RobotChicken's Halo 3 Mk VI Master Chief, Ultra Detail, First Build WIP (many pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks - wait till you see it printed on the new machine I've got ordered. It will look injection-molded. Eventually I need to find time to finish smoothing out the other models for 3D printing.

I'm a layout design automation and verification programmer for the device characterization department of research and development at a leading memory chip manufacturer.

I built the workstation custom. Thanks for the compliment! But honestly (at least until I get into the Bondo phase and see the pieces start showing life) "amazing" in my opinion is how I describe the work of many others here. Really, anybody can cut, fold, and glue paper. Off topic, I know, but here are two pics of one of my more intense builds to provide some perspective of how Master Chief will be turning out. Most of the "armor" is neoprene, but everything seen is built by me, either sewn ("waffle"-textured mesh undersuit), heat-formed plastic, molded parts, etc. The heat-formed plastic for my face was performed on a lifecast I had done (boy was that fun...) so it fit perfectly against my skin. The costume features amplified speakers in the chest (with voice modulation circuit), motorized arm/hand, lighted infinity-mirror behind a servo-powered camera iris in one of the eye-pieces, and sequenced blinking lights all over. A keypad inside the arm attachment is how I controlled everything.

View attachment 186713

View attachment 186714

That is awwsome!

Thanks. Not awesome was 4 hours of suit-up and make-up, plus another 4 hours to undress and make-up removal. But worth it when seeing people's reactions, especially when I spoke - the amplified Borg voice literally had some people collapse on the ground in front of me (for real).

Hey Robotchicken! I was just wondering if there were any more files made for the armour? Really jonesing to do a build of this, to hone my lepping skills!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back