Starcraft 2 Terran Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendude - Thats a great idea actaully. Thank you. If i have im going to try that. Im not sure where to get that foam tho, within a few weeks :/ (goal is to get it done by Oct. 29th) I was thinking about making my own fiberglass boots, but idk. I havnt gotten to that part yet. But! i need help with the helmet. Im not sure what to do exactly. Any thoughts?

It seems I need to get to work on the Helmet and Cod unfold, what chest file did you use? That way I can scale the right Cod and Helmet and Boots to the rest.

Im using all the parts unfolded by Guilhermebtbj1. Im using all the defult scaling (which is lucky for me). So if you have time to unfold those two parts I might be able to finish this thing on time, instead of making my own from scratch. For the helmet I think I might just go out and buy a motorcycle helmet visor to attach to it... because i want it to be able to close.

Im using all the parts unfolded by Guilhermebtbj1. Im using all the defult scaling (which is lucky for me). So if you have time to unfold those two parts I might be able to finish this thing on time, instead of making my own from scratch. For the helmet I think I might just go out and buy a motorcycle helmet visor to attach to it... because i want it to be able to close.

OK I cn't guarentee how fast I can get this done but I should have the last parts unfolded this week and I'll post the files here and let you know when I post them.

geez oh petes mschmotz!! That's awesome! i'm still just trying to print my sheets out lol. My personal deadline is for comic-con '11. I don't think I could make it by halloween, at least this year lol.

I don't suppose anybody would be able to capture the 3D models for the medic too...? I really like the marine armor, it's awesome, but being a girl I'd kind of rather be a medic personally. I tried to capture it myself, but I think the programs I tried don't like that I use 64-bit Win7, and Starcraft II won't run on my old machine. :( If anybody can help me out with that, it'd be really, really appreciated.

Brilliant work on the build
for the helmet you can go with the pep method when the unfold is finished but if you to try something different what
you will need is half a spear ,i.e. a large deep bowl or fish tank
cover it in a release agent ,i.e. vasalean if you need to be tight in money but preferably the spray releases to make life easy
then use fiberglass to make a pull,
then all you will need to do add any detail
cut out the visor and get the visor vacume formed and tinted
and het presto youve got the helmet without cutting a tone of paper
and just becuase i feel like ive scaled my torso down a bit too much is there any chance of getting a front shot of you wearing what
youve made
thanks and hope this helps anyone

Ooh, I second Jersey13's request, the medic would be a great addition! I think the Mrs. would like to do that with me to comic-con. Not a bad couple's cosplay! Aye?!

That looks awesome so far! I hope you make your deadline are you going to wear it on Halloween? That would be awesome!

Hey im back! I said i was going to unfold all the parts and there are still some missing, sorry, hard time in college
But i have some free time now ill try to finish it this week
I dont know if the size of the unfolds are ok
I saw the piece build, did u think its ok or need a to be a bit larger?
BTW it looks great! Great job! Cant wait to build mine now that my silouette SD came!

Ive been able to put more work into it and this is as far as I am. Im 80% done fiber glassing and I alrdy put a lil paint on it (the front black part) just to see what it would come out like. Im hoping to be done with all fiber glassing by sunday of this week and move on to painting. i just need to build a cod, boots, and helmet.

2vvsuqc.jpg

ht5tna.jpg

Awesome! I like the way you put fiberglass mat on the outside too in order to smooth it out:D! Keep it comming! Hope blizzard see this;)

dude great progress. Though I can't help notice that it looks as though the scaling is going off on the parts for the lower body. I'm looking at these guys that actually made latex suits http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=192252&id=255621967388 I hate saying this because of the progress you've made but I thought someone should say something. In case you wanted to make adjustments.

Yea, I they are a tad small, but they also are falling down because i had no way to keep them in place when I put it all on. The shins are the pefect size i think because once i have them mounted better it will look like it fits. the thigh on the otherhand could have been a bit bigger... but i dont have time to go back and remake them :(. Ill rescale the thighs after halloween sometime and fix it up for sure :).

After i get some more practice with pep, i'll be all for this.

mad props to all who have worked on this. The modellers, unfolders, and those who have built it.

nice!!
ive never played SC but this is looking awesome :D
i love the huge bulky armour, so i honestly can say that i am looking forward to seeing this done!

Hey again guys, so i started my own helmet creation and I think this will work out perfectly for the limited time I have.

First I took my cardstock and cut strips 22 inchs long (because the diameter of the head hole is 11ish inches).
jfjdip.jpg

Next I took the strips and layerd them all together and pined them at the ends like so...
191gsx.jpg

Last I spread out the strips (adjusting as i go along to the perfect fit) and creat a dome shape like shown...
11qu4i0.jpg

2ii8h3c.jpg

Im sure there are better ways of doing this, I just wanted to show mine. Let me know if you guys have an easier way. Im going to fiberglass this then mount it to the rest of the suit once its all finished and looks like the one in the game. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back