South Uk Based Master Chief Clay Sculpt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, the helmets taken about 6 weeks to sculpt.

For oil based clay you dont need any release agent, ive never used one.

Moulding:

The fiberglass jacket:

mcdemould1.jpg

Fun! the angle grinder :D

mcdemould2.jpg

After this we had to get it out of the shell, O...M...G was that difficult. Seriously, unbelieveable! I cant believe you can put that much force on the fiberglass and it didnt break. My girlfriend was putting all her weight to stop it moving whilst I had both feet on the bust pulling with every ounce of strength I had. It took us half the night! :)

Anywho onwards...

mcdemould3.jpg

It looks like a pretty good mould! Last night I put the seam fiberglass layer on ready to pull when I get home from work later. Its had 2 gel coat, a 30 gsm tissue and a 300 gsm.

Fingers crossed. Its a difficult shape to fiberglass, well the baseball cap part is (our name for it) I hope theres minimal air bubbles.

Looks like it turned out beautifully!!!! This whole thing has been more than impressive. The smoothness of your sculpt is phenomenal!!! No transition molds, wow. Thats very well done!!

It's bloody beautiful! I love it. Excellent work!

OMFG, phenomenal! After all that work getting the mold off, what kind of shape is the sculpt in now? I imagine it's pretty wrecked. Is it too late to ask for a pic?

Wow, thanks for the replys guys! Im glad you all like it. As with all fiberglass it needs a small amount of tidying up, not a problem though. As with when we finished the legs no time to cherish the moment lol... right onto the torso!

Ok, we are going to have a week off. I think weve earnt it :)

No its not too late, the clay sculpt is still on our table. Ill take a photo, it survived pretty well actually.

Looking at the photos, again the colour and transparency of the fiberglass does wash out a lot of the details. Trust me its all there, I was giggling like a small child at Christmas when it came out of the mould :D

wow..just wow.. no real words to describe how cool that is! Im glad you guys had a sucessful pull!! I really enjoyed seeing the progress on this, excellent job! And yes, you deserve a little time off!! (But only a little!, I want to see more of your work haha)

Sevv said:
For oil based clay you dont need any release agent, ive never used one.

Thanx man, and the first pull looks awesome by the way! Great job, and keep up the great work! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey how much modroc, clay & casting stuff did you need to get started? I'm really interested in making a spartan in this way, I love working with clay ^^ Look forward to seeing you at october MCM Expo, I'll be going whether I make a costume or not.

Thank you everyone!

Back from our week off, it was nice :)

As for materials to get started, we just bought 6 large rolls of plaster bandages off ebay... 5 or 6 blocks of clay and got too it. Once youve started you will get a better idea of how much clay you'll need.

Amy spent a few hours this afternoon starting the chest, still lots to do. More pictures soon.

MCchest1.jpg

You sir, and your girlfriend have an extreme talent. The star gate that you two created was unreal. Absolutely awesome!!! I am honored to have viewed work like this. Good luck and I look forward to the end result! :D

Ah excellent, the forums back!

Still working... been really busy the last few weeks, longer days at work etc has ment less time to sculpt. However its definatly coming along.

mcchest10.jpg

mcchest11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back