STORMTROOPERZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Padding on the inside of the armor is a must!!!! That way it won't clank around. I'm not sure by what you all meant by standing, but to really test it out, you need to move around, A LOT!!!! Rivet the sniper plate. I'm telling ya, you will eventually rethink the whole velcro deal. Troop on a really hot day, the glue on the velcro will melt, and off come your parts. I have seen it. Anyway, good luck and again if you need help, let me know. I had a FX kit and had no problem getting it to fit right. Good luck!!!!!

Well FX helmets are known to be bigger than average, but its good because it gives you room to put in electronics and padding. Either way when you walk into a store with that on, you are going to get alot of peoples attentions.

It looks SLIGHTLY too big, with the other pieces on, but over all like I said, it is good looking, it doesnt look like "omg look at that guy, his head is too big" or "thats a bobble head"

It looks SLIGHTLY too big
Thats no moon....Its an FX helmet!
seriously, pick yourself up a recast film lid, there are some really good ones around, head over to whitearmor.net there should be some in the classifieds section, failing that PM me I have a friend that makes a pretty good ANH lid

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm too poor to buy a helmet for 100-200 dollars right now. I think I will use this for the next 6 months then see if I grow to fit, I just need 1-2 more inches then it will fit right and look right ;p

If not, then I will consider buying a new helmet, my only complaint about my helmet is the fact the screw holes were too high on the right on the helmet, which made the ear piece slightly too high, theres a small gap from the right side of the helmet, to the ear piece.

Spent some time trimming the legs the past 2 days, heres a progress pic.

IMG_1403.jpg

I think I am done for now on the legs, I cant bend over all the way and crouch, but I can bend down my legs past 90 degree angle, maybe 120 degree angle, but I cant bend it perfect. I dont think I will ever need to, maybe once or twice, but it isnt important, it fits good, I left it larger incase I ever grew taller then it would fit perfect.

I can walk fine too, walking seems easy, havent tried walking with shoes on, but It should be ok, there was enough space for shoes around the ankle area.

Edit: the left side thigh in the picture is lower because the strapping was placed lower, I didnt realise this until I wore the entire lower armor.

Entire suit is nearly done, just need to pad the helmet, redo the length of strapping on the arms, and get some white boots, otherwise, white velcro shoes will be my cheapo way to troop. I also need a better undersuit, mine is kinda lose and is a dark grey, not really black.

IMG_0892.png

Everything was trimmed down to size, fits good, except arms need some strap work redone.

My helmet was crooked in this picture because of no padding, I just tossed it on and had a picture taken.

Ya, the crappy sweatshirt/pants as a undersuit really makes it look bad, the helmet without padding bobbling everywhere also makes it look bad, but comparing the two pics of the entire suit on, this pic does show lots of progress done.

440$ + $30 shipping from Hollywood, comes with everything needed to wear and go trooping, except a blaster and undersuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back