Spray painting ODST Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir HappyBear I

Hello there!
i have a question for you guys, have any of you spraypainted your visors with a tint spray? my ODST visor a bit too clear for my liking and i'm looking for a good tint spray to spray paint it but i have no clue what sprays i can use. I live in Belgium so preferrably something i can find in the EU please.
Thanks in advance!

Hello there!
i have a question for you guys, have any of you spraypainted your visors with a tint spray? my ODST visor a bit too clear for my liking and i'm looking for a good tint spray to spray paint it but i have no clue what sprays i can use. I live in Belgium so preferrably something i can find in the EU please.
Thanks in advance!
I am assuming you visor is already dyed and colored. You just want to chrome it. There are quite a few ways to do this, but I have heard that a preffered method is using alclad ii. It is an airbrush color that given a few coats, will chrome your visor fairly well. Just be careful not to overdo it and limit your vision

I am assuming you visor is already dyed and colored. You just want to chrome it. There are quite a few ways to do this, but I have heard that a preffered method is using alclad ii. It is an airbrush color that given a few coats, will chrome your visor fairly well. Just be careful not to overdo it and limit your vision
I bought my helmet from Xcoser so the visor already is darkened but very lighty and i don't have an airbrush so i'm going for a black visor

How is the visor attached inside the Xcoser helmet? If you can easily remove the visor you can put in a dye bath with a dye designed for synthetic materials, like Dash just suggested.

How is the visor attached inside the Xcoser helmet? If you can easily remove the visor you can put in a dye bath with a dye designed for synthetic materials, like Dash just suggested.
It's attatched with hot glue i can easily get it out. i already saw som videos on how to dye visors but the plastic my visor is mad out of seems kind of flimsy, won't it melt?

Placing a clear visor in a dye bath is a common practice, so it should hold up okay as it looks like the visor was strong enough to be formed into that shape and hokd it.

If you keep the dye bath under boiling, around 120 or 130 degrees Fahrenheit or 48 or 49 celsisus, you visor should be okay.

TurboCharizard may have some input too. I think what's been suggested is i-dye but i'm not an expert at this either.
Yep. iDye Poly is a synthetic fabric dye and anything similar should do the trick. Spray painting like originally planned is possible since you can get transparent sprays for polycarbonate and other plastics from Tamiya (made for RC car bodies) but you have to be very careful to have even coats and follow the cure times so that you don't create different thicknesses and reduce visibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back