Ronin's Pep Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work.
and Rocknrollcows- I am about your height and i just used 24.5 and that works like a dream (realisticly, you can wear it even if its scaled maybe a few inches either way and the difference will be negligible/)

if thats for helmet, then i dont need it cause i built mine already. i would post pics but my camera is with my dad in china. :(
i need the measurements for others.

thanks anyways! :D

P.S. u use 24.5??? oh wow... i use 26.5 lol :D thats cuz i have a melon head :p

When I scaled mine I used the chart on the scale forum,but I had to do some adjustments! I made a few of the pieces several times to get it correct. So heres what I come up with. I'm 5'10'' 168lbs:
Helmet:26 Chest:26 Crotch:27 Biceps:22 Forearms:21 Thighs:24 Calf:24 Feet:21
I hope this helps out!!!

1astorm.jpg

you might want to remove him before he destroys your suit!!! he is a killer i tell ya!!! a paid killer!!!

Dumb question...what files did you use for each piece? It appears as though you are using Flying Squirl's torso, but I can't tell if you're using the pieces that Sigma-LS posted in the Download database or not. I'm about your size (5'10", 170lbs) and really like the proportions of your suit so far. What size shoe are you, BTW?

I used the files from JediFraz they are under the "Tutorial: How to use Pepakura to make your Mjolnir Armor " They are in the very first post! (Props to Jedifraz :not worthy: ) as far as my shoe size I wear a 9 1/2 . I am going to use a old pair of boots (I have one on in picture) to attach armor to.

1astorm.jpg

As far this guy goes I have these to keep him in check!!!! :D
DSC01010.jpg

Hey, Ronin...what's your waist size? As I mentioned earlier I'm about your size (5'9, 170lbs) but I can't get the Halo diaper to fit me. I'm a 33" waist and I ended up adding another 2" in circumference to the waist area of the diaper. But the whole thing seems a bit small to me. The waist not fitting might be due to the pants I'm going to be wearing (lined workout pants) and could be adding a bit of bulk to my overall waist dimension. I may try going up to either a 28 or 29 in scale to see if it looks more in proportion to the chest plate.

Also, is everyone wearing this thing at waist height or at the middle of the hips? I've seen it both ways and honestly at the waist seems a lot more comfortable to me. That also might be a contributing factor to it not looking proportional to the chest plate.

Greg

Armor looks dope so far! :D I also have ot say you have great Taste in Manga, I see the framed old skool GITS paper back :D Nice swords too :D

Ronin said:
The forum will not let me make a new topic? Anyway.. when putting on the resin how is everyone keeping shape on thier pieces for the first coat?? I'm almost ready for that stage and I was just curious.
Add the visor to the helmet, resin lightly on the first coat of everything, then do inside, then re resin the outside, it usually keeps shape as lng as you dont glob it on as your first coat inside or out.

btw, the reason I say add the visor is because the weight of the top of the helmet is too much when you add resin, the sides cant hold it, so they collapse or bend over, the visor is a crucial peice to making a nice helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg my waist is about a 33-34 the "diper" fits good but I did have on sweatpaints. I thought about going up maybe one more size. I agree with you the waist is for comfortable. As far as keeping shape while resining ...what about the other pcs.
My forearms are starting to get egg shaped from laying around. I thought about blowing up balloons and putting in them till I get time to put on the resin?.

Thanks Skullcandy! I thought everyone liked Manga:lol: Joking aside Manga is great!! I have not bought any in a whlie,I just might go and get some tommorrow!! I had purchased the Katana sword for a martial arts demo and once I had it I had to complete the set. (they are from Highlander tv show)

Ronin said:
Greg my waist is about a 33-34 the "diper" fits good but I did have on sweatpaints. I thought about going up maybe one more size. I agree with you the waist is for comfortable. As far as keeping shape while resining ...what about the other pcs.
My forearms are starting to get egg shaped from laying around. I thought about blowing up balloons and putting in them till I get time to put on the resin?.

Thanks Skullcandy! I thought everyone liked Manga:lol: Joking aside Manga is great!! I have not bought any in a whlie,I just might go and get some tommorrow!! I had purchased the Katana sword for a martial arts demo and once I had it I had to complete the set. (they are from Highlander tv show)

You should have a look at tozando.com. Great for Custom Swords direct from Japan from about US$300.00 (the training one are anyway!) High quality gear!

And no their not paying me to say it! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Ronin, you have a great build, and I think this armor would look perfect on you (just like Adam). Let's just hope the paint and details are also perfect.

Thanks everyone! I am going to try to paint it like bluerealm ! (I hope) Still alot to do before painting though.

Here is a small update. I just have not had the time to work on my armor much. But I thought I would start with the gauntlets to get pratice using the materials before i start on the helmet! After I resin and galss the inside I am going to add
some detail with poster board to cut down on bondo!
111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

I have also decided to change my chest and crotch to Slyfo's models, because they have more detail..so less bondo!
The helmet will change also I will be doing Df4less's "smooth" helmet

nice work! cool to hear your going to use my new helmet model, im about 40% done building it, and honestlly its coming along nicely, its a relativly easy build so far (not EASY, but not really difficult) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back