Props Sweeney Todd's Razor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akademee

I'm steering away from the awesome Halo Universe for a moment to do a project for a very special someone.

My girlfriend loves the newest Sweeney Todd movie (you know, the one with Johnny Depp in it :eek ). So I am going to make her a custom replica of the Sweeney Todd razors. I have used a combination of Microsoft Paint and Autodesk Inventor the create a template for both the handles and the razors which I printed out and have a bit of a conceptual model.

JDSR001.jpg

JDSR002.jpg

A better size comparison next to a quarter

JDSR003.jpg

For the actual build, I plan to use 3/16 thick nylon, which I have found easy to carve in details, and the blade is a simple piece of 1/8 inch aluminum plate that I will file down and polish. As of yet, I do know If I will have time to make only one, or if I can make her a whole set like in the movie.

Just to say, I do not possess the extreme skill in order to replicate the movie designs, I will give it my best shot!

Think she'll like it? :lol

:lol Ooh, that's going to be pretty sweet. (Not too much of a Tim Burton fan myself, but I think she's going to love it!) Best of luck to you, and mind you don't cut your nec- er fingers ;)

Cheers!

Interesting. Quick question though, how will the blade lock when its flipped out?

And good luck with the build! I'm sure it'll be sweet!

smilie120 said:
Interesting. Quick question though, how will the blade lock when its flipped out?

typicaly, a Strait-razor doesn't lock in either position... most use friction to keep it closed, and then by holding it in a particular way, you can keep the blade steady... but if you have hands like me, well... I stopped shaving all together [once the beard gets long enough and stops being consantly itchy, i think it's the way to go lol]

wait... you plan on CARVING those designs? out of what?! wow, ambitious! good luck to you sir! I'll be watching with interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slide said:
typicaly, a Strait-razor doesn't lock in either position... most use friction to keep it closed, and then by holding it in a particular way, you can keep the blade steady... but if you have hands like me, well... I stopped shaving all together [once the beard gets long enough and stops being consantly itchy, i think it's the way to go lol]

wait... you plan on CARVING those designs? out of what?! wow, ambitious! good luck to you sir! I'll be watching with interest.

I would not get too excited, I do not possess the carving skills to carve out a full film replica, but I can get the gist if the carvings and styles. I'm carving it straight out of poly-pro sheet, it is a white plastic that is soft enough to carve with a dremel easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back