Seno Ypsamee's Mk Vi Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seno Ypsamee

Well, here are some new pics. This is all the "floating faces" that were included. I cut them out on cardboard, glued the cardstock piece to it, then glued it onto the helmet. I plan to resin after school tomorrow, and that'll be just the outside for tomorrow. My only question is that I bought foam brushes, and I've been told that they will get destroyed by the resin. Is this true? Anyways, onto the pictures:

100_1513.jpg

100_1514.jpg

100_1515.jpg

100_1518.jpg

100_1519.jpg

100_1520.jpg

100_1521.jpg

Sorry for the bad lighting, but with the flash on, it was glaring off of the helmet, making it bright and hard to see.

At least you've been doing something, I've been playing halo 3-and COD 4-all day (its 405th day, give me a break). Good Luck on the rest.

Bigalt424 said:
At least you've been doing something, I've been playing halo 3-and COD 4-all day (its 405th day, give me a break). Good Luck on the rest.
I was going to play Halo 3, but as soon as I got on this morning I had some little kids saying I sucked and needed to stop playing Halo. Needless to say I immediately shut off my 360 and decided to start working on my armor.

Little kids just piss me off sometimes. Sure I suck at Halo 3, but I don't need some little Grade 1 Sergeant to tell me that. :p

And thanks, I'm gonna need all the luck I can to pull this off...

Last edited by a moderator:
Seno 'Ypsamee said:
I was going to play Halo 3, but as soon as I got on this morning I had some little kids saying I sucked and needed to stop playing Halo. Needless to say I immediately shut off my 360 and decided to start working on my armor.

Little kids just piss me off sometimes. Sure I suck at Halo 3, but I don't need some little Grade 1 Sergeant to tell me that. :p

And thanks, I'm gonna need all the luck I can to pull this off...
I know, it makes me so mad when I have one bad game and some little 10 year old will tell me I suck and should never play again. I almost immediately leave the game to find a new one or get off. I like how the armor is turning out, the small mistake will be an easy fix and your armor should turn out great. Keep up the good work.

Spartan 035 said:
I know, it makes me so mad when I have one bad game and some little 10 year old will tell me I suck and should never play again. I almost immediately leave the game to find a new one or get off. I like how the armor is turning out, the small mistake will be an easy fix and your armor should turn out great. Keep up the good work.
Yeah, but I didn't even play a game. I joined the lobby and he started saying crap. I guess he looked at my service record, but I looked at his and his was even worse! xD

pooper said:
Good luck on your build Seno... looking forward to seeing it done.
Me too... been here for almost a year and a half and have nothing to show for it. :p

FIrst set of armor got destroyed, though, not my fault...

Seno 'Ypsamee said:
FIrst set of armor got destroyed, though, not my fault...

Crap, that sucks... hopefully nothing will happen to this one. :p

Well, I finished the helmet, and though it looks crappy, I'm satisfied with it for the most part. A few areas I wish I could go back and fix, but I can't, at least right now. It did get a little warped, but I'm sure I can fix that before/during fiberglassing later this week. I'm not a pro when it comes to Pepakura or hot glue, so it is crappy, but keep in mind this is my first attempt at an HD model of any kind. :p

(FIRST POST HAS MOST RECENT UPDATE/PICS)

So, tell me what you think, and don't be afraid to criticize it, constructive criticism is always helpful. Tell me what I can do better on the next piece, which will be the right forearm. :)

EDIT: There is still a lot of hot glue left on it, but I literally just finished, so I haven't had time to go back and take it off.

Well, the brim looks warped... maybe you can help even it out with cardboard supports? My 2 cents...

pooper said:
Well, the brim looks warped... maybe you can help even it out with cardboard supports? My 2 cents...
Yeah, I was thinking something like that. It's not AS warped as the pic is showing, but it is still pretty warped.

I would try adding a piece of cardboard across the brim to see if it'll help straighten it out. If so, then it'll be okay to start resining. If this dang cold wind ever stops blowing. You know what I'm talking about. :p

pooper said:
I would try adding a piece of cardboard across the brim to see if it'll help straighten it out. If so, then it'll be okay to start resining. If this dang cold wind ever stops blowing. You know what I'm talking about. :p
Yeah... it seems it's always windy around here this time of year. :p

UPDATE: My respirator came in today, ten days early, so It looks like my helmet might get resined/fiberglassed this weekend. No pics for now, but I am redoing my right bicep, first one was too big, and I'm using a different model.

SoullessSin said:
@UNIT-SPARTAN#007

Hahhaha I don't see how fiberglass and lolliepops are related.
Let's hope he's not trying to eat a lollipop while trying to fiberglass! :lol:

Haven't been able to get much done, printer is on the fritz (and it's brand new!), and the weather is totally against me right now, just ask pooper! I'm gonna try to get some fiberglassing/resining done this week/weekend, so look forward to it!

UPDATE: Decided to redo helmet. The first one is a bit too small for my taste, plus I want to fix the warpage I caused in the first one with a new build. I'll probably start/finish assembly tomorrow, then have it fiberglassed/resined (or at least started) by Sunday.

Ha! that's funny, I'm trying to get my new MVI finished this weekend too, and... fiberglassed? What?! that's right... no hot glue method for me this time! going to try and mold this one.

And Seno's right about the weather where we're at... it's been crappy and holding us back.

can't wait to see more seno.

pooper said:
Ha! that's funny, I'm trying to get my new MVI finished this weekend too, and... fiberglassed? What?! that's right... no hot glue method for me this time! going to try and mold this one.

And Seno's right about the weather where we're at... it's been crappy and holding us back.

can't wait to see more seno.
That's awesome, dude. Your first set turned out nice with the hot glue method, anyways!

Yeah, it's been better the past few days, so gonna try to take advantage of it.

I'll try to get something to show done this weekend! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back