Spartan.of.death Armor Progress(paint Scheme Added)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC JMAC

well i started doing the whole armor building a little bit after thanksgiving and have gotten quite a few pieces made. I have a bet with one of my fiends at work, he thinks i wont get it all done before halloween of 09. who knows im very dedicated on getting this done as fast as possible but at the same time making sure its done right without no f*** ups.

well here is some of the pics i took of the finished pepped pieces

dont mind the hairy naked leg....thats mine lol
Snapshot_20090107.jpg

i have to resize the bicep i made it too big
Snapshot_20090106.jpg

have to redo the nose area its a little crooked, probally just cut it off and re-glue the new one on
Snapshot_20090103_6.jpg

Snapshot_20090103.jpg

Snapshot_20090103_2.jpg

well im open to all compliments and criticism, anything to help me get better at making this armor.
the only thing im hung up on is if i should do the original MC armor color or to do my own custom paint job. any thoughts?

Looks pretty good. I see you found trial and error. Arnold may be able to use the bicep...lol

Ithica

Ithica said:
Looks pretty good. I see you found trial and error. Arnold may be able to use the bicep...lol

Ithica

lmao yeah....ill see if he wants to get armorized by the 405th's members. yeah thats the only part that i have to resize all the other ones ive done are perfect size.

Last edited by a moderator:
The armor looks really good so far. My only suggestion would be to resin, fiberglass, and paint the misshaped bicep to gain some experience in that area before starting work on the pieces you'll actually be wearing.

Yttrium said:
The armor looks really good so far. My only suggestion would be to resin, fiberglass, and paint the misshaped bicep to gain some experience in that area before starting work on the pieces you'll actually be wearing.
personally i wouldnt do that, practice on small pieces like hand plates, not larger pieces that will require more costly fiberglass and bondo.

good work so far!

From my estimates, when I recently fiber glassed my shoulder piece I probably used around 6 ounces of resin and maybe two square feet of fiberglass mat. Figuring around 30 cents an ounce for resin and 80 cents a square foot for fiberglass, the total cost of was around $3.50.

I certainly recognize that some people have more time than money, and others have more money than time. At least from my perspective, the experienced gained would be well worth the $3.50...plus, since the bicep piece is scrap anyways, it will reduce the likelihood of having to remake the hand plate.

Air_Force_Spartans said:
looking good, have you thought about the slush cast method. where you just use casting resin to harden the suit up.
im up to try any method the more durability the better. if you have a link to a tutorial or a link to a video that would be awsome man

Looking good so far! Everything looks clean and the folds look good.

On the resin and fiberglassing, I'd go with the suggestions pOrtalman said. This way, you can get in some practice. If you mess up, handplates can be easily replaced, and you didn't use a lot of fiberglass, bondo, etc.

Great Job, keep it up!

I messed up my 1st shoulder piece also, but mine was too small... silly me forgot to incorporate how 'tall' I wanted the armor to be and only measured the size of my bicep...

I would also suggest using the scrap shoulder piece as practice for resin also... If you need to keep your costs down maybe consider the handplates for practice. You already have the time invested in the shoulder piece may as well make it pay off in the long run. It has a lot of curves that could easily warp on you if you're not careful, thus it will be a bit more of a learning experience.

The armor is coming along nicely, looking forward to seeing it completed

well here is my paint schemes ive decided on doing all i need some input from you guys which one you guys like

click on any of the pictures to see a bigger version

th_H3paintSceme1.jpgth_H3paintSceme2.jpgth_H3paintSceme3.jpg

every thing looks good, also nice Stewie PJs =P, but I like your armor overall it gets 5/5 smiley faces :):):):):) I like the black and red color scheme

thanks guys thats what all my friends said to go with too i just wanted some outside input too. well i got all the left side pepped and the cod piece (i like to call it the crotch shield) done all i got left is the right side and chest and ill be done then i can start the resining all the pieces and go from there.

@the fett man: you gotta love the stewie pj's, he's the shiznit

the black and red is defenitely the best!!

could you tell me how you determined which parts should be the primary colour, which the secondary and which the detail colour?

the character generator i found only shows the head and shoulders...

MadManInABox said:
the black and red is defenitely the best!!

could you tell me how you determined which parts should be the primary colour, which the secondary and which the detail colour?

the character generator i found only shows the head and shoulders...

for determining which color would be which i just greyscaled the pic of master chief that i found off of bungie and just photoshoped the colors in, i put the colors on where i thought would look decent and if i thought it didnt look right i just erased and did it with something else.

Spartan.of.Death said:
well here is my paint schemes ive decided on doing all i need some input from you guys which one you guys like

click on any of the pictures to see a bigger version

th_H3paintSceme1.jpgth_H3paintSceme2.jpgth_H3paintSceme3.jpg

That is a really cool idea, and i have to agree with what everyone else said about the black and red, but i think the green and brown comes close to a camouflage look.

my only question is how you intend to accomplish the visor coloring like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back