Services Offered For The Expert Mold Makers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIRAGE

Jr Member
What,s up 405th

if any one needs a project to be finished like a helmet thats sitting on the back burner that need a lot of work before you pull a mold from it.. i am willing to do the body work on it for a copy of the finished product.. thanks...

This isn't allowed on the Noob forum. And highly unlikely of someone to just send it to you especially when your a noob.

We need to see what you can do first off. Second, you're probably going to need to be around for a while before anything like this could happen. Gotta build a rep :)

Yeah, basically what they said. Just chill for now and make some stuff so we can see what you can do, and then maybe later, you can do something like this. Don't get ahead of yourself. Its taken me until now to be able to make things for other people.

yeah you need to be promoted to at least veteran and show us your detailing skill. how do we know if you are even good at detailing?

YES I AM A NOOB TO THE SITE....I have been registered on the site now more than a week, but I have visited the site as a guest for more than a month before I joined ...after reading & watching videos of people building things and pulling molds from them .having experience with fiber glass molds and vacum molds that I would offer to HELP out someone who needs it, in order to make a good mold you need a finish part to pull from. I don’t intend to make a molds.., I was just offering my HELP so that they can work on other stuff while I worked on a neglected piece sitting on a shelve. Trust me I am working on a HD recon helmet I will post pics as soon as it’s worthy..Thanks

"Only nice people get Halo's"

MIRAGE said:
YES I AM A NOOB TO THE SITE....I have been registered on the site now more than a week, but I have visited the site as a guest for more than a month before I joined ...after reading & watching videos of people building things and pulling molds from them .having experience with fiber glass molds and vacum molds that I would offer to HELP out someone who needs it, in order to make a good mold you need a finish part to pull from. I don’t intend to make a molds.., I was just offering my HELP so that they can work on other stuff while I worked on a neglected piece sitting on a shelve. Trust me I am working on a HD recon helmet I will post pics as soon as it’s worthy..Thanks

"Only nice people get Halo's"

Whoa boy calm down haha. I think what everyone is trying to say dude is that based on the way things look right now it's hard to tell 1) If you are trust worthy because you are fairly new to the site; and 2) If you are actually skilled enough to do what they want.

You seemed a little upset in your reply to the other member's post so I just wanted to clarify what they were meaning with their replies. In everyone's defense you can't just ask with a new account to have people trust you to send their stuff to you because for all they know, not saying you would, could steal their work; losing them money/time/future uses for that project. Also because you have not shown anywork, people don't know if you are really qualified and might, yet again not saying you would, mess up their project. Like they said, just reply more and put progress of projects up, even when you are not done to show you are dedicated. Best of luck to you and very nice of you to offer the service but since you are just offering free labor or "help" as you said, don't get angry when people don't ask for that. I am still fairly new as well so I am learning too :) . Yay forums!

EDIT: Technically my account is old as you can see because I used to just view a lot of projects because I was an admirer but I have only become active this month.

-Napthali-​

Last edited by a moderator:
Napthali hit it pretty dead on. no one is trying to be rude, they are just trying to protect their investments. once you put hours and hours in to a piece its a little difficult to let someone else work on it. i had someone offer to do pretty much exactly what you are asking to do, but i refused them right off because my props are my babies. and i get uncomfortable when someone else even just holds my babies. just learn your way around the forums, read thru peoples work threads and get a feel for everything, and stuff like that will just fall in to place naturally.

Wow interesting thread. So Mirage gets bashed for offering to help and what is very funny to me is that he is told to be ranked up to "veteran" by a guy with 33 posts. I doubt anyone here is new to the internet and the BS keyboard know-it-alls that it breeds BUT don't you think it would be a good idea to give a person the benefit of the doubt by asking just a few simple questions? Maybe like what his experience level is? That is just one question that I believe is very important. How do you guys not know that the guy you are bashing just happens to be a pioneer in the field of composites and just happens to get a kick out helping new people? So you bash the guy and never get a chance to take advantage of skills offered. That is just my opinion and what does it really matter since I too am a newb...right because I have one post I am a newb. EXCEPT I just happen to have 20 years experience building all sorts of projects from materials like fiberglass, carbon fiber, kevlar, titanium, aluminum, wood, plastic, acrylics, and so many more materials. I just also happen to have a full fabrication shop with over 500k in tooling including CNC router, manual machining, TIG welding, a the list goes on. But I would probably get bashed by some 15 year old with 33 posts for trying to offer up some help.

Well to help everyone out here are a few pictures of not only my work but also some from Mirage. I built 99% of what you see in this Corvette (happens to be my car) and Mirage did 99% of the finish work to get it ready for paint.

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

9672a8c5.jpg

shrunkenclosure.jpg

I have also included a few other pics of stuff I have built. Oh and I already know that NONE of it has to do with props. I have not built any props. But I think they are wicked cool and can translate what I already know over to making props.

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

Before photo of fiberglass bodywork for a race bike.

100_0616.jpg

After photo once I repaired it and painted it.

100_0621.jpg

Brackets I machined out of plate steel and then TIG welded to the front of a dirt bike that I am turning into a road racing bike.

IMG_0626.jpg

So good day to everyone. There are some wicked cool things built on this forum and if I am able to spare the time to build some stuff I will post the pics. Thinking of making a mostly billet battle rifle. But until then I hope newbs are given a bit more respect until they are proven not to deserve the respect given especially by other newbs. Have a good one.

We weren't knocking him for anything in relation to noob status, just that the noob forum isn't the place to post it and if he had posted pics of works like you have in yours then we would have seen what he is capable of and had no reason to doubt him.

so to simplify, weren't being rude, just explaining ways he could go about helping and gaining trust.

It's not experience or getting "Veteran" status. That doesn't mean anything.

It's being around here long enough for people to trust you, getting a good reputation, just being someone people would feel comfortable sending their hard work to you. No one is bashing you, just stick around for a while and make friends.

ok you know what,MIRAGE,we basically haven't seen the standard of your work and you might want a good rep on the forums first(which you don't have),

@wasntme

Dude...a car is a car,you buy it,but you didn't make it,meaning once the company has the moneyhs,they do matter what you do with it.But in this case,your giving your works,the thing you spent hour and hours on to a complete stranger who is new to this,isnt safe at all.People aren't dumb,they aware of a persons status and skill,Just because he cleaned up the exterior and interior of car means nothing.He may be experienced in that,but he's a completely new to armor building,you want someone expereinced and professional to look after your model.No harsh feelings or anything but that's the point everyone's trying to make.

wasntme said:
Wow interesting thread. So Mirage gets bashed for offering to help

I'm interested in how you thought any of these posts were bashing Mirage. All they are saying is that he needs to build a reputation on this site before people will trust him with their items.

wasntme said:
How do you guys not know that the guy you are bashing just happens to be a pioneer in the field of composites and just happens to get a kick out helping new people?

The main reason people aren't jumping on this offer is because we DON'T know that the guy is a pioneer in the field of composites. He posted no credentials, no pictures, nothing. You say give the BOTD by asking questions; but why doesn't he answer questions that could be easily anticipated (Such as his previous works)? Had he posted the pictures you posted right away, people would not have doubted him.

wasntme said:
That is just my opinion and what does it really matter since I too am a newb...right because I have one post I am a newb?

Because you have one post, yes, you are a newb. That means you are new to the forum, nothing more, nothing less. We will respect your opinion if you present it respectfully (which you certainly did).

I hope this clears up why people said what they said; nothing was written with a malicious intent. People on this site and many others simply want to know who they are possibly going to be doing business with before jumping into a commitment like this.

mjolnir follower said:
ok you know what,MIRAGE,we basically haven't seen the standard of your work and you might want a good rep on the forums first(which you don't have),

@wasntme

Dude...a car is a car,you buy it,but you didn't make it,meaning once the company has the moneyhs,they do matter what you do with it.But in this case,your giving your works,the thing you spent hour and hours on to a complete stranger who is new to this,isnt safe at all.People aren't dumb,they aware of a persons status and skill,Just because he cleaned up the exterior and interior of car means nothing.He may be experienced in that,but he's a completely new to armor building,you want someone expereinced and professional to look after your model.No harsh feelings or anything but that's the point everyone's trying to make.

Did you look at the photos? Tell me where there is a car that looks just like that made from what manufacture that can be purchased at what car dealer? I can answer that for you. NONE! Everything you see in that car is hand built one-off. Would you like pics of the build process? Means nothing? HAHAHA thank you for the laugh. Let me explain something to you. Very FEW people who are in a particular creative industry or have a particular creative hobby started out in that field. Most people started doing something else...let's say boat building...and then realized that hey my fiberglass skills and knowledge translates very well into another totally different field that I find much more appealing then building boats. Do you get my point? I am going to go out on a limb here and say that many of the members that post CAD drawings on this forum are not toy designers. I would venture to say that they design something that is not at all relevant to toys for a living. BUT they find the HALO weapons and armor interesting so the use their skills to design the toys using a CAD program. But according to you these people must not know squat about building toys since they really just design sprinkler heads on AutoCAD for a living, they just happen to be wicked good at using AutoCAD. Interesting. I am sure you missed the point especially since this a long a sort of ranting response so I will go over it again for you. Chances are someone who is highly experienced in using the materials you want to use to make the toys is going to be able to build a better product and faster then you can. Again I am just guessing that you have no experience with anything related to the materials or procedures used in making said toys just that you are interested in it. I am make this assumption based upon your response.

Achille...thanks for you reply.

To everyone else. It is very true that Mirage or any other new member could have put more information in his thread about his background. But that it is often taken as arrogance or outright BS. Sometimes it is better to let people ask the questions then to answer the questions for them. Obviously in this situation it would have been better to provide the information beforehand since nobody bothered to ask.

@ wasntme

MY god,Can't you speak any nicer to people.I'm not a god damn car expert SO HOW THE f*** would I know how to get a car like that at which dealer.First thing MIRAGE should of done is to supply is professions and his how far is skills depth is.Other than that,everyone would of course say "NO" if you don't supply ANY of that information.Gosh.

Did no one read my post?

Experience has NOTHING to do with it. It's about being around here long enough for people to trust you and see who you really are. Yelling and getting mad at people isn't going to help any of you.

I expect a lock on this thread pretty soon.

Buddy, you seem to be ignoring what everyone is telling you. So here it is yet again, hopefully slow enough for you to read. WE DONT KNOW YOU. You post a few photos of some stuff. THIS ISN'T A CAR SITE. We don't know what can be bought and what can't. Should I show you a pic of my desk and get all up in your face if you don't recognize what I want you to see? You've been extremely rude. The last part about the modeling really pisses me off. I modeled for a job and for fun, I spent a couple of man days as in over 48 man hours in order to give people a model they can use. I at no point ever said "Look at my greatness!!!!", and I sure as hell never said that made me qualified to handle other people's props. Until I show: before, during, after, and high detail photos of my top quality work I would never assume people will throw their hard earned props at me. If I have done great work then I will have the pictures to prove it, and I don't think I would actively try to make people hate me by playing a martyr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back