Road Kill's Call of Duty Black ops commando

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because it's a game, made to be fun, not necessarily realistic. Try America's Army 3 if you want a more realistic experience. Sure, that's got problems too, but for what it is...

That's because it's a game, made to be fun, not necessarily realistic. Try America's Army 3 if you want a more realistic experience. Sure, that's got problems too, but for what it is...

Yeah but there are some things that is basic terminology. I wouldn't call bondo blu-tac.

Finally someone else who can tell the dif. between a clip and a mag. :D I dont like Call of doody cuz they ruin alot of guns, like the F2000, or the Wa2000, or the 50. cal, or even something as simple as the M1014

yah i am not really a big fan of call of duty either, not the same reason that you don't like it but i don't like it because i love HALO!!!! better =P
all my friends make fun of halo and call it galo, i hate them

I laught at people who do that, sometimes they walk up and talk and know more about halo in some aspects, and I'm like: O-o'.
The next day they say it's 'WORST EVAR!!1111CAPS1!'

@Octorock yah that is what i hate
@geoat2t, no i haven't tried it yet i haven't had very much time to =(

hello, i have made something else in google sketchup, it is the ump 45 from battlefield 3 and the work shown in the picture is only 2 hours worth or work and it is not finished yet, check it out

ump.png

ok sorry for what double, triple post idk, well i finished the UPM today and i am going to put it in pepeakura in a few but here are some pics of the finished thing

ump45.png

umpleft.png

umpback.png

it actually turned out really well, well hopefully you guys like it =D

edit: why does this happen in pep, all the red lines everywhere like what does it mean?

umppepakura.png

edit: why does this happen in pep, all the red lines everywhere like what does it mean?

umppepakura.png

All of the red lines are considered open edges in pepakura. One thing that will help is to go in to sketchup and make sure that all the faces on the model are the same color. Notice how in sketchup some faces are white and some are purple. This is done by right clicking on each face and choosing "reverse face". Also, you can highlight all the faces that you want to change at the same time by holding down the "shift" key while clicking on the faces and then reversing the faces. That will work everytime. Or, if you would like to do multiple you can try highlighting the whole model, right click on it, then choose "Orient Faces". This doesnt always work though so you may have to still do the first way after that. If there are still lines that show up as red in pep, they could be a few different things. The first is just random geometry. Sometime sketchup will "hide" things from you (im not sure why). To fix this, just click on edit, go down to unhide, and select all. then go around and delete anything it brings up. The other is just a random open edge. What you will have to do is create lines from the ends of the open edges to another spot on the model.
Ex: th_Untitled2-1.png
In the picture above, both of the blue highlighted lines were showing up as open in pep. All i did was create the lines going down to that point and it fixed the lines in pep. I really hope this helps! if it doesnt, i could probably take a look at the model for you and figure out why its doing it, fix it, send it back to you, and explain what i did to it. Best of luck with your models, they look great!!!

Alex

All of the red lines are considered open edges in pepakura. One thing that will help is to go in to sketchup and make sure that all the faces on the model are the same color. Notice how in sketchup some faces are white and some are purple. This is done by right clicking on each face and choosing "reverse face". Also, you can highlight all the faces that you want to change at the same time by holding down the "shift" key while clicking on the faces and then reversing the faces. That will work everytime. Or, if you would like to do multiple you can try highlighting the whole model, right click on it, then choose "Orient Faces". This doesnt always work though so you may have to still do the first way after that. If there are still lines that show up as red in pep, they could be a few different things. The first is just random geometry. Sometime sketchup will "hide" things from you (im not sure why). To fix this, just click on edit, go down to unhide, and select all. then go around and delete anything it brings up. The other is just a random open edge. What you will have to do is create lines from the ends of the open edges to another spot on the model.
Ex: th_Untitled2-1.png
In the picture above, both of the blue highlighted lines were showing up as open in pep. All i did was create the lines going down to that point and it fixed the lines in pep. I really hope this helps! if it doesnt, i could probably take a look at the model for you and figure out why its doing it, fix it, send it back to you, and explain what i did to it. Best of luck with your models, they look great!!!

Alex

thanks man, i gget it now, i will remember this for future models thanks once again =D

hey 405th i person been doing something very new for me and it is with google sketchup so it was kinda slatey to play but it is the coloured ops serviceman, i individual the line in sketchup exclusive just now and that is because i impoverishment a emotional forbear in the induction detachment melody because it countenance real untidy i module **** a pic up presently

dude don't curse unless you want to get banned, but thanks for the help

I think a bevel on your edges would look good. Like for example if you look at the stock of the weapons you see its more rounded. Now it just flat.

yeah i have files for some like the ump and maybe the commando but not sure, the ump isn't unfolded yet i am still working on that but you can give it a shot at unfolding if you want
the M416 will be in pep as soon as i finish and maybe get some help with the red line problem again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back