Styrofoam helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulmemories

Hey, I'm posting under my brother's name, but is it just possible to make a helmet out of styrofoam o_O , like buy a huge block and carve it into a helmet?

Soulmemories said:
Hey, I'm posting under my brother's name, but is it just possible to make a helmet out of styrofoam o_O , like buy a huge block and carve it into a helmet?

possible.. I'm sure, but most paint/glue melts styrofoam (there are a few that don't, and I guess you could add a duct tape layer for protection.. but it would be very very hard to cut it perfect, or even looking half way decent by carving.. thats one idea I'd probably not go with

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap, I think I posted in the wrong section, but on the same note, if I were to make it out of styrofoam, couldn't like pepakura & cardboard be a, "shield" against the elements? Cuz spray paint and polyurethane would make it dissolve.

Soulmemories said:
Crap, I think I posted in the wrong section, but on the same note, if I were to make it out of styrofoam, couldn't like pepakura & cardboard be a, "shield" against the elements? Cuz spray paint and polyurethane would make it dissolve.

I really don't think it would come out very well.. It's very hard to cut it effectively and without causing much damage, add that to the frustration of "shielding" it and your better off just making pep in the first place

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back