Should i resize the helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthDratinni

This is probably going to sound very dumb, but would i have to resize the helmet because im making the Halo reach Mkv helmet and it kept its default size which was 14.86 in height and 13 in width and 19 in depth. Would i have to resize to fit me ot would that be a good size?

Thats what it was changed to

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    531.6 KB · Views: 311
I measure my head from ear to ear which was 24.75 and i adjusted the model to fit.
NOOOOOO! PLEASE DONT HAVE PRINTED IT YET! There is no way(if you are a human) your head is TWO feet wide from ear to ear! Those are so many peices of paper I would give up this hobby as a whole! Something weird must have happened...

NOOOOOO! PLEASE DONT HAVE PRINTED IT YET! There is no way(if you are a human) your head is TWO feet wide from ear to ear! Those are so many peices of paper I would give up this hobby as a whole! Something weird must have happened...

...Centimeters. I am going to bet that DarthDratinni is talking about Centimeters, since Pepakura uses Centimeters as the default value. Not inches.

I was reading that as centimeters thinking it was a good size. STOP THE PRESSES UNLESS YOU'RE ACTUALLY JORGE.

Cadet the screen grab does have the inches " so units may have been adjusted.

I missed that on the screen grab.

DarthDratinni , 24.75 centimeters is a good size for the helmet, but definitely not 24.75 inches. Make sure to double check your settings before you print!

Unless you are going for the bobble head look......then go even bigger.
My buddy and I once scaled a H3 MK VI helmet that big for his Halloween costume, and It ended up being WAY too big. He ended up going as an "unfortunate typo", putting the helmet on, an apron, and a spatula, and going as "Master Chef."

So i figured out why it was so big i measured it the wrong way ear to ear as opposed to head to chin and it came to an inch or 2 shorter than the original file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back