SNOW on REsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakiki

Jr Member
so I was letting my resin cure and it got snowed on, i took it in, but now parts are dry and parts are gummy, im doing another layer would that be okay, would that harden this one?

Wow, you got snow already?

Sorry, I can't help you. I have no experience with resin at all, but maybe you should put on another coat.

I can't imagine what resining is going to be like when I go home to Alaska...

Either I wait weeks for my stuff to cure, or my garage reeks... Hmm....

But I would think just giving it more time would help.

Well, seeing as how resin cures from the heat it generates, its logical to assume that if you took a hair drier to it for awhile it would re-initiate the curing process. Thats just my thinking though.

it will probably never cure completly, you need to leave it somewhere warm and dry for about a day then mix up a hot batch of resin (almost double the cataylist amount) and brush this over the top thinly. the hot batch may not cure properly either becuase the reaction is exothermic, exposing it to cold has perminantly retarded the reaction, so the bottom layer will inhibit the top layer.

drgon47 said:
Well, seeing as how resin cures from the heat it generates, its logical to assume that if you took a hair drier to it for awhile it would re-initiate the curing process. Thats just my thinking though.
I agree with that, although i have no experience with resin, but since its based on heat, it makes sense. - Ice

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back