Spartan Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefian

alrighty, I've made my suit, (it came out kinda crappy, but so what) but i still want more. i want to design a suit that would have everything a true spartan would have, or need. this topic may sound crazy, but i just want to jot down any kind of equipment that might be cool to have in a suit, like the red vs blue freelancers. anyone have any ideas? here's some i thought on my own:

strength enhancement
motion sensors
invisibility
overshield
healing unit

also, the weapons I'm trying to make are all designed for paintball, and so would the suit.... but it would be totally badass to have an invisible paintball suit, right? ;)

oh, and, is it just me, or does MC's head seem kind of small in proportion to his body? maybe it would look better if our suits were made like that...

oh! and, if you can, try to say how you think the enhancement would work. i have some ideas, so if anyone asks, I'll gladly share them.

well i dont no how you can get active camo involved with it, motion sensors i kinda have an idea how you could, it be a lil cheap but hey you still tech. got it lol

just get one of those motion sensor spy kits for kids in a toy store, deploy them around the field and put the reciever in your suit ^^ vuala motion sensor :D
strength enhancement...eh just work out or spend alot of time and $$ with pully systems and weights and how they work, see the US army powersuit overshield look at electromagnetics etc.

im looking at putting in a nightvision system into my CQB helmet just cause i can itl run me another 50$s after its complete i think but hey, ill be one of the few if only who has it :p

for paintball though ive herd alot of its not recomended because your armour will shred from running, jumping, etc. and watch the faceshield, motorcycle visors do have a limit

camo requires gold wires around 350 nanometers thick surrounding the suit. then charging it would make the suit bend the light around it, like wind around a.... aerodynamic thing. it would make it look like a shimmer in the wind, not completely invisible, though.

strength enhancement? we've ("we" as in USA engineers) found a polymer which bends when charged. used correctly, and you have an artificial muscle.

nightvision sounds good, though. and i wasn't really going to use just a biker visor as the helm visor. if you look at the curvature of the MJOLNIR Mk VI, it's curved like a sphere extremely. for a perfectionist, biker visor just doesn't cut it, but i haven't found a replacement yet.

leegrisham said:
This is a strange and confusing thread. However, welcome to the community and good luck with your suit

additional side note: maybe the energy sword blade doesn't have to be made solid..... go air-mattress mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
chiefian said:

additional side note: maybe the energy sword blade doesn't have to be made solid..... go air-mattress mode.
jasman lazer toys it looks ugly

chiefian said:
alrighty, I've made my suit, (it came out kinda crappy, but so what) but i still want more. i want to design a suit that would have everything a true spartan would have, or need. this topic may sound crazy, but i just want to jot down any kind of equipment that might be cool to have in a suit, like the red vs blue freelancers. anyone have any ideas? here's some i thought on my own:

strength enhancement
motion sensors
invisibility
overshield
healing unit

also, the weapons I'm trying to make are all designed for paintball, and so would the suit.... but it would be totally badass to have an invisible paintball suit, right? ;)

oh, and, is it just me, or does MC's head seem kind of small in proportion to his body? maybe it would look better if our suits were made like that...

oh! and, if you can, try to say how you think the enhancement would work. i have some ideas, so if anyone asks, I'll gladly share them.

Are you seriously going to put all this stuff in your armour, as in like REAL healing units and overshields?
If you are, then wow, that would be really awesome. Id really wanna see how youd do the Active Camos and overshields...

And wouldnt all this make your suit heavier?

Helljumpah said:
Are you seriously going to put all this stuff in your armour, as in like REAL healing units and overshields?
If you are, then wow, that would be really awesome. Id really wanna see how youd do the Active Camos and overshields...

And wouldnt all this make your suit heavier?

He said he would like to put strength enhancement into it, that should cover it being heavier. It would allow him to carry all that and not notice it too much.

chiefian said:

strength enhancement
motion sensors
invisibility
overshield
healing unit

Something you could use (don't know if it would work) is the visor from a fighter pilot's helment. You could hook up the targeting system to some sort of small power sorce that you could hook onto your back. That would be really cool to use in paintball.

NOW we're cookin' with gas! sure it'd be great to put this in a real suit, but i still have to research a lot. i've checked the active camo, and it's about 80% possible. i would personaly like to run tests, but that would be difficult in itself.
as for strength, that's out there. it's ready for use. cost and finding a vendor is the only problem. healing units, thanks to stem cell research, is about 80% complete. overshield, i have a theory for it, which would require camo to work in a more complicated state. the jet visor sounds great, and the military has mini projectors (which might be comming out in nex-gen cellphones) which can be used as a heads up display.

yes, the suit would be heavier, but let's take into account that MC weighs 1k pounds, half a ton, in his armor.

i dont know about you guys, but im so excited, i can barely hold back pissing my pants.

oh! and, cerebral and cranial implants are real, too. so mind control (for the suit) is also possible, rather than the current (according to popular science) button mashing/touch sensors movement.

and for the rest of you red vs blue lovers, Wyoming's temporal distortion unit would be possible only to slow down time (in the sense of speeding your own reflexes to the point of "Clock Stoppers"), not to reverse it, unless the future says otherwise, and South's shield is the same.

all it needs is a battery..... i'm testing that out too.

Oh god. Where to start.

1. Strength enhancement - Well, you seem to have the right idea with the bending polymers, now you just have to find a way to tell your suit to send a charge through it when you want it to. That alone would probably cost loads.

2. Motion sensors - I'd go with what the other guy said, having a kid's "spy" thing, except mount the sensor somewhere on your suit.

3. Invisibility - Is not feasible at this time. Sorry. Scientists have yet to invent a metamaterial that can bend all wavelengths of visible light, and a system using cameras and screens would cost way too much and wouldn't hold up under any kind of combat condition.

4. Overshield - Definitely not feasible. I've spent many nights awake wondering how to make an energy shield... they were all way too expensive or wouldn't work.

5. Healing unit - If you seriously need one of these in a suit you're using for paintball, then that's some crazy-ass paintball you're playing.

Also, some of my own ideas and questions.

6. Visor - Instead of a see-through polycarbonate (or whatever you use) visor, just make it molded with the rest of the helmet, install a screen on the inside of it, and mount a tiny camera on one of the holes on the side of the helmet where the LEDs usually go. That way, you can put in a HUD also with your ah, "shield" level, plus the motion sensor.

7. Power - Even if you manage to get all this stuff... how're you going to power it? Fusion power on the scale of the reactors in the actual Halo canon (Backpack sized reactors) is about as far off than energy shields. Batteries would run out damned quick, and solar panels would only be able to be mounted on limited parts of the armor (unless you plan to wire up your whole undersuit or use a seperate battery pack for each invidvidual piece of armor you need it in) and would probably ruin the look of it, not to mention they would shatter under paintball conditions. Beaming power with microwaves like they did at Reach wouldn't work either, that technology is in its infancy (just like invisibility/light-bending metamaterials). A gas-powered or diesel-powered generator would be heavy, hot as hell, and probably too big to fit anywhere on your suit, not to mention the carbon monoxide fumes it would emit.

We can always dream. :-D

chiefian said:
NOW we're cookin' with gas! sure it'd be great to put this in a real suit, but i still have to research a lot. i've checked the active camo, and it's about 80% possible. i would personaly like to run tests, but that would be difficult in itself.
as for strength, that's out there. it's ready for use. cost and finding a vendor is the only problem. healing units, thanks to stem cell research, is about 80% complete. overshield, i have a theory for it, which would require camo to work in a more complicated state. the jet visor sounds great, and the military has mini projectors (which might be comming out in nex-gen cellphones) which can be used as a heads up display.

yes, the suit would be heavier, but let's take into account that MC weighs 1k pounds, half a ton, in his armor.

i dont know about you guys, but im so excited, i can barely hold back pissing my pants.

oh! and, cerebral and cranial implants are real, too. so mind control (for the suit) is also possible, rather than the current (according to popular science) button mashing/touch sensors movement.

and for the rest of you red vs blue lovers, Wyoming's temporal distortion unit would be possible only to slow down time (in the sense of speeding your own reflexes to the point of "Clock Stoppers"), not to reverse it, unless the future says otherwise, and South's shield is the same.

all it needs is a battery..... i'm testing that out too.

Man i am loving your ideas! I would love to help with anything i can. Keep me posted, this suit will sweet if everything works out right! You might be able to use one of those heads-up-displays, like they use in Ghost Recon. The military are still testing them, but there are soldiers using them already. There is a popular science magazine that has a suit that the military is testing that is very similar to Master Chief's. It increases your strength, lets you jump higher, run faster, has basicly ever cure, and is almost bullet proof. The military is intending on it being completed by 2020.

Bloodl3tt3r said:
Oh god. Where to start.

1. Strength enhancement - Well, you seem to have the right idea with the bending polymers, now you just have to find a way to tell your suit to send a charge through it when you want it to. That alone would probably cost loads.

2. Motion sensors - I'd go with what the other guy said, having a kid's "spy" thing, except mount the sensor somewhere on your suit.

3. Invisibility - Is not feasible at this time. Sorry. Scientists have yet to invent a metamaterial that can bend all wavelengths of visible light, and a system using cameras and screens would cost way too much and wouldn't hold up under any kind of combat condition.

4. Overshield - Definitely not feasible. I've spent many nights awake wondering how to make an energy shield... they were all way too expensive or wouldn't work.

5. Healing unit - If you seriously need one of these in a suit you're using for paintball, then that's some crazy-ass paintball you're playing.

Also, some of my own ideas and questions.

6. Visor - Instead of a see-through polycarbonate (or whatever you use) visor, just make it molded with the rest of the helmet, install a screen on the inside of it, and mount a tiny camera on one of the holes on the side of the helmet where the LEDs usually go. That way, you can put in a HUD also with your ah, "shield" level, plus the motion sensor.

7. Power - Even if you manage to get all this stuff... how're you going to power it? Fusion power on the scale of the reactors in the actual Halo canon (Backpack sized reactors) is about as far off than energy shields. Batteries would run out damned quick, and solar panels would only be able to be mounted on limited parts of the armor (unless you plan to wire up your whole undersuit or use a seperate battery pack for each invidvidual piece of armor you need it in) and would probably ruin the look of it, not to mention they would shatter under paintball conditions. Beaming power with microwaves like they did at Reach wouldn't work either, that technology is in its infancy (just like invisibility/light-bending metamaterials). A gas-powered or diesel-powered generator would be heavy, hot as hell, and probably too big to fit anywhere on your suit, not to mention the carbon monoxide fumes it would emit.
We can always dream. :-D

Well for power, you could use a car battery, no too heavy. And, it could power the HUD and camera.

Sgt.O'Brian said:
Well for power, you could use a car battery, no too heavy. And, it could power the HUD and camera.

Still leaves the matter of size though. If you can somehow take a car battery the size of your head and stuff it into your armor without anyone noticing it's there, I will personally kiss the ground upon which you walk, then kill you and take your armor :p

But no seriously, weight isn't the only problem here. You saw Iron man, right? Stark's little electromagnet thing was powered by a car battery at first, he carried it around like a freaking suitcase. Gotta find something smaller, maybe one of those higher capacity Li-ion batteries...

Sgt.O'Brian said:
There is a popular science magazine that has a suit that the military is testing that is very similar to Master Chief's

Funny enough, the magazine's called "Popular Science". But that one only has the strength enhancement, motion sensors, possible healing, HUD. Nothing beyond that.

over sheild would work like so:

there's a scientific theory that all matter has it's own wave function as in quantum mechanics. write that down

the invisibility would work with metamaterials, as bloodl3tt3r said, that are wrapped in coils around the object. the coils, however, must be smaller than the wavelength of the light you are trying to avoid. write that down

with these two, you can see that in order to make an oversheild, you would need to simply (*cough*) make coils smaller than the wavelengths of solid matter. like bullets. use that equation (involving wavelength, frequency, and velocity, and mass, or something) to figure out the math. hooray.

as for a battery pack, i have recently thought of my own design, which would recycle inefficiancies. yes, with step-chargers and solar panels, but in other ways that, no, i don't want to speak about without a few more reviewing and testing sessions.

oh, and this doesn't have to be used for paintball, it could be used for more personal reasons too, or military, or the good of humanity.

chiefian said:
over sheild would work like so:

there's a scientific theory that all matter has it's own wave function as in quantum mechanics. write that down

(Comment by me: Yes, I've heard of that. High school Physics FTW!)

the invisibility would work with metamaterials, as bloodl3tt3r said, that are wrapped in coils around the object. the coils, however, must be smaller than the wavelength of the light you are trying to avoid. write that down

with these two, you can see that in order to make an oversheild, you would need to simply (*cough*) make coils smaller than the wavelengths of solid matter. like bullets. use that equation (involving wavelength, frequency, and velocity, and mass, or something) to figure out the math. hooray.

as for a battery pack, i have recently thought of my own design, which would recycle inefficiancies. yes, with step-chargers and solar panels, but in other ways that, no, i don't want to speak about without a few more reviewing and testing sessions.

oh, and this doesn't have to be used for paintball, it could be used for more personal reasons too, or military, or the good of humanity.

"with these two, you can see that in order to make an oversheild, you would need to simply (*cough*) make coils smaller than the wavelengths of solid matter. like bullets. use that equation (involving wavelength, frequency, and velocity, and mass, or something) to figure out the math. hooray."

Yeah, but solid matter isn't light. Metamaterials only bend electromagnetic waves, they can't influence the path of solid objects without being destroyed. The theory is just a theory.

Wikipedia article on Metamaterials

Bloodl3tt3r said:
"with these two, you can see that in order to make an oversheild, you would need to simply (*cough*) make coils smaller than the wavelengths of solid matter. like bullets. use that equation (involving wavelength, frequency, and velocity, and mass, or something) to figure out the math. hooray."

Yeah, but solid matter isn't light. Metamaterials only bend electromagnetic waves, they can't influence the path of solid objects without being destroyed. The theory is just a theory.

Wikipedia article on Metamaterials

oh sheets. you're right. i forgot about that..... oh well. maybe in another 30 years. or 300.

never give up! raaah!

wait, neither are photons... they combine with the plasmons to form... plasmides or something which decay after traveling around the metalic surface of which they derived from into photons again.
.... so what's a photon made of?

mashed potatoes (inside joke)

you do know if you camo up your suit really, really good and sit in a bush, you can use that instead of active camo, its really cheap... lol
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back