S\t–2148 _ mjölnir mk. V – armor build [wip]

Status
Not open for further replies.
INTRODUCTION:

Greetings 405th, my name is Jomar Rabara, also known as Shock\Trooper-2148. I'm a UH Maui College Student, majoring in Electronics. On January of last year, during our time in the Optics Lab, my friend of mine was using my laptop’s Microsoft Excel 2010 to punch in the calculations, but instead of helping, he was getting distracted by a website. The website turned out to be the 405th. Once class was finished, I went back onto Firefox History and checked what his amusement was (Hoping it wasn’t inappropriate enough to cause a virus.). I found a lot of interesting insights towards the topics of prop building, cosplay, and the most important, Pepakura. A month later, I joined the community, researched, and experimented with Pepakura throughout the year. And now, as of January 2012, I started my ODST Build, however, months after building each component of the ODST Armor, I discovered an interesting game-changer. Halo Reach had been released. One by one, a series of MjÖlnir Mark V’s started pouring out to be available for costume work and prop building. Over a period of time, never-ending thoughts and imagination forced me to stop my progression of my ODST Build. As of now and currently, I am building the MJÖLNIR MK. V _ Armor Build – ODST. I hope everyone on the 405th come to realize who I am and what are my objectives are throughout this and next year, and even beyond.

1.png

2.png

[Helmets Will Be Interchangeable] [May Have A Different Armor Color]

2b.png

[Helmets Will Be Interchangeable] [May Have A Different Armor Color]

3.png

3A.png

Holy Powerpoint, Batman!

I haven't seen a power point presentation since I got out of the military three years ago... what is bad is that this one blows all the others out of the water...

I like the way you have everything scheduled out and such. Amazing job on the helmet so far.

Holy Powerpoint, Batman!

I haven't seen a power point presentation since I got out of the military three years ago... what is bad is that this one blows all the others out of the water...

I like the way you have everything scheduled out and such. Amazing job on the helmet so far.

I appreciate the comment, Jason, thank you. I've seen a lot of WIP Threads on the 405th, none of which I've seen used a PowerPoint Presentation, so I thought to myself, "How do I present my build without using the usual format at designing WIP Threads?" It was easy, think out of the box. Because I'm so proficient at utilizing PowerPoint, I might as well present my build in the most simplistic and intriguing way.

Love how you've planned it all out, I'll be following this thread! And yes your Helmet looks great!

I'm almost finished applying the fiberglass tape into the helmet. There's not much of a mess, I'm glad it turned out well.
I've been thinking of saving the helmet after I apply the Bondo and just make casting molds out of it.
I still have to finish my ODST Armor Build.

MJÖLNIR MK. V _ Default Bicep (Female) (L&R)

MJÖLNIR MK. V _ Default Bicep (Female) _ (R)

HEIGHT FACTOR:
8.25"
210mm

The Bicep fits like a glove, however there's not much of a bend for me to yield a MA37. I decreased the scale by 1". I'm hoping the next one fits perfectly.

RBicep-Both.jpg

PEPPED
RESIN
FIBERGLASS
BONDO
PAINTED
DECALS & DETAILS
COMPLETED

[NOTES:]
1.) The Female Biceps, designed by ForgedReclaimer, are much more elongated than that of the Male Biceps.
If you've seen tons of reference photos of the Male Biceps, it's both logical and reasonable to build the Female Biceps than the Male Biceps.

2.) CURRENTLY EXPERIMENTING

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back