Rogue one: a Star Wars story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiefwannabe

I just saw the new trailer and I figured I would make a post about it and peoples thoughts and feelings!
If anyone has any theories Im sure we would all love to here them but keep it spoiler free.

You can watch it here if you havent seen it yet

Im so exited!

Last edited by a moderator:
All I'm going to say is some Bothans better die. I didn't see a single one in that trailer. :angry I can understand not wanting to hold written fiction as canon, but they better hold the OG films true. I mean the whole movie is based off of one element from the original trilogy and there was only one line that was ever spoken about it, "Many Bothans died to bring us this information." I didn't even know what I Bothan was, but I felt sad for them during that scene.

Edit: Thanks to the comment I realized that I was remembering incorrectly, the Bothans were in reference to the second death star. mb

Many Bothans died to bring the information about the Second Death Star. Mon Mothma said that in Return of the Jedi specifically referring to the information that the Empire was building a second Death Star and that it was nearing completion.

The only lines in A New Hope referencing the origination of the First Death Star Plans are in the opening Crawl's
Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR
and then Vader's
Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by rebel spies. I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you

In the EU (original canon), several stories reference the Bothans. They are a catlike race that don't trust easily if I recall. And according to Wookieepedia, they stole the Second Death Star plans, not the first.

God bless the creator of these scores, they just give you chills and get you so excited for this movie. listen to the trailer without music it's not the same.

Many Bothans died to bring the information about the Second Death Star. Mon Mothma said that in Return of the Jedi specifically referring to the information that the Empire was building a second Death Star and that it was nearing completion.

The only lines in A New Hope referencing the origination of the First Death Star Plans are in the opening Crawl's

and then Vader's

Thanks Cadet! I totally miss-remembered that. I really appreciate your quotes referencing the first death star and I will be much happier now when watching the movie. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back