Sylfos model scaling?/ weapon scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I'v got some good news and bad news: first of all, I've made some progress on fiberglassing the helm, and made some more parts, and found out about the great mmodels of Sylfo's. But the bad news is I'm not wuite sure how to scale them. They are all scaled to about 19 and when i scale them to my size of 25.04979, almost nothing will fit on a single sheet of paper!(and I'm about 5'11 and 130lbs, tall and lanky) so i was wondering if these new models are to be scaled differently and if so,how?

oh and about the helm, I am fiberglassing the outside rather than outside, and so far its turned out suprisingly good, seeing as how most people fiberglass the inside. so far, next to no detail has been lost and im thinkin about usin bondo for even greater detail later. I tried to upload the pics but for some reason they are freakin huge files, and it wont lemme upload, ill upload to some other site soon and get some pics up.

silvershadow said:
well I'v got some good news and bad news: first of all, I've made some progress on fiberglassing the helm, and made some more parts, and found out about the great mmodels of Sylfo's. But the bad news is I'm not wuite sure how to scale them. They are all scaled to about 19 and when i scale them to my size of 25.04979, almost nothing will fit on a single sheet of paper!(and I'm about 5'11 and 130lbs, tall and lanky) so i was wondering if these new models are to be scaled differently and if so,how?

oh and about the helm, I am fiberglassing the outside rather than outside, and so far its turned out suprisingly good, seeing as how most people fiberglass the inside. so far, next to no detail has been lost and im thinkin about usin bondo for even greater detail later. I tried to upload the pics but for some reason they are freakin huge files, and it wont lemme upload, ill upload to some other site soon and get some pics up.

Yes, slyfos are scaled differently. If you scale to 25, it will be huge.

First take your height (plus 1-2 inches) and divide it by 86 (Masterchiefs size). This will give you a x.xxxxxx number (usually around 0.8xxxxx). Take that number and multiply by 31.9 (helmet height). You will get a size of xx.x cm. Enter this number into the height box (not the scale box) and you will have your scale.

Now, if you have the patience, I am working on some fixed (no isolated edges), higher quality Halo 3 models. Plus the scaling will be different, if you are 72 inches tall, your scale will be 72. Full scale will be 86 (MC hieght). The boots are almost done, and the helmet is next. HERE:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a ton, and yes I saw your models, the helmet looks great, but sadly I've already started glassing mine =(
but I like what you said about the scaling for your armor, think i may wait for your models, I got the AR and pistol files of yours and I've got to say they are amazing!

Edit: got one more question, what is the scale for the weapons? should i keep it at 30.xxxxx or scale it to me/my suit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back