Ronin's Pep Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have started over using detailed models(mostly Robo's). Here is a small update for now. I am going to use D4L's smooth helmet I just have not built it yet.
200.jpg

300.jpg

250.jpg

Also Moderators if you need to move this to the noob section (because I don't have 50 post) I will not be upset rules are rules (I'm not sure how I did it anyway?)

Ronin said:
Also Moderators if you need to move this to the noob section (because I don't have 50 post) I will not be upset rules are rules (I'm not sure how I did it anyway?)

You authored this thread before the requirement was implemented :) You're grandfathered in and I doubt they mind as long as the thread remains meaningful hehe.

Great clean folds on the weapon, lil boots, and handplates. You can tell you were very meticulous and careful with the scoring :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good. Nice, clean folds. I'll be releasing the new bicep soon. Are you going to make any of FS's pieces?

If I were a mod, I wouldn't move you to the noob section. You aren't nooby. You know what you're doing, you just don't post much.

Thanks for the complements! Yea I know I don't post much but I have two jobs and some days they take up more time than I have. One has slowed down some,so now I have a little more time!!! :lol: Robo when you get the bicep done I'm going to use it! Right now I not planning on using any of FS stuff, but who knows. I'm just waiting for it to warm up so I glass my pcs.
Vexona I didn't know about the grandfathering thanks for the info! New pc!
350.jpg

Helmet Done!!!! I was up till 2AM working on it ! I just could not stop!! Finished it up today!
H05.jpg

H06.jpg

Sorry about the double post( no response on the last one :cautious: ) I got the legs done today!! I like the more detailed legs than the other ones. (Less bondo) The chest and Robo's new biceps is all I like!! :lol:
306B.jpg

311B.jpg

well done. good job on the legs...are you gonna layer something so it would like ridges on the thighs or just make it on the undersuit?

Excellent job on everything. This is a pretty complete build report so far!

Thanks guys! And MC PwN 3R what I thought about doing is after I resin the outside of the thigh piece, Is glue the layered pieces to the inside. I want to see how it fits first after resining it. That way I know how "tight" to make the layers so I will enough room for my thigh to flex.

@Sniper 118 the all my my pcs are Robogenisis except the helmet it is Dannfood4less(DF4L) "smooth helmet"and thanks I like these models better than the first ones I built, but the first ones did help me to get the scale correct!

@Skullcandy Thank you and I must say yours is coming along nicely also!!

@jimmyfu Thanks!

All I like is the chest pc and I will most likely be putting it together next week, then the fun begins!! Right now I am adding details to the helmet (and other pc also). Still allot of work to do!! I'm shooting for a June completion date!!

Hey, I hope I'm not bumping this thread, but I'm about your height and using robo's peps. I built the bicep to my scale, but it's too big... then I found your scaling (Helmet:26 Chest:26 Crotch:27 Biceps:22 Forearms:21 Thighs:24 Calf:24 Feet:21).
Do these still work for you with Robogenisis' Models?

btw, your armor looks great and sort of inspired me to try. like everyone else says: great!

OK TF here is the break down. The first set of armor I built was Jedifraz's and the scaling for Robo's and DF4L IS different
Here what I used(after a few trial runs): I'm about 5'9" and a waist of 34:
DF4L:
Smooth helmet scale 13.2
ROBO:
Chest- scale 72.8188 (I made mine a little snug that way I did not have extra space)
Hand Plates- scale 58
Crotch- scale 78.38143
Thigh- scale 65.65
Calf- scale 70.6
Boot- scale 61

Biceps- when Robo finishes his new ones I am going to use them
Forearms- right now I'm still using Jedifraz's forearms because I have already fiberglassed them if they don't turn out good I will use Robo's. I hope this helps out!!

Here are a few resining process pictures(they are cell phone pictures) My first coat!
Misc02.jpg

Misc04.jpg

WOW you work here looks awesome! Thanks for putting up the scale calculations. Information like that really help folks like me when doing this. Can't wait to see more.

Woooo, thanks a lot for the quick response! I can only agree with fightstar, it's a real help.

Those hd-Models look awesome! and good cellphone, those pics are quite clear. Ronin + Robo's HD = Perfect Pep Armor!

Thanks for the complements!! Helping out others..hey thats whats this is all about!! I know I went through different pieces just to get the scale right!! I think I used a whole pack of card stock on getting the scale for my body just right! If it would help anyone I can measure my arms and things to give you a idea of the scaling. Oh one more thing if you use DF4L smooth helmet use Version 2. I used version 1 and had to cut the raised parts at the top of the helmet out. They stuck up past the top of the helmet. I printed off the V2 top part and replaced it with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back