Spase - Odst Helmet Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Primed...

Cell phone photo... (its quicker when I am on the go)
2961664362_3c192fd8cc.jpg

Excellent work Spase. It seems like everyone and their dog is hopping on the ODST band wagon as of late.

I do have a question, what are your plans for the visor? Will you make a custom one like Rube did for his ODST.

Razgriz said:
Excellent work Spase. It seems like everyone and their dog is hopping on the ODST band wagon as of late.

I do have a question, what are your planes for the visor? Will you make a custom one like Rube did for his ODST.

Darn, you beat me to the question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Razgriz said:
what are your plans for the visor? Will you make a custom one like Rube did for his ODST.

The shape is not so complex that it can not be approximated by conventional means using off the shelf items. Game accurate would be Dark Blue refelctive visors, and I can not get that from a vac formed visor. So, for now, No.

Lookin' Great! What scale did you use - is it comparable to your MkVI or maybe just a bit bigger? (Pleeeease say bigger...just a little bit... :))

Its as big as my Legendary Armor Helmet, yes its a bit larger than My MK VI to accommodate those big head folks.... About on par size wise with Docs MK VI...

Photo shopped in the paint scheme over my helmet, thought I'd share what it may look like... greys on blacks... per H3

Concept Paint Scheme.

2961537131_19b2569a15.jpg

Pattern and reference

2958723550_3d871f4025.jpg

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
Very nice. Now, to figure out how to do the blue visor.

I wont go into detail as I am partially speculating at this point, but lets just say blue visors are easy to come by, and I know how to cut them.

HaloFreakX said:
Why isn't this on the Elite Showcase yet? :)

I'm not finished with the project.... maybe once I have a built and completed helmet.

What clay are you using? It looks like Apoxie Sculpt.

Looking great as usual Spase and a SS pelican is on my list of to do ^^

You could make a dual layer visor for it so that you add one visor. You add another one and cut the shape off the bottom part of the visor...

-FSS

<a href="http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14781" target="_blank">ODST WIP (updated 10/24/08) See First Post
2969802621_1d5c8389a8_t.jpg
2961537131_19b2569a15_t.jpg
2949689536_2780b56199_t.jpg
</a>

It's so beautiful....

Yes, there are some rough spots, but I assume you see those and they will be taken care of shortly.

Then the beauty will burn my eyes out.

Hot damn Spase that helmet looks awsome.

You are truly a master at making helmets and armor outta clay.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Amazing mate. Keep up the work and you will have yet another helmet to add to your growing armory.

- Adulese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back