Southern Cons 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtdives2424

Division Scheduler and Keeper of Con Lists
Member DIN
S2424
Southern Regiment Covering: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia

As the cons comity come to some decisions regarding holding their cons and dates, I will post as quickly as I can. I'm sorry to say some cons will not be returning at all this year....perhaps they will in 2022.....

APRIL:

Name: Metrotham Con
Date: April 30-May 2
Events: Multi Fandom Convention Gaming, Cosplaying, Pop Culture, Music, Art, Virtual Reality, Table Top, Coin Op, L.A.R.P. Etc...

MAY:

Name: PensaCon
Date: May 21-23
Events: Media Guests, Artists, Photo OPs, Autographs, Panels, Special Activities, Artists Alley, Vendors, Exhibitors, Film Festival, Cosplay and Cosplay Contests.

JUNE:

Name: ConCarolinas
Date: June 4-6
Events: ConCarolinas is a general multi-genre multi-media convention. We call ourselves a sci-fi convention but in truth we cover all speculative fiction – science fiction, fantasy and horror. We host a variety of fandom related events and guests, including gaming, discussion panels, costume events, music events like SciFi Karaoke, concerts, a charity auction, a short film festival, SCA events, groups celebrating fandoms like Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who and many more. We have a Dealer Room with vendors selling unique fandom related items. At ConCarolinas you will find something for everyone!

Name: Rob-Con
Date: June 4-5
Events: The 34th Annual RobCon is on its way! This year will see the convention return to the Meadowview Conference Resort in Kingsport, TN on June 29th and 30th!. RobCon is a regional tradition spanning 34 years, with a lifespan that has seen it grow from a single room with a few vendors to the huge Meadowview Conference Resort; always growing and evolving to the wants and needs of the long list of fans of both Mountain Empire Comics and all things Cosplay and nerdy! Mountain Empire Comics has been a staple of the comic and gaming communities in the Tri-Cities since 1984 and has helped countless people find fun and friendship through their stores in both Johnson City and Bristol.

Name: Magic City Con
Date: June 18-20
Events: Guests, Special Events, KidsCon, Cosplay and Cosplay Contests, Tabletop and Video Gaming, Dealers, Artists, Panels, Fan Tables, Con Videos, Media, Workshops.

Name: Augusta Toy & Comic Show
Date: June 25-27
Events: A comic book and toy convention with over a 100 tables in a spacious venue. Come out and enjoy the day playing games, shop and meet your favorite celebrities! Cosplay, Actors and Guests, Heavy G.I.Joe Memorabilia and Collectibles.

JULY:

Name: MechaCon
Date: July 23-25
Events: Artists Market, Dealers, Guests, Panels, Tabletop/Electronic/Video Gaming, Cosplay, Mechamaid Clubhouse, Screenings, Charity Auctions, Live Bands

Name: Tampa Bay Comic Con
Date: July 30-Aug 1
Events: Tampa Bay Comic Con is a comic book convention located in Tampa, Florida. Tampa Bay Comic Con is Tampa’s largest, true comic con. Featured are exhibitors that cater to a wide-spectrum of interests including comic books, magazines, toys, games, Star Wars, Star Trek, anime, manga, cosplay, artwork, sketches and apparel. In addition, a roster of comic industry professionals, and comicdom-related celebrities are in attendance for attendees to meet and greet.

AUGUST:

Name: Omni Fandom Expo
Date: Aug 6-8
Events: Guests, Shows, Masquerade, Cosplay, Lip Sync Contest, PJ Sleepover and Pillow Fort Building Contest, Video and Table Top Gaming, Exhibits.

Name: MegaCon
Date: Aug 12-15
Events: Comics, Sci-Fi, Horror, Anime, Gaming, Guests, Autographs, Photo OPs, Artists Alley, Kids Zone, Family Lounge, Panels, Q&A, Workshops, Seminars.

Name: Fanboy EXPO
Date: Aug 20-22
Events: Guests, Comics, Dealers, Photo OPs, Autographs, Vendors, Exhibitors, Cosplay and Cosplay Contests, Assorted Contests, Special Events.

SEPTEMBER:

Name: Lexington Comic and Toy Con
Date: Sept 9-12
Events: Guests, Autographs, Photo OPs, Exhibitors, Vendors, Gaming, Toys and Collectibles, Artists Alley, Anime, Sci-Fi, Horror.

Name: Florida SuperCon
Date: Sept 10-12
Events: We'll take you on an adventure through your favorite fandoms! Florida Supercon brings special celebrity and creative guests for fans of comics, superheroes, science fiction, anime, cartoons, video games, wrestling and more. Get ready for the most fun you'll have all year. Bring your friends or come with your family. Anyone at any age can find something to 'geek-out' about at Supercon! Dress up in Costume or come as you are to Florida Supercon

DECEMBER:

Name: MomoCon
Date: Dec 18-19
Events: With more than 31,000 unique and over 84,000 turnstile attendance in 2017, MomoCon is one of the fastest growing all ages conventions in the country. Fans of Japanese Anime, American Animation, Comics, Video Games, and Tabletop Games come together to celebrate their passion by costuming / cosplay, browsing the huge exhibitors hall, meeting celebrity voice talent, designers, and writers behind their favorite shows, games, and comics and much much more.

CONS THAT HAVE POSTPONED TILL 2022:

Name: Kami-Con
Date: Spring 2022
Events: AMV Contests, Cosplay and Cosplay Contest, Dodgeball, Kami-Con Rave, Kazha Concert, Vocaliod Concert, Con Show Game, Special Guests, Photo OPs, Autographs, Anime Screenings, Arcade, Artists Alley, Dealers, Gaming Rooms, Kami Shop, Pokecenter and much much more......

Name: Star City Anime
Date: TBA 2022
Events: Panels, Dances, Formal Dance, Anime Screenings, Video Gaming, Autographs, Blood Drive, Guests, Cosplay, Cosplay Contest, Dealers, Artists.

Name: ConVoluted Con Cruise
Date: Feb 14-19 2022
Events: Cabin for 7 Days and Night, All Taxes and Port Fees, On Board Meals in the ships many restaurants, Fabulous entertainment and daily activities, $50 on board credit (per cabin) (if you were on the 2019 cruise), ConVoluted CON Cruise Tee Shirt, Costume Contest, Carla Nails Memorial Pirate Pub Crawl, Each cabin will receive a bottle of Champagne and Chocolates, And many more cosplay/geek themed activities and events to be announced

Name: Con Nooga
Date: Feb 18-20 2022
Events: Anime, Comics, Authors, Live Music, Sci-Fi, Horror, Cosplay and Cosplay Contests, Fantasy, Media, Gaming, Assorted Contests, Panels, Star Wars vs Star Trek Debate, LARP Tournament, Charity Poker, Room Parties, Big Wheel Racing- Kids and Adults, Photo OPs.

Name: AnniCon
Date: TBA
Events: Gaming, Anime and Manga, Asian Culture Activities, Special Guests, Music, Art and Artists Alley, Cosplay and Cosplay Contest, Vendors.

Name: My-Con
Date: Sometime in March 2022
Events: MY-CON is a combination of a comic convention and anime convention, hosting a cosplay contest, local artists and exhibitors. Our show is the one day that will bring all of your geek needs to you without all the craziness or cost associated with other comic conventions.

Name: Hero Hype Convention
Events: Vendors, Exhibitors, Comics, Anime, Cosplay and Cosplay Contests, Gaming Tournaments, Panels, Laser Tag

Name: Collective Con
Date: March 18-20
Events: North Florida's Premier Anime, Comic Book, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, & Pop Culture Event returns for a 4th huge year! Collective Con will be returning to the Morocco Shrine Center in Jacksonville, FL. Children 10 and under are Free! Don't miss out on this weekend of fun with Celebrity Guests, Voice Actors from some of your Favorite Anime/Video Game, Vendors, Fan Panels, Video Game Tournaments, Cosplay Contests, After Parties and more.

Name: MidSouth Con 37
Events: Guests, Panels, Art Shows, Masquerade, Cosplay, Gaming, Dealers, Signing, Rocky Horror Picture Show Viewing, Kaffeeklatsches (Traditional Breakfast), Guest Banquet, Charity Auction, Midnight Dance Party

Name: SC Comicon
Date: April 9-10 2022
Events: Hosted by Borderlands Comics and Games, SC Comicon is the Upstate’s premier comics and pop-culture convention.
This family-friendly event in Greenville, SC has something for fans of all ages—from the top creators in comics and celebrity guests, to games, toys and collectibles, and cosplayers…plus plenty of events and contests for the kids.

Name: Heroes Convention
Date: Sometime in June 2022
Events: Artists Alley, Exhibitors, Guests, Photo OPs, Autographs, Cosplay and Cosplay Contest, Special Activities.

Name: Collective Con
Date: March 18-20 2022
Events: North Florida's Premier Anime, Comic Book, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, & Pop Culture Event returns for a 4th huge year! Collective Con will be returning to the Morocco Shrine Center in Jacksonville, FL. Children 10 and under are Free! Don't miss out on this weekend of fun with Celebrity Guests, Voice Actors from some of your Favorite Anime/Video Game, Vendors, Fan Panels, Video Game Tournaments, Cosplay Contests, After Parties and more.

Name: MomoCon
Date: May 21-24
Events: With more than 31,000 unique and over 84,000 turnstile attendance in 2017, MomoCon is one of the fastest growing all ages conventions in the country. Fans of Japanese Anime, American Animation, Comics, Video Games, and Tabletop Games come together to celebrate their passion by costuming / cosplay, browsing the huge exhibitors hall, meeting celebrity voice talent, designers, and writers behind their favorite shows, games, and comics and much much more over this 4 day event.

CONS WITH NO ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AT THIS TIME:

Name: Dyersburg Comic & Pop Culture Con
Date:
Events: Dyersburg Comic and Pop Culture Con is dedicated to promoting the excitement and appreciation of comic art. Through the artists, writers, and creators of the comic industry, graphic novels, gaming and other forms of comic and fantasy entertainment.
Dyersburg Comic and Pop Culture Con will also bring to life the world of pop culture through cosplay contests, actors, TV stars, celebrities, Professional Wrestlers/personalities and other stars from a wide variety of background

Date:
Events: Vendors, Exhibitors, Comics, Anime, Cosplay and Cosplay Contests, Gaming Tournaments, Panels, Laser Tag

Name: Tidewater Comicon
Date:
Events: Guests, Autographs, Photo OPs, Exhibitors, Panels, Cosplay and Cosplay Contest.

Name: NuCon
Date:
Events: NuCon is a pop culture convention. There will be vendors, lecturers, panels, a costume contest and a plethora of other things to do. Vendors will include sci-fi, fantasy, cosplay, anime, steampunk and zombies (and so much more). Speakers and panels will cover costuming, film making, 3D computer art, leather work and zombie topics as well as many others

Name: MidSouth Con 37
Events: Guests, Panels, Art Shows, Masquerade, Cosplay, Gaming, Dealers, Signing, Rocky Horror Picture Show Viewing, Kaffeeklatsches (Traditional Breakfast), Guest Banquet, Charity Auction, Midnight Dance Party

Name: Dyersburg Comic & Pop Culture Con
Events: Dyersburg Comic and Pop Culture Con is dedicated to promoting the excitement and appreciation of comic art. Through the artists, writers, and creators of the comic industry, graphic novels, gaming and other forms of comic and fantasy entertainment.
Dyersburg Comic and Pop Culture Con will also bring to life the world of pop culture through cosplay contests, actors, TV stars, celebrities, Professional Wrestlers/personalities and other stars from a wide variety of background

Name: Tidewater Comicon
Events: Guests, Autographs, Photo OPs, Exhibitors, Panels, Cosplay and Cosplay Contest.

Name: ConCarolinas
Date:
Events: ConCarolinas is a general multi-genre multi-media convention. We call ourselves a sci-fi convention but in truth we cover all speculative fiction – science fiction, fantasy and horror. We host a variety of fandom related events and guests, including gaming, discussion panels, costume events, music events like SciFi Karaoke, concerts, a charity auction, a short film festival, SCA events, groups celebrating fandoms like Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who and many more. We have a Dealer Room with vendors selling unique fandom related items. At ConCarolinas you will find something for everyone!

Last edited:
Guys, I'm sorry for the delay in posting......RL work has me bogged down. Thank god that my work is keeping me so busy right now with everything going on......it keeps me from finishing the lists........Work before pleasure......

Mechacon omega....? Perhaps I made a mistake.....I blame it on Covid or heavy drinking.....either works for me. Which link are you talking about. I don’t see a Mechacon.

Well, I have the link now.......I'll have it posted shortly.

1gcrq6.jpg

Gonna add on another con in orlando called Holiday Matsuri.

Christmas themed con. Ive attended as chief with christmas lights if that helps anyone with ideas

Not yet, but I’m working on it. I’ll have it posted before the end of this week. Been supper busy with RL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back