selling armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brbb!

Uh... you should read around here a little more... there are current and recent auctions going on that would answer your question quite well.

Sean Bradley said:
Brbb!

Uh... you should read around here a little more... there are current and recent auctions going on that would answer your question quite well.

hmm, i see, well thank you sean, i've been bumming around the site for a while and have heard many great things, you do good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Microsoft's new IP protection? AFAIK it allows for the creation of personal items, and the selling of one offs... but I'm pretty sure they would crack down on any mass produced items. I know the alterations to the EULA have been a hot topic with machinimists, but honestly armorers may end up feeling its effects just as much, if not more.

Dracc said:
What about Microsoft's new IP protection? AFAIK it allows for the creation of personal items, and the selling of one offs... but I'm pretty sure they would crack down on any mass produced items. I know the alterations to the EULA have been a hot topic with machinimists, but honestly armorers may end up feeling its effects just as much, if not more.

Mass produced and 'profit' are non-binding terms subject to interpretation by the courts and legal proponets. If it's not claimed as your own creation, and isn't a recast of a liscensed product, you're probably in the clear... under certain terms... Just as long as you don't go selling these products with the 'Halo' or 'Master Chief' name directly attached... and don't mass-market your work.

But there are people out there who have employed less than legal techniques to make their armor, and who do directly contradict the Microsoft usage laws:

W e s t e r f i e l d Studios... I can't link because of the name ban.

Until the big guys get taken down, we shouldn't expect to see enforcement on our level.

Might be a different thing altogether shoudl we get authorization for whast we're doing... which may be coming before too long.

I don't personally see the point, for the amount of time involved in scoring, folding, gluing, hardening, and detailing pepakura armor, I can't see it being profitable.

Jim said:
I don't personally see the point, for the amount of time involved in scoring, folding, gluing, hardening, and detailing pepakura armor, I can't see it being profitable.

because, if we sell a bad product once, people will be less willing to come back again.

feigned-echo said:
because, if we sell a bad product once, people will be less willing to come back again.

I don't understand what you're saying here...

Jim said:
I don't understand what you're saying here...

if you don't put time and effort into the very first piece you make for someone, as if it were for you, they'll be able to tell from seeing how other pieces from other artists look, and think your work isn't good, so they'll take their business elseware.

feigned-echo said:
if you don't put time and effort into the very first piece you make for someone, as if it were for you, they'll be able to tell from seeing how other pieces from other artists look, and think your work isn't good, so they'll take their business elseware.

right.... well I wasn't suggesting rushing the work on the armor to sell... I was saying for the amount of work it would take to it... I cant see it being profitable.

Jim said:
right.... well I wasn't suggesting rushing the work on the armor to sell... I was saying for the amount of work it would take to it... I cant see it being profitable.

i do, when one goes for a couple grand on ebay.

feigned-echo said:
i do, when one goes for a couple grand on ebay.

Yeah... but not a pepakura suit... This is the pepakura discussion, those wouldn't go for that much would they?

So is it safe to say that a pep armor will never look as good as lets say armor that was created using the method that Adam used?

DrkZide said:
So is it safe to say that a pep armor will never look as good as lets say armor that was created using the method that Adam used?
I guess...unless you use a lot of Body Filler, at least thats my theory to make it look as good. ;)
But when your done with your pepakura model, what you see there is what you get. Sorta. :p

I have thought about selling my armour after I make two of corse, No joke I saw a suit on ebay go for 20 grand, US money not pesos.

Also I wouldn't say that pep won't look as good as say molded, it all depends of how good you are artistically, esentially it is a mold too, after sanding the pep not much paper is left mainly just resin. Pep is an inside out cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back