The Bunker… (Future shop to work in during the winter.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklight

Hey Guys,

Just started a little remodeling project. In the past I’ve never been able to do anything other then pep’ing during the winter months. My wife doesn’t really like it when I bring resined parts in the house…LOL. So I have an old concrete room attached to the house that used to hold water which I plan to convert into a small workshop. Hopefully after adding some good ventilation and some work benches, I’ll have a nice place to work no matter what the weather is.

Next install the window and install a door into the basment...

-Dark

Hole I had knock out to see what kind of mess I was getting into...soon to be window.
5850003114_f037cf030b.jpg

5850040152_bbeab09100.jpg

5850003874_eda12e1572.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like a pretty good size. are you gonna fix the cracks in the ceiling?

What looks like cracks in the ceiling is actually just impressions left from when they poured the cement. The plan is to get the window and doors in, then paint the room white so the I can get some good lighting in there. I'll probably hit the floor with a coat of some kind of floor paint as well. Other then repairing/patching up where I bust out the window and doors, the room is in pretty good shape.

Small Update.

Well I got the door and window put in. There was a lot more block/concrete to bust out on this job then I was expecting. Now to get the frame work for the benches, shelving, and ventilation booth attached to the walls…

5882292825_b6a19c78d0.jpg

5882292977_273015244f.jpg

5882292621_7277d13bf4.jpg

The vent and fan I’m going to use to circulate air.
5882854090_f164e43f17.jpg

are you going to be running any air ducts for your bunker, say to a seperat box for drying or are you just going to use that beast of an extractor for the whole room?

Nice one man. It must feel good to have tour own work space finally. One suggestion , and you may have already thought of this...Paint the walls in a bright white, especially if you plan on painting in that room. This our body shop booth was, as most are. It will help tremendously with the lighting of the room too. Just my two cents. Looking great though. You have come a long way since the first set of pics. I can't wait to see it all set up.

are you going to be running any air ducts for your bunker, say to a seperat box for drying or are you just going to use that beast of an extractor for the whole room?

No, no duct work. I'm planning on building a enclosure arourd the work bench I plan tp do the bond/resine work on. The fan should pull all the fumes through it and get them outside.

Nice one man. It must feel good to have tour own work space finally. One suggestion , and you may have already thought of this...Paint the walls in a bright white, especially if you plan on painting in that room. This our body shop booth was, as most are. It will help tremendously with the lighting of the room too. Just my two cents. Looking great though. You have come a long way since the first set of pics. I can't wait to see it all set up.

Yea, I'm very excited about having a place to work in. I do plan on painting the room white (hopefully this week) and painting the floor some type of gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back