Revolutionary New Way To Finish Pep Pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxhop said:
Great video! My only question now is this: can you use the exact same method on the outside? If so, how do you apply it to the outside of a pep so that it retains all of the details like you have on the outside of your shin piece?

This should help you out if you havent already taken a look at it. CLICK ME!

Also, I havent read all the way through that post, but if the rondo way makes the combine products flow more like a liquid and you want to use it on the outside but not have to go through all the trouble of making sure the area you want to work on in level, then I bet mixing the resin and resin jelly would do the trick....Id have to test it out and figure out the ratios....I may do this some tomorrow if i can remember, but as soon as I find out i shall post my findings...but if anyone has heard of anyone testing it or anything of the sort then let me know before I go wasting material please lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Foxhop said:
Great video! My only question now is this: can you use the exact same method on the outside? If so, how do you apply it to the outside of a pep so that it retains all of the details like you have on the outside of your shin piece?

the point of mud glassing is so that nothing has to be applied to the outside except resin. it is don e onto hd pieces so really only sanding need be done on the outside. if you wish to add detail in parts, bondo works ok.

[Oh My God.

I almost cried it was so flawless.

haha thanks man. only the best for my boys at the 405th!

ima get this stickied if its the death of me :)

mm.... i was wondering when some els would think of using mud like smooth cast on pep. if you dont know already, i used this method on over half my odst and on some parts you dont even need the fiberglass

rvb18 said:
mm.... i was wondering when some els would think of using mud like smooth cast on pep. if you dont know already, i used this method on over half my odst and on some parts you dont even need the fiberglass

NICE

yeh small pieces dont require it. but if u mud glass a piece including fiberglass about 4 times, its like steel! lol no joke.

-------------------------------------------------

oh and for underdogg:

head_asplode.jpg

Tandhem said:
NICE

yeh small pieces dont require it. but if u mud glass a piece including fiberglass about 4 times, its like steel! lol no joke.

-------------------------------------------------

oh and for underdogg:

head_asplode.jpg

And I lol'd at this. :D

And my head most definitely did.

Underdogg13 said:
I'm gonna try this and judging from the comments, it probably works well, but why no respirator?!?

lol watch the last minute of the video, and what me and mighty mints said on page 3

read the whole topic before posting n00b!!!!

haha jk :)

Tandhem said:
lol watch the last minute of the video, and what me and mighty mints said on page 3

read the whole topic before posting n00b!!!!

haha jk :)

Page 3? lol

Haha nice vid

Lol you got monster glass?

Also your resin can is dented :p

Though you don't wear a respirator through all of this?

Nice A&E hat too

Sorry but I had to put things out that were not related to the vid besides the respirator

haha yeh, im wearin quite a bit of ae, and at stupid menards, where resin is cheapest, my options were dented can or leaking lid can, so i thought on my feet :)

and watch the vid til the end! i explain the respirator sitcheeation

I just tried this on a small fallout 3 pep and im suprised on how simple it is. I have however not seen it harden yet because it got dark and a little colder. But im positive it while have harden until the morning and if it works out i will make a bigger batch and use in my Fallout 3 helmet.

/Conny

That dose seem allot simpler. At least i haven't started the bondo so i will have to try this.

I also herd that you could use just resin and Fiberglass. Would it be weaker with out useing bondo?

Interesting method, great video. Really made it easy to understand what you were doing. I plan to try this on my ODST armor, I was really dreading having to mess up the crazy detailed HD helmet with Bondo just to smooth out some curves. Many thanks!

whitelog said:
That dose seem allot simpler. At least i haven't started the bondo so i will have to try this.

I also herd that you could use just resin and Fiberglass. Would it be weaker with out useing bondo?

This is the traditional way. refer to stickies.

Flyerfye said:
Interesting method, great video. Really made it easy to understand what you were doing. I plan to try this on my ODST armor, I was really dreading having to mess up the crazy detailed HD helmet with Bondo just to smooth out some curves. Many thanks!

thanks man, glad i could help!

Today I was sanding my chest peice and I got depressed just thinking about doing things with this method so I decided to put my current suit on hold and start over. I wanted something w/more detail anyway. I down loaded robogenesis files and will start to pep them tonight and apply this new method. I'll keep you all posted.

Trinityblue said:
Today I was sanding my chest peice and I got depressed just thinking about doing things with this method so I decided to put my current suit on hold and start over. I wanted something w/more detail anyway. I down loaded robogenesis files and will start to pep them tonight and apply this new method. I'll keep you all posted.

Good luck, please post your results.

Trinityblue said:

im happy to here! i have a feeling many people will be converting to higher detail pep and less detail in bondo. i will be scrapping my df4l bucket and do a flying squirl one with this method. just smoothed out crackheads thighs to do the same thing too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back