pants, shirt and gloves
Pickle barrels
and something to heat them with so can be molded, might just use a fire.

Appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!!!!:D:D:D

Building armour for stuff like airsoft is frowned upon here. You'll find many flaming hot threads discussing the issue.

Speaking of flames: Plastic is flammable and when it does go up in flames, it emits a ton of very unhealthy stuff. If you insist on reshaping plastic, at least use a heatsource that won't ignite it.

Building armour for stuff like airsoft is frowned upon here. You'll find many flaming hot threads discussing the issue.

Speaking of flames: Plastic is flammable and when it does go up in flames, it emits a ton of very unhealthy stuff. If you insist on reshaping plastic, at least use a heatsource that won't ignite it.

This is VERY good advice!!!

The only other thing I will add. If you want to build armor, build a set and see all what it takes to do. Then after you're done with you can see for you're self what much work that go's into it, What it can handle, what it feels like to wear, And give you some idea what it is you want to build.

When and/or if you do a build ( And I hope you do. In Pep...Hard or Foam) Please post it, We'd love to see what you can do.

I'm doing one in the plastic so i may keep it for a long while. However if i can figure out where to get pepekura I will definatley do that as well. Also the armor is not for that alone I plan to use it for little movies, conventions and when my eight year old brother Kyle (Who loves Halo, especially reach) Gets older he can have it and enjoy it. Thanks for advice and I'll post as soon as we start making the Armor :) You guys are a huge help.

well as Meade352mxs said, you should read the forums and explore a lot more, you can search it in google if your looking for the application to open pepakura files. and also google the files. you can see lots at 4shared

no prob man, everybody here knows what it feels like when you're a newbie, and as a matter of fact, i still consider my self a noob. there's so much to learn my friend :D good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back