Resin made me sick! going to see the doctor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you get well soon.

I remember last year, I had a cold. I at first just coughed and just thought it was nothing but than it got freakin worse. My head was aching(headache) like crazy, my stomache felt terrible and when I ate it kinda hurt and tasted nasty, and vomiting ewww.

Back on topic: Strange though how the respirator didnt work...

The odds of that are astronomical... but if you follow safety regulations and the instructions included with the correct respirators you should be 100%safe.

Just wanted to say that in the midst of Finnish's illness.

Be well, buddy, sorry that your armor work made you sick.

Get well soon!

Sorry to hear about you Finnish. I hope you get well soon.

A word of warning to the less wise...
ALWAYS use a respirator, even if you're working outside.

Xavier said:
Love the siggy Finnish! Meh, it doesn't smell that bad.... I walk away for a while when I get dizzy... also I only use gloves when I mess with fiberglass, lol.

DON'T FOLLOW ME AS A SAFETY EXAMPLE!!!

Get well soon dood!

That means you are suiciding! This means you will die about 10-40 years earlier then you are supposed to... if you only walk away when it makes you dizzy it means that the resin has a huge effect on your body. And you the fumes will enter your brains and literally destroy your brain cells... you might fall into a coma like my faters friend did (he was working on a boat without a respirator and a couple of a years later he fell into a deep coma, after 2 months he died)

please wear a respirator! i will buy one for you if i get money somewhere... (right now i'm saving up for a nissan 350z) so...

and those people who 'dont' smell resin, you actually do it's just if you dont wear a respirator you get used to the smell.

-Fin(n)ish

Last edited by a moderator:
Get well soon! (Nissan 350z? oo nice.)
But really, everyone that not uses a respirator when resining shoudn't be allowed to purchase Resin.

Zyclone said:
Get well soon! (Nissan 350z? oo nice.)
But really, everyone that not uses a respirator when resining shoudn't be allowed to purchase Resin.

Okay after a night of rest i feel normal (some dizzyness) and yeah... i'm saving for the 350z 2009 (unless it's uglier then the current model) model. (i have been saving up the last year... just 2 years and 1 month for a car license! In finland the nissan 350z costs 72,000.00euros... that's 107,121.23 USD... yeah i'm probably going to import it... in the us it's 30k? right?)

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT: If you dont believe me on the car prize, check this link http://www.nissan.fi/home/vehicles/passeng....html?ln=/fi_FI (it's in finnish)
But you can see the car starting prize on the top right corner it's 66k, but when you add the basic stuff like aluminium rims etc. it will be around 72k (euros)
If you want all the special things and gadgets in it, it will costyou more then 100k (euros)
Here another link... http://dynamic.nissan.fi/home/vehicles/car...3S/summary.html

Way more than 30k here buddy.

And I don't think you can drive a US car in Europe. (You can't drive Europeans car in Canada/US)

And you need more than 2 years of saving to pay it...

LastSpartan said:

And I don't think you can drive a US car in Europe. (You can't drive Europeans car in Canada/US)

I'll prove it to you, the starting prize for the Z in the US is 28k (dollars) http://www.nissanusa.com/see-all-vehicles.html
Click on the Z on the link

And that's why i'm saving up for it now! I'm of course probably get a loan from the bank, right now i have saved 8000euros for the z... not bad?

I find this story almost unbelievable. With such a severe reaction to such a small amount of fumes, the doctor should have been giving you IV fluids and performed a bronchoscopy to check your stomach and lungs for tissue damage. Are you sure this event actually occurred? Im not saying you're making this up but, lets be honest, it wouldn't be the first time.

NZ-TK said:
I find this story almost unbelievable. With such a severe reaction to such a small amount of fumes, the doctor should have been giving you IV fluids and performed a bronchoscopy to check your stomach and lungs for tissue damage. Are you sure this event actually occurred? Im not saying you're making this up but, lets be honest, it wouldn't be the first time.

He actually did check the tissue damage, with whatever thingy it was (i believe i explained it in my topic) sorry if i confused you... i can speak fluent english but it still doesnt mean that i know all of the advanced vocabulary... and yeah this wouldnt be the 1st time... But i'm not lying
(he did check for tissue damage but i didnt get any fluids...)

-Fin(n)ish

LastSpartan said:

actually you can. it's just that theres a ton of regulations and modifications you need to make, especially in CA. however, I don't know if you'd consider this a european car in the US, but you can actually go to germany (or bulgaria?), custom order a BMW, have it made right there, then drive a lap around the autobahn in it, then import it. i heard it might be cheaper that way than buying a BMW straight from a dealer in the US. something about taxes, i think?

@Finnish: why are you going to buy a 2009 350z? Did you mean gtr...? I can't imagine why the 350z would be marked up nearly 3 times as much as it is sold in the US. And if it is, maybe you should look into the Skyline GTR. If they don't mark it up that much, then perhaps it's a better deal than the 350z. Plus, you get a loooooot more goodies, like horsepower. Just one of the few goodies that follow in the GTR name...
And maybe you could sue 3M for the health thing, and get some more money to help pay for the car. :lol:

The doctor also told me that 3M has to pay me for the physical damage to my body for a faulty respirator... atleast some good news for me...
LAWSUIT FTW!! But seriously, get well, and you might want to get in touch with 3M. Fax them the doctor's reports and any other info you have on the respirator/your testemony of what actually happened. Again feel well and happy barfing and building.

Yea but even if you pay a Nissan Z at 18. Are you counting for the gaz and the insurances. Personnaly, you should use you money at other places. I'm making 450$/week and after a month, there's not a lot of money remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back