Starcraft 2 Terran Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
T-13 days left. Still hard at work. First coat of paint on, getting ready for detailing and making boots.
2n83rkh.jpg

Sorry for the mass updates, but I thought the last pic didnt give my suit the "cool" justice it deserves. Heres the first round of detailing, next coat will go on later today after classes.
r2vwr5.jpg

wow mschmotz. You did a very good job. What kind of weapon will you use/build?

Im going to paint my nerf vulcan... http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ynWOAg4YQB0/Sc4W8kM-iLI/AAAAAAAAAJU/HlAltqjUBuQ/s400/Nerf_Vulcan_04.jpg to look like the gauss rifle because i only have 12 days left before halloween and a ton more to do with just the suit alone. After halloween (when i have time) I will build a pep model for the rifle. I would have done it now but i just ran out of time and I have 2 exams this week :(

Hey again, so im down to my last week and Ive learned alot from trying this bad boy on and learned so much about what needs to be done to keep everything on your body, but heres what Ive got so far... let me kno what you think :) Ill add video a lil later too.
30vd83n.jpg

24npc9w.jpg

2r27hx2.jpg

And here is the basic wiring for the front LEDs before I coverd it all up.
akyjid.jpg

Hey, I just wanted to thank all you guys for the help and the comments. You are all the best :).

As i said, here the vid for the suit. Please just ignore my complaining at the begining about all the pages... even tho... it is alot of pages :D. Thanks about for the unfolds. I love you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... Modify the design and shove some ballistics padding in it and you have yourself a suit of combat armor. (a layer of polyethelene glycol mixed with silica on the inside couldn't hurt)

Hey, again.

The suit itself took lots of time to build, i sacrificed at least 2 hours a day on it since starting. Overall its pretty comfortable to wear, cons to wearing it tho is that if you want to sit down, u need lots of leg room because its hard to get a 90 degree bend with the leg pieces, but I made the butt plate 3 layers of fiber glass thick so when I sat on it, it would not break. The only other thing is that its super hard to eat/drink/smoke/or scratch your face while in it. So I recommend putting a pad in the collar piece so u can have something soft to rub your face on :). Also, when you put it on you as the user of the suit look very anorectic. So what I did is made sleves for my arms and wore padding to make me fat. It makes the suit look super awesome, but if you do that you need someone to help you put it all on because of the limit range of motion, This is why most of my pics my arms are like twigs. My friend had to help me put some of it on when I wanted to use the pads. If you guys would like I can upload picks of how I attach everything. Thanks for all your comments, and if you need any help let me know.

2us7791.jpg

Also, when you put it on you as the user of the suit look very anorectic. So what I did is made sleves for my arms and wore padding to make me fat. It makes the suit look super awesome, but if you do that you need someone to help you put it all on because of the limit range of motion, This is why most of my pics my arms are like twigs.

I recommend cutting out a couple chunks of 5" wide ribbed black garden tubing (available at Lowes or Home Depot in 20' lengths) to fit over your upper arms, drill a couple of holes in the back, and and feed some nylon rope through and tie it around your upper torso. The rest of the padding looks pretty good though. :)

I recommend cutting out a couple chunks of 5" wide ribbed black garden tubing (available at Lowes or Home Depot in 20' lengths) to fit over your upper arms, drill a couple of holes in the back, and and feed some nylon rope through and tie it around your upper torso. The rest of the padding looks pretty good though. :)

oooo, thats a good idea. ill have to give thata try. If you look on the previous page, the three pics I have posted, Im wearing the pads and the arms look beefy, and I think it looks good with them. The last pic i posted I didnt have them on because I had to ride on a train for 6 hours and didnt want to have to keep track of them with all the other stuff.

Actually...weren't there pep files for the arm pieces as well? >.> I was wondering if you just didn't build those or if they were overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back