SPI questions/Project spartan III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew that. No, I dont think SPI was done before...Maybe Dark has started but I doubt it...

I was the one who asked for tips on molds, so sry for jacking your post :$ops: ...

Keep up the good work bro! :mrgreen: !

TheBlue said:
I knew that. No, I dont think SPI was done before...Maybe Dark has started but I doubt it...

You of little faith....

It has not been done on a plastic basis I believe I have seen a cardboard look alike SPI, but it was probably something else...
;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
darkesword2020 said:
TheBlue said:

You of little faith....

It has not been done on a plastic basis I believe I have seen a cardboard look alike SPI, but it was probably something else...
;-)

Oh, I got faith...But you said yourself that your SPI project was some ways off ;-)

104- I will help you with the visor if you need it, because I have an idea for visors like SPI and EVA.

Youve got mail ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
vac form would be the easiest but that would require alot of work. Not to metion cash.

Open to discusion: Do you think it would be a good idea to find someone who vacforms and send a model to them to make or should i do it myself?

STOP! hammer time... :christa:

Yes, you could always have the Adam and Jamie over at Myth Busters do it for you, then you could give them SPI armor as payment XD

Depends, will you use it enough?

VacTable.jpg

TableRear.JPG

These are to help you get started. Not much but.........yeah! :lindsey:

I've built and used a vacuform setup and am currently working on a version 2 of mine. That said, they aren't too expensive; I built my first one for under a hundred dollers, but I had most of the stuff already. The trick is that you need a good vacuum to get details into the plastic, the more suction the better the detail.

Here's a really good tutorial that I used in making my first one, the one I'm currently working on is my own design.
http://www.tk560.com/vactable4.html

Okay, its decided, im gonna make a vacform table. Sorry for the double. im gonna update the progress soon. Working on a mold box.

UPDATES:

Well as far as the Model this is pretty much what it looks like.
DSCN3028.jpg

DSCN3029.jpg

DSCN3031.jpg

DSCN3030.jpg

DSCN3039.jpg

Heres an early knee pad.
DSCN3037.jpg

DSCN3035.jpg

Now i resculpted it a little and made a box for the mold. I still need to caulk it but its pretty tight.
DSCN3064.jpg

DSCN3071.jpg

DSCN3067.jpg

DSCN3072.jpg

funny pic helps keep me goin
run_grunty_run_144.png

Wow! Great work...

Keep it up! I'm going to follow the same method and make some armor.

Lookin forward to the whole suit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back