TAC EQUIPMENT/UNDERSUIT IDEAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elric

Ok guys, as promised here are a few ideas for some TAC Vest + Pistol belt combos to hold on all that armor, and give you a decent undersuit look. Most of all these Vests are available in black.

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx
productid=9996&TabID=1&CatID=76

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?prod...=1&CatID=76

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?prod...=1&CatID=76

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?prod...1&CatID=76'

A GOOD BELT

http://www.centuriontactical.com/belts-padded.htm

Possible Thigh Armor Holder

http://www.centuriontactical.com/drop-leg-molle.htm

Another place to look is your local Army/Navy Surplus. Most vets i know are not signing back up have ditched their stuff at a place like this. I mean with all the current warfare going on, these surplus stores arent just selling relics from NAM anymore. Feel free to browse some of the links I posted and PM me if you need anymore hlep!

The belt and thigh holder links you posted are almost EXACTLY what I have in my suit... but I made them.

If I had only known!

Elric said:

Link doesn't work ^ ^ ^ ^

I was wondering if you had some good military style boots that we could use for the shoes?

Also, I was wondering if you knew how the military does the speaker/intercom in the helmets because I have a system where I have a wireless speaker and a microphone. But it's subpar.. and so i was wondering if you had any ideas on that end..

Thanks Elric!

Last edited by a moderator:
I fixed the nomex hood link, I will look into the speaker system used by 5th Ranger bat, I have a buddy that's in there now. As for boots, I imagine some Jump boots would be standard for the ODST go figure ;-)
As for the Molle rig that you linked, man that looks pretty good and pretty cheap, The good thing about the molle system is that it is very customizable. Holler if you need me! Oh and Ill dig through my links for some good comfy boots.

Elric

As the local Airsofter, I'd have to say no to the MOLLE, if your a Spartan. no good. As a Marine, H3, PM me, I've got most of it down pat.

Hey Elric, I was wondering if you knew possibly, how the military does their radio/intercom systems in their helmets. I might wanna do something similiar.

I've using a wireless microphone attached to a portable speaker that is loud but small enough to fit in my armor, but it has some sucky frequency sometimes.

The stormtroopers use it for their armor, I use it for my clone armor.

I want to upgrade and I figured you might have some idea how..

Thanks
Fitz

Elric said:
I fixed the nomex hood link, I will look into the speaker system used by 5th Ranger bat, I have a buddy that's in there now. As for boots, I imagine some Jump boots would be standard for the ODST go figure ;-)
As for the Molle rig that you linked, man that looks pretty good and pretty cheap, The good thing about the molle system is that it is very customizable. Holler if you need me! Oh and Ill dig through my links for some good comfy boots.

Elric

Yeah, I'm planning on buying that molle rig this or next weekend. I'll see how well it works....

I have problems finding boots sometimes since I have huge feet. 16 EEs aren't commonly carried in the civvie world, and I haven't found a constant military surplus source for combat boots yet. But Sportsman's Guide has had a few good bargains in the past.

darkesword2020 said:
Hey Elric, I was wondering if you knew possibly, how the military does their radio/intercom systems in their helmets. I might wanna do something similiar.

I've using a wireless microphone attached to a portable speaker that is loud but small enough to fit in my armor, but it has some sucky frequency sometimes.

Thanks
Fitz

Hey Fitz, I'm still Looking for Stuff for you, let me continue the search a bit. I havent forgot about you though! ;-)

Elric said:
darkesword2020 said:

Thanks
Fitz

Hey Fitz, I'm still Looking for Stuff for you, let me continue the search a bit. I havent forgot about you though! ;-)

Thanks Elric, I really appreciate it!

Wow good finds :bow: !

I might invest in the hood...looks awsome...espically if your a ninja like me :shifty ninja:

Ok heres a stupid question Gents:

I just finished assembling my Pep Armor out of 110 lb cardstock and I am trying to see how well it fits.

It seems like some parts need to be clamshelled ... like the chest, I could not just slip it over my head I had to split the sides to get it on an then it seemed to fit ok. The same goes for some of the leg/arm pieces.

Dont get me started on the Crotch/Codpiece .... that is going to take a lot of fine tuning. LOL

Am I on the right track here??? The straping/velcro seems like its going to be almost as much work as the rest of the suit.

Feedback would be apreciated here.

Thanks in Advance

Wombat6926

wombat6926 said:
Ok heres a stupid question Gents:

I just finished assembling my Pep Armor out of 110 lb cardstock and I am trying to see how well it fits.

It seems like some parts need to be clamshelled ... like the chest, I could not just slip it over my head I had to split the sides to get it on an then it seemed to fit ok. The same goes for some of the leg/arm pieces.

Dont get me started on the Crotch/Codpiece .... that is going to take a lot of fine tuning. LOL

Am I on the right track here??? The straping/velcro seems like its going to be almost as much work as the rest of the suit.

Feedback would be apreciated here.

Thanks in Advance

Wombat6926

yeah I've noticed the same thing I'm going to do piano hinge my helm as well and kinda try to keep the hinges on the inside. I wear glasses and am completely blind without them, and I can't squeeze my fat noggin in the helmet with them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back