Silicone mold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizinski117

Which silicone is the best to use for a odst helmet? As well as price wise i dont have much money. I thought dragon skin 10 fast or medium. And how much would i need to cover the whole helmet to make the whole mold? Could i use the trial size and have enough to finish the helmet is 9-1/2 in tall

I'm actually trying to figure this out myself. There is a non-tutorial (as well as many other -actual- tutorials out there by others, including from Tested) on mold-making from Cereal Kill3r. I think he mentioned that he used...three kits of Dragon Skin 10 FAST. That equates to something like 6 lbs worth of rubber.

Just got the model that I needed to figure the surface area for into Inventor 2016. It's telling me about 800 square inches, which equates to something like 13 pounds of Rebound 25. That would mean, that it would make the most sense to buy a gallon kit, which is just shy of 200 bucks. Would leave me with some 4 pounds of rubber left.

Just got the model that I needed to figure the surface area for into Inventor 2016. It's telling me about 800 square inches, which equates to something like 13 pounds of Rebound 25. That would mean, that it would make the most sense to buy a gallon kit, which is just shy of 200 bucks. Would leave me with some 4 pounds of rubber left.
Sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back