Shadowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

xccoaster

I've followed this forum for years now. I would have tried it by now but I'm too uncomfortable spending the funds on something I have no experience in. I was wondering if any of the veterans with this sort of process would be interested in a sort of..shadowing experience sometime from square one.

I've followed this forum for years now. I would have tried it by now but I'm too uncomfortable spending the funds on something I have no experience in. I was wondering if any of the veterans with this sort of process would be interested in a sort of..shadowing experience sometime from square one.

The initial fails don't cost that much (except time). You will probably waste a bit of every new material you start to use, but as long as you don't pick a chest piece to try everything out, that won't really matter. I like to build HD hand pieces to experiment with, they have enough detail to try most of the materials and techniques, but you won't be wasting much time or money making (and, worst case, disposing of) them.

You have two face to important facts here: First, watching can be done on Youtube and watching somebody in reality won't prevent you from messing up once you're on your own. And second, this is pretty expensive and some wasted material won't really show on the suit's price tag.

Its all trial and error. There is no right or wrong way to do this, everyones got their own style. Basically is you can cut, fold glue paper. then mix chemical A with chemical B then with cover fiberglass then spray on paint you can make armor. I made my first suit on the cheap, about $100 top. Its really not as hard as it seems. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back