Rock's Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

Would have gotten more done but I had to make this:

IMG_1842.jpg

Slightly larger helmet to fit my big head.

I want to start on the brute shot as well. I'll get on it after i finish my other leg. Hopefully i'll be done by friday.

lookin great! .. i got a good lot of cardstock from staples the other day .. while i was gettin it, this guy was giggling close by .. i turned and he walked up to me.. gave me a retarded lookin smile and asked .. "doing pepakura?" ... i swear my jaw almost hit the floor.. got home and found out i was outta printer ink /cry ... gonna be a little while till i can get into something.. keep up the great work :cool

Just to let you know, i mean in case you haven't heard this enough because i am sure you haven't yet. This is EPIC man. Good job and really mean that. I like your armor, but i think i am falling in love with your brute shot dude. Good job again.

OK not really an update. My printer is out of commission because I upgraded to Windows 7 and it has no drivers now. I Hope to resin on Tuesday though. Question I now ask is: I plan on making another helmet besides the Mk VI so I was wondering which one I should make between the CQB, Rogue, or Scout helmets.

Expect pics of resining on Tuesday or Wednesday.

So I got two coats of resin done on the outside of the armor today. My friend came over and we knocked it out pretty fast.Image heavy post.

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

Resin started melting the hot glue on the chest piece so I had to repair that.

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

My partner in crime, we both got resin on our arms which bound to the hair, yeah that hurt coming off.

IMG_1863.jpg

Oh and minor question, do I cut the visor off now or once I do the inside?

Not a huge update, but I did sand the outside of my armor today, took off the supports and cut out the visor so decent amount of progress

IMG_1865.jpg

Looking good. I envy the fact that you can do all your armor at once. It seems that i can can really only do one piece at a time.

AWSOME! looks like it is coming along nicely. I think you could have also saved yourself a lot of sanding time if you would have smoothed out the bondo when you applied it.

Yeah it was my first time using it so hopefully I will get better over time. It isn't as much as it looks but yeah the texture is pretty rough.

damn...I think you lost all detail on the helmet with that much bondo...it happpend to me too on my first helmet...

hope you can work it out somehow... good luck man :)

Glad to see its coming along. That bondo is going to be a pain to sand. Its my least favourite thing in the worl. I spent over 200 hours sanding a speaker box once, my fault for using some stupid intricate curves. Keeping the detail is a pain. I am totally going to steal one of your ideas. Using the jugs to support the thighs, I think that is great! It helps to keep the round shape, minimal contact, and using the plastic bag around the jug make for easy removal and cleanup. Genius! How many layers of fibreglass did you use. I like to go heavy on the fibreglass. I don't mind the extra weight, i like it to be solid. I once did a speaker box where the fibreglass was 1/2" thick. It weighed a bit, but I could dance on the thing without it breaking. Once again, good luck, glad to see its coming along nicely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back