Seperating armour from a rigged model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixk2

Ok, I've got a model that I want to seperate armour from, and print, and I can remove it from the 'rig' (body?) but when I get it in cura to slice, it says model is not manifold, and preview shows it only printing parts of the item, but all of the supports. Now I think I know why this is, the armour piece doesnt have an inner wall, the 'rig' provides the inner wall (in this case a thigh). What I want to know is, in meshmixer, how do I create a new inner wall to item to make it 'manifold'? Its got me stumped tbh, I still cant get my head around blender and fusion360 keeps crashing.
Obviously I would love if someone could sort this out for me, but even better would be someone patient enough to type out what I need to do so I can do it, and learn, myself. I am finding my way around meshmixer, I have created and printed a mask using a mix of a demon mask I found, and meshmix head file and its turned out really well and I thought after doing the mask, that this would be a walk in the park but obviously I still have a lot to learn.
Apologies for not being very active of late, have had some personal issues, but I do try and come on and read and see whats happening with my fellow 405thers. Hope everyone is doing ok during these trying times.

when ever i have a model that says non manifold i open it in 3d builder and it will have a button thats says import and a red box will a peer around it. the program will ask you if you want to repair it i say yes and sometimes it will take 30mins but it will make it manifold and cura will let you print it.....

yes I tried that but its the whole of the inside of a thigh that is missing, outer wall is there, but it seems too much for 3d builder, though it worked on other pieces where just small holes were present.

It sounds like something that could be done in Blender. Can you post screenshots of the issues? From what I'm hearing, you need to seperate and patch up models, correct?

It sounds like something that could be done in Blender. Can you post screenshots of the issues? From what I'm hearing, you need to seperate and patch up models, correct?
Yes that is it. I can pull armour off the body but the body makes up the inside of the armour piece, so there is no inside. I can pm you screenshots if thats ok? Once I am home from yard tho in about an hour? I cannot get my head around blender, I dont know what everything means, there are so many buttons and information and everything seems to do something other than what the term/name of button suggests lmao Meshmixer still dumbfounds me at times but I am starting to get a bit of confidence on it, but simpler for idiots like me means more restrictive, less functional lol.

I want to learn blender, and I have watched the blender tutorials, but they only really cover the very basics and then my head starts to implode. Not all of the armour pieces are like this, some do have inside faces and I've pulled them off body, done a bit of editing and smoothed them etc but I have been trying to find the correct function to do the thighs. I learn pretty quickly, but I do need stuff explaining in step by step laymans terms lol

That's all good if you want to PM me some screenshots, but if you post them here others will be able to help too. Blender is a pretty difficult program to get into, so I can't blame you if you're having trouble with it.

Is the model directly ripped or was it fixed up before? If it's a direct rip, you'll probably have to do a bit more than just add some faces as likely intersect, since the model would be optimised for a game engine, which doesn't care about intersecting faces.

Is the model directly ripped or was it fixed up before? If it's a direct rip, you'll probably have to do a bit more than just add some faces as likely intersect, since the model would be optimised for a game engine, which doesn't care about intersecting faces.
I think its directly ripped, and I think it might even be easier to model from scratch as the model doesnt look to have much detail anyway. Looks like I am gonna be loosing more hair. Might give tinkercad a try.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back