Sith Acolyte - Custom model download here

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickmatch

I have been working on a sith acolyte model. (Download Link below my blah blah)

So I started in blender and traced the frontal outline of some others I've seen around..

2012-11-12_00-22-12_170.jpg

Then unfolded it...
2012-11-12_00-22-46_892.jpg

The only thing I forgot to fix was part of the eyes. Easy enough to glue on after the fact (notice the corners on the outer part of the eye.

Anyways.. process involved two prototypes.. this is the one I'm using...
2012-11-14_21-46-38_526.jpg

Download the pdo here

So on to my questions...

Right now I am starting to pep a hi res gauntlet (not sure which but it's halo).. what do you guys do when you're near the end? I could barely fit the glue gun into a helm.. it just gets messy near the end of a small piece? Like do I hold the glue area open and squirt it in and hope to get it positioned before it grips?

Resining... do I use a clear acrylic to seal up the paper before I resin? or do I need "supports" inside the piece? Do you do only one side of the piece, or do you support it somehow so you can do a full coat over the whole thing in one sitting?

These are all questions that are kind of answered in my mind but I wanted current opinions.

Thanks all, and especially you all rock for being amazing inspirations. :cool

SO had a couple questions.. surprised no one answered, I assume because it's buried beneath the Star Wars (Read: non-Halo) content. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back