Starcraft 2 Terran Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea about the scaling part? im 5'6 but im a big man... (ok, im fat, not too fat lol) i was thinking (for the body part) using a strap thingy... my problem is the tigh part... so if you can suggest anything how can i scale that part, thx, (dont suggest that i have to diet, im doing it right now lol)

ill post the remaining parts of the unfold this week, sorry for the long time without post its my college exam coming wednessday
Thanks chenmbar for the model breakdowns!! im willing to work on them and build it as soon as i can
anyone have some pep model done already?? I started a shoulder already and Im courious to see how it will turn out, expecially the chest piece

I did the shoulder piece looks pretty good but I dont understand how to put the handle in the shoulderpad do I have to make holes or something?

I did the shoulder piece looks pretty good but I dont understand how to put the handle in the shoulderpad do I have to make holes or something?

Pictures of my work not the best around but im happy with it ( my height is 5'9 for comparison )

http://img691.imageshack.us/i/img3756r.jpg/
http://img62.imageshack.us/i/img3753si.jpg/
http://img30.imageshack.us/i/img3752py.jpg/
http://img826.imageshack.us/i/img3751.jpg/

Sorry for posting links instead of pics couldn't get it to work

Looks very nice!;:cool I realy dont know how to put the detail, i think we will have to glue it to the big shoulder
Tomorrow ill be finishing the last pieces to post here

Very nice work might I suggest doing the other shoulder the same way so they are equal, then for the rest of the armor parts change the fold threshold from 175 to 165 to make the parts smoother before printing the parts out.

May I ask you how I can edit the threshold?

In pepakura designer with a file open, go to settings, then other settings; you should now be looking at the Line Style tab. There will be a box with check next to it that says "Hide almost flat folding lines" and leave it checked; change the threshold underneath from 175 to 165(tried it and it makes a huge difference among various different files).

can i ask something? about the hand/glove part.... as i saw on the SC2 trailer (where tychus findlay wears the terran suit) the hand part was extended... extended like 2-3 inches i think... so if i make the prop(hand part) will it be like the ones in the trailer or the distance of the shoulder to arm will scale down to my size???

(sorry about my english... i just dont know what right words to put in XD)

can i ask something? about the hand/glove part.... as i saw on the SC2 trailer (where tychus findlay wears the terran suit) the hand part was extended... extended like 2-3 inches i think... so if i make the prop(hand part) will it be like the ones in the trailer or the distance of the shoulder to arm will scale down to my size???

(sorry about my english... i just dont know what right words to put in XD)

Since you will need to scale, it will be as long as your arm; if you are trying to go for the look in the trailer, then you have to overscale it by a bit, and figure out the mechanism for the hand part.

Wow, I just happened upon this thread and must say I'm very happy to discover it. :) I've been trying to make a medic costume by hand out of foam for quite some time now, but I think this should help me out quite a bit. The medic is identical except for the medical instrumentation on the left arm, the shield, and the paint scheme, right?

pretty much but i think that they also had some sort of back pack as well
or thats just my imagination getting the better of me

Oooh. This looks very interesting. I'd love to work with a project like this, but it looks like it'll take quite a number of months to assemble and fit. I might be up to the challenge! I'll keep following this thread til the pieces are all set up. :3

My wife and I started a project like this with foam as well a few months back, I will be following this as well. Planning on going to The Convention Sakura-Con Next year in one of these.

I am documenting and taking pictures and video of my WIP, after we get a few more pieces i plan to be posting my progress heh.

Great job so far

Hey Nintendude, think you can ask your developer friend at blizzard for the medic models too? Hehe! After looking at the picture of it in the tutorial help screen, it does seem to be quite a bit different, and damn, I'd love to go to a convention like Dragon Con or something next year and be the medic there amongst a group of marines. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back