SHE IS DONE! YES YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
True that I could paint over them.

Well I'm going out later after school (goofing off right now on my online school classes (actually taking a 5min break before I head to my other studies))

I'll go buy some straps, I doubt I'll need much just because my torso, helmet and crotch all stay on fine with velcro.

This isn't the place to ask this but it's been bothering me for a long time and you guys seem to know what it is. What does ODST mean? TYVM! It's been the bain of my existance on this forum :D

s-meister said:
This isn't the place to ask this but it's been bothering me for a long time and you guys seem to know what it is. What does ODST mean? TYVM! It's been the bain of my existance on this forum :D

:eek:

ODST = Orbital Drop Shock Trooper = Badass

As for the rivets, I would leave them unpainted. They make the armor look more realistic. Also, I would cut slits in the underarmor and slide the straps through. It would make them completely invisible if done right.

Last edited by a moderator:
how hard is it to put on when its strapped up like that. I really like the idea and i think I might use it for my next set of armor. I also got annoyed adjusting my armor when using it. Heck by about 30 some of my straps came completely unattached and I was holding them up.

It must be easy to put on, puting on the armor itself is easy, but they slide off, the straps just keep them from sliding off I guess.

TwitchFMX8811 said:
how hard is it to put on when its strapped up like that. I really like the idea and i think I might use it for my next set of armor. I also got annoyed adjusting my armor when using it. Heck by about 30 some of my straps came completely unattached and I was holding them up.

The chest: Put your arms straight up and slip your arms through as the chest drops down.

The cod: Lie down on your back and pull it on like a pair of pants. Do this near something so you can pull yourself up. Or have someone there to help you up. I need someone to help put the boots on at this point.

I put buckles on the suspenders (front) and they cross at the back, that way they don't slide off the shoulders.

Nice! You look about my age and abotu as skinny as me, so did you have to do much other than normally scaling it? Did you make it thinner or something? And thats a a beastly paint job.

i didnt make it skinner, just scaled, made, resin/glassed and painted, looks good on me, I did more work...

GET READY FOR THE MEGA UPDATE

All i did was hotglue straps to the peices, I need to use buckles or velcro to connect to torso to the crotch peice, arms are strapped to torso and fit me easily and comfy, same for legs (omg I can teabag comfortably) so far, just connecting the 2 peices now I havent done yet

Note : the pics were taken before i strapped the arms to the torso.

Close up of paintjob and strapping
IMG_1267.jpg

Super robo pants
IMG_1265.jpg

Frosts opinion on this: leet
IMG_1268.jpg

I can teabagz0r real comfy now, I can jump, run, and crouch easily now my legging is strapped.

Arms are good, I may need to redo them, I havent really bothered with them yet as for fitting

Today I attached straps from the crotch peice to the torso, back is hard for me to attach, front is too long, So I redid it and havent tested yet, another day or two and my costume will be ready for the real fitting and pictures, and going to annoy people at stores.....I should see if my local library would let masterchief read the kids stories.

very good work! can i ask what and how u connected the pieces? like what was the material u used as straps? like velcro or something?

Hot glue to connect the straps to the peices, the straps are actually called straps, I bought them at walmart in the sewing area, they were like 2.50 something, 1 of them did me good the entire suit, they come in a small round spool kinda like scotch tape how it's rolled up, same for these straps, I was looking at elastic bands, but then I asked the lady who worked there, and yes straps are called straps.

I will be posting updates, my suit is now wearable and fine, I still cant move arms all the way, only hald the way, but I can move alot mroe comfy now, will post pics later today, I have my suit hanging for the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back