Spartan EVA variation Helmet Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepakura is still a decent option if you have the patience and a space to work with resin in. Other than that, foam is another option, but I haven't made any foam helmets. If you have the tools, steel/aluminium are an option too of course.

Okay, that sounds good. Does anybody know anything about how he might go about the visor?
Cause the spartan EVA variant visor is really strange comparatively, so if anyone has ideas, I would be thankful!
Love you all!

Okay, that sounds good. Does anybody know anything about how he might go about the visor?
Cause the spartan EVA variant visor is really strange comparatively, so if anyone has ideas, I would be thankful!
Love you all!
Unfortunately, because of the complex shape of this visor, if you want it to be able to see out of it, and have it be seamless, it's goingto have to be vacuum formed. Making a vacuum forming machine isnt too difficult, but may not be worth the time and money if you are only going to use it once or twice. Alternatively, your best bet is trying to find a local makerspace that has one, or reaching out to purchase an already done visor. Finding one that will perfectly fit you helmet and not the one it was originally designed for may be a challenge

Unfortunately, because of the complex shape of this visor, if you want it to be able to see out of it, and have it be seamless, it's goingto have to be vacuum formed. Making a vacuum forming machine isnt too difficult, but may not be worth the time and money if you are only going to use it once or twice. Alternatively, your best bet is trying to find a local makerspace that has one, or reaching out to purchase an already done visor. Finding one that will perfectly fit you helmet and not the one it was originally designed for may be a challenge
Thanks for all that. I will consider it all, and now I'm gonna look into making a vacuum forming machine. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back