Some Battle Damage Techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

Well I compiled some.
Bullets Marks-Take a small rock, heat up the spot in your armor, melt in, cool off, pull out. Done! Thanks to whoever told me this, I forgot...
Scratches- Take some silver paint and take a brush, paint it on in a thin line.

I would like to find a way to make a plasma scorch, any ideas?

Ares said:
Bullets Marks-Take a small rock, heat up the spot in your armor, melt in, cool off, pull out. Done! Thanks to whoever told me this, I forgot...

That would be Darkesword to thank ;-)

As from scorchs, I say do black paint...make it look like a skin burn but on armor...if that's possible :roll: ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ares said:
Well I compiled some.
Scratches- Take some silver paint and take a brush, paint it on in a thin line.

Plasma burn, find an accurate image of one on some MC armor.

Then use whichever tool looks most similar to the plasma burn you intend to make.

For instance, you could use a ripped up leaf from a tree to just dip in paint and slash at the armor, I've seen it done, just do it with different colors.. (this was done for a spec ops commander suit....came out well... ) ;-)

Other tips,

Salt Weathering, (ask for more info)

Toothpaste weathering, (ask for more info)

Scratch marks - Use a sharp x-acto and cut across it. Like a thin line....etc..etc

There are more, and I will post them as they come to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know about weathering too, I wanted to be a sandie for a while.
I might try some techniques on a base piece.

could you do this for battle damage: primer, silver base, MC green then whne that set you scratch of parts of the green where you want damage and then ad a few black lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back