Some quick questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dootuz

Hey,

I'm starting on makeing props for the first time.. If you know I used to work somewhere, but somethings came up. Now I'm on my own. For makeing good armors like the kind I see on this site, (stuff like admins and link) what do I need? And how Can I try to cut the cost down. I'm by myself and maybe one freind that can come over every other weekend. But i have a big Movie project I'm working on and need to get the props done before summer. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

:) Dootuz :)

Also I know what I'm doing becuase I worked with it a but I have no equement. What should I get at a low budgte?

You can make a pep suit, look at my gallery and others to see what a pepakura suit looks like, or you can make a molded suit.

A pep suit will cost 100-200 dollars, that being you have the basic tools needed such as a electric dremel.

A molded suit will cost 1000-2000 dollars to make.

Depends on how much money you have, read stickies, learn how to make stuff.

Widman2013 said:
Yea I Would Go For Pepakura.

~Widman2013~

I tryed it before and its cool and all but my movie requres a lot of coustoms aromors and stuff to. And I need about 5 or 7 suites :(. I'm not good at modeling :(. If i wanted to make a hard suite what could I do? Or some way to use pep with coustom stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
well if you need multiplies then id do a pep suit and hard mold off that. Look at what MLC is doing and I think thats your best bet if you want to keep costs low.

Can I have a link? But its just cuase not all of our stuff... or most... if not I'm not sure if any is Halo so I can't just rip the models off. Depending on our project.

Sorry I was in a rush. Almost late to guitar lessons :). I was saying that I have many projects to do now. Some involving Halo, and some more serious movies, like the one I'm doing now. I didn't know you could use the pep for a base to use resin on top of to make hard models. Or something like resin. But the problem is that for my movies and some other projects it would be hard to use pep because I have to make those armors and ideas form scratch. (I would not have any models to use in pep.) Any ideas on what I could do then?

Thanks!

:) Dootuz :)

shadow8136 said:
if not read stickies yet, NO TAPE! it will melt if u resin.

That could be why my last one was horrable. lol. How do you tick it then?

Use hot glue or super glue to stick the pep together. And if you can make a compatible 3d model, then you can chuck custom stuff into pepakura so it's good for more than just halo stuff.

Are you the same guy who used to visit the boards that worked for Rob Westerfield?

Yeah. But I've been really busy lately with school and guitar so I don't have much time to work there. Occasional I go on the weekends but haven't been there in about 2 months. So I just need to start making some of my own stuff here. (my house).

TwitchFMX8811 said:
well if you need multiplies then id do a pep suit and hard mold off that. Look at what MLC is doing and I think thats your best bet if you want to keep costs low.

what he said is perfect....

Yeah thats what I think I am going to do. Its just going to be hard becuase I'm not good at modeling on the pc. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back