Samuray/dungbeetle Iron Man Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Mang said:
I'm pretty sure thats intended for accuracy. take a look at the mark 2 posted above

It is.

12382 said:
pic:
compare.jpg

I saw that during the unfold of the smaller chin. I fixed it. That piece is now separate. It is still possible to fix that if you already printed it. You just have to use an extra piece of paper for the tab. I'm going to change it in the original file and re-uploading it.

EDIT:

Both files are fixed now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samuray said:
It is.

I saw that during the unfold of the smaller chin. I fixed it. That piece is now separate. It is still possible to fix that if you already printed it. You just have to use an extra piece of paper for the tab. I'm going to change it in the original file and re-uploading it.

EDIT:

Both files are fixed now.

lol!, kinda too lte considering i already built that part so its flat. :pand its already superglued together

12382 said:
lol!, kinda too lte considering i already built that part so its flat. :pand its already superglued together

Which one are you working on? The smaller chin or the bigger chin?

Samuray said:
Which one are you working on? The smaller chin or the bigger chin?

ummm i dont really know :pi think its the one where it says : and heres the file....., but its not on 4 shared anymore, and the file i downloaded on my computer has been deleted somehow. so thats the model i THINK im working on

12382 said:
ummm i dont really know :pi think its the one where it says : and heres the file....., but its not on 4 shared anymore, and the file i downloaded on my computer has been deleted somehow. so thats the model i THINK im working on

That's probably it. I fixed the link now. Thanks for the heads up.

Samuray said:
That's probably it. I fixed the link now. Thanks for the heads up.

np, this has been coming out without any problems so far, and i prited it with the color, so i cant fix anything, but i plan to have it done today by 4:00 because m seeing ironman 2 for the SECOND time

12382 said:
np, this has been coming out without any problems so far, and i prited it with the color, so i cant fix anything, but i plan to have it done today by 4:00 because m seeing ironman 2 for the SECOND time

Feel free to post pics when it's done. I just got mine printed and started last night. I'll have to post pics later once it's a little further along.

Ah!

Discovered the mystery, it seemed strange that it appears flat at that point, I started from there to build your own version of the helmet, the one with long chin, I feared something was wrong while assembled. ;)

Now download the new version and started again, thanks Samuray. :D :D

I was a little confused at this point. Could anyone help with this spot.

4600330301_541ff180c1.jpg

It seems like it wants me to cut pieces that aren't suppoed to be cut because they are ovelapping. But maybe I'm wrong. I appreciate any help you all can give.

Thanks, guys!

P.S. Thanks for the updated model and to DB as well for letting you mod his already killer work.

Abzilla89 said:

It seems like it wants me to cut pieces that aren't suppoed to be cut because they are ovelapping. But maybe I'm wrong. I appreciate any help you all can give.

Thanks, guys!

P.S. Thanks for the updated model and to DB as well for letting you mod his already killer work.

Oops. I haven't gotten to that part yet and I guess I missed that part when I was unfolding. I'll fix it. It's not supposed to be together. Your best bet is to reprint that part with that piece separate. That's what I'm going to have to do since I already printed out mine. I'll fix that part on the file when I get home tonight and re-upload it.

In other news. I started my helmet. Here's what it looks like after finishing the faceplate:

_2__photo.jpg

_2__photo_2.jpg

_2__photo_3.jpg

Thanks to everyone who has started this helmet already. You're my beta testers :)

LOL i accedentally scaled this helmet too small this time.(i blame my abnormal head shape :p) but build has been commin out smoothly, the faceplate is done, the jaw is done and i am halfway through the back portion.lol i said i wouldve got it done by 4:00 but i failed and still got to watch ironman. OMG THERE WERE SO MANY LITTLE KIDS WEARING HASBROS IRONMAN HELMET AND I SAW ABOUT 7 PARENTS WEARING ONE TWO! lol i brough my ark reactor hand though it beat hasbros i wanted to get my helmets out and show those off too.

ps: im usin color with no edges. so its kida confusing. :p

Hey Samuray. I am absolutely adoring your amazing Mods to dungbeetle's helmet. This will be my helmet once I finish my body armor. Everything seems so perfect and its exactly what we need. I was downloading this masterpiece and it appeared to be connected at the jaw line. I'm not complaining or anything but the top of the helmet is separate but the bottom isn't. I'm sorry I seem kind of a jerk to complain but I was wondering if I need to cut it or what. Thanks for everything Samuray!

Abzilla89 said:

This is now fixed. Download is in the first post.

coolguy26 - The jaw, the faceplate, and the crown are separate. However, there are braces that go between the jaw and the faceplate that will connect the two.

thanks for the work at modifying this helmet and offering it out.

question; at the top, 800's there are no tabs to attach too. is this a break area? also, the front of the step in the forehead has numbers that dont attach to anything else. or am i blind?

well i have question samuray i am not good at bondoing like i never try it before but i want to make my helmet clean do u have any idea on how to make the line visible on the helmet like it wont touch by the bondo

hippo said:
thanks for the work at modifying this helmet and offering it out.

question; at the top, 800's there are no tabs to attach too. is this a break area? also, the front of the step in the forehead has numbers that dont attach to anything else. or am i blind?

I'm not sure what you mean by the 800's. If you could post a picture it'd help. As for the front step, I think you're referring to something that I've been asked about on section-sixteen. See here: My link

archor said:
well i have question samuray i am not good at bondoing like i never try it before but i want to make my helmet clean do u have any idea on how to make the line visible on the helmet like it wont touch by the bondo

Well. If you're not good at bondoing and want something that's easier to smooth, I've heard of people using plaster to smooth and add detail.

just did your short chin model. I ended up giving away the big chin version to a friend.

P5260072.jpg

Do you think the scaling looks good? Proportional?

P5260074.jpg

Also, samuray, do you have any plans of making a neck seal for your helmet. Your file has the last trapezoid open for the neck piece. I've yet to find a neck seal that would accommodate that. In fact, I have only found 1 neck seal file from dancin fools thread.

balistek said:
Also, samuray, do you have any plans of making a neck seal for your helmet. Your file has the last trapezoid open for the neck piece. I've yet to find a neck seal that would accommodate that. In fact, I have only found 1 neck seal file from dancin fools thread.

It looks great.

I'll look into making a neck seal.

Firstly thanks Mr Samuray for your work on the pep files. This is my first ever Pepakura build and it's been fun so far. Learnt lots but feel like I've got a huge amount of improving to do to get anywhere near the quality of some of the stuff i've seen on this site. I literally finished this a few minutes ago and I'm yet to tweak some of the folds to amke the pieces fit together properly. How do you guys attached the three pieces together?? I was thinking about using double sided tape along the joining edges in the hope that once I've fibre glassed it I could easily seperate them still.

IronMan.jpg

I did the big chin version before I realised there was a cooler looking small chin version. Could I just build the small chin and attach it to the rest of the big chin version?? I'll get some better pictures up soon so you can give me some feed back and tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back