Solitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

xalener

Well, you may already know about this project. It's especially close to my heart as I was recently (a few months ago) inducted into the team and am now a developer!

http://www.moddb.com/games/solitude

I'm just as excited for this as you guys are, but we're a long way to go before beta.

We're taking a lot of atristic license with this. It WILL feel and play like Halo. Pretty close to CE in fact.

We're making it much more intense. It will be more violent for sure (within boundaries) Bodies won't gib randomly like GOW or quake vanilla, but they WILL be able to dismember. Deal with it.

Weapon sounds will be beefier than regular Halo. I'm doing the sound design, as well as modeling, voice acting, and texture painting. I hope to auire 3ds max 10 and start animating too.

There will be a full campaign and multiplayer, but the campaign's details are pretty deep under wraps right now.

Right now I'm doing this to expand our watchers... Mostly to motivate us if we slack. Nothing makes you work like thousands of angry gamers.

xalener said:
Well, you may already know about this project. It's especially close to my heart as I was recently (a few months ago) inducted into the team and am now a developer!

http://www.moddb.com/games/solitude

I'm just as excited for this as you guys are, but we're a long way to go before beta.

We're taking a lot of atristic license with this. It WILL feel and play like Halo. Pretty close to CE in fact.

We're making it much more intense. It will be more violent for sure (within boundaries) Bodies won't gib randomly like GOW or quake vanilla, but they WILL be able to dismember. Deal with it.

Weapon sounds will be beefier than regular Halo. I'm doing the sound design, as well as modeling, voice acting, and texture painting. I hope to auire 3ds max 10 and start animating too.

There will be a full campaign and multiplayer, but the campaign's details are pretty deep under wraps right now.

Right now I'm doing this to expand our watchers... Mostly to motivate us if we slack. Nothing makes you work like thousands of angry gamers.

Dude! looks amazing! as long as o can play it on my mac ( most likely not right?) or my WII (Hope that wasn't a joke on your site because i want to play this game) I'll be one happy marine! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds absolutely perfect! The Halo I've always wanted on me PSP with all the things I thought Halo should of had!

Any idea how long the project will take?

How much is complete currently?

Not much regrettably. But I can feel the beta getting closer and closer.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to go finish ome reload sounds right now.

yep.

But there's a PC version too.

The Wii version was an april fools joke, but it CAN happen.

If you have a slim and plan on hacking it, make sure it's not updated.

It will be unhackable.

Yeah, if you're buying a PSP for this, buy a used one at gamestop or ebay unless your friend has one too or you feel like risking a pandora battery... Google this stuff I'm not sure we can really tell you how to hack here

I'm sure you can, for it's not only for obtaining illegal games. It allows you to play profitless homemade games that some people get together and make for fun.

Like this one.

But yeah. Get a PSP phat if you're gonna get one..

You're the guys who are working on this!!! Man I found Solitude on Moddb and if I ever get a PSP, it will be almost solely for Solitude! Keep up the good work. (Do you guys plan to implement dual wielding?... that might be a bit too clunky to do on a psp...) Can't wait to see what happens!

Cheers!

xalener said:
I'm sure you can, for it's not only for obtaining illegal games. It allows you to play profitless homemade games that some people get together and make for fun.

I hope you don't think that that's what I thought :D

It's just I've been on other forums where they wouldn't allow talk of modding consoles.

Here's a nice little tutorial for those wanting to hack their PSP's

By the way I'm pretty sure the hacked firmware keeps you from playing commercial games on a UMD.

Sadly I've got a 6.2 phat. :(

So I've got to get a pandora battery, or wait until someone figures out how to hack THAT.

xalener said:

Like this one.

But yeah. Get a PSP phat if you're gonna get one..

Are you saying this is phat release only? So it won't work on my 5.50 gen d3 hacked PSP slim?

xalener said:

And that's why Duke Nukem Forever was released so quickly, right? :unsure

Amazing job so far, guys. Keep it up!

Too bad I only have one PSP Phat with the latest official Frimware, and too self conscious to risk bricking it. Plus, Peace Waler is coming out, so...

Dr. KriSpY said:
wasn't there already a homebrew Halo game for PSP. I played it on my PSP. The AI's were awful!

Well, obviously this time they don't want to fail as hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back