The Halo 2 Beta (2nd Page For Falcon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CPU64, I would have to check the BR sound, I really can't recall off the top of my head, I think it is different then the three round burst shot's though.

So Yeah, Secret vehicle time ; ).

The Falcon, It was intended to be a Human aircraft, Almost like a minaturized version of a pelican. It can hold 6 people total, Pilot, Gunner, and a seat on each wing. It's only found on the shared.map and was fairly unfinished, It dosn't spawn by default, so I had to mod this in too <_____<. Sadly no texture, but it was drivable, and all the seats were setup properly. It used similar physics to the banshee, However it hovers like a ghost when it's close to the ground, pretty neat feature. It had a gunner seat that could fire something like a tank machine gun, Pilot had rockets similar to that of the Hornet in Halo 3.

One person could sit on each wing, total of 4 passenger seats, one for each wing. Not sure how they would stay on when the vehicle rolled though :p, the banshee tricks probably weren't going to be in retail if the vehicle ever made it that far. It had a weird little cutout section in the back, I couldn't quite figure it out at first, but then it hit me like a rock, You'll see it in the last picture if you don't figure it out by then.

Pictures:

beta101.jpg

Front perspective

beta102.jpg

Back perspective

beta103.jpg

Upside down, few neat details

beta107.jpg

Managed to get it proped up on a box, here it is upside down again

beta105.jpg

Confusing picture, but that's the topside facing me, it's on the box once more

beta110.jpg

Gunner Seat, Pilot was right behind it.

beta111.jpg

Gunner seat, obviously the turret was unfinished.

beta112.jpg

Me chilling on one of the 4 wings ;P

beta115.jpg

Actually driving it at this point, hovering above the ground.

beta114.jpg

And Boom, It's a mongoose bay, Fit's perfect.

For the few images I didn't post of it, check here: http://unexistent.net/h2b/falcon

There you have it, The unseen vehicle. I can gurantee nobody has seen or heard about it. Bungie made mention of WANTING something like this for halo 2 in the H3 Legendary disc's if I remember, but it never quite made it. I think the real problem is that they didn't have a map large enough to use something like this on. It just wouldn't fit into gameplay right.

Anyway, That's it for now, I havn't loaded up the beta to PLAY in a few days, Just been doing research into it at this point. I've got plans on extracting the Falcon model, I'd like to skin it myself, Would result in some pretty awesome Halo renders I tend to make every now and then. But I have yet to get to extracting RAW from the beta, Hopefully soon though.

-Doom

Ohh, that looks like it would have been fun. With a little bit of textures and stuff, this could have been a cool tactical vehicle, if it really transported the mongoose.

that's pretty cool. I wish we could attach a mongoose to a hornet...I tried fusing them together in forge but it just doesn't work like with scenery.

For those that read the few post that we're here before, I did indeed leak a tool to myself, Won't deny it. However after I gained access to it, Right out told the author, I ended up deleting it because it would simply crash on my PC. He ended up having me restore from my recycle bin to see if I could get it to work, after a few changes it stopped crashing. I was instructed on how to to use it and I he seemed fine about it all afterwards. I've posted a few pictures elsewhere and he was fine with it, Not sure what exactly happened here.

Don't be suprised if this thread dissapear's, If it comes down to it, I'll just remove it for him if he so requests.

And Kornman00 is a good friend of mine :p, He's kwl, don't worry about him.

-Doom

That's one sick vehicle. It does look like a miniature pelican, and they kept the vehicle storage feature of a pelican!

Hey, everybody. Sorry for the bump of this thread, but I thought I'd share a WIP model of the Falcon if anybody was interested.
FLAPFLAPALBOTROSS.png

Hot damn thats awesome. I would LOVE to see that in a Halo PC mod. I haven't been to halomods in a while. Has anybody thought about moddeling the Vulture from Halo Wars?

Nice model Nugget!
and at Minty, dont you think it would be just a bit on the ENOURMOUS side?! :)
itis kinda massive though. what maps would you play that on, or would you use a custom one?

it would be awesome though...

Chazodude

Nah, I'd say its about as big as a pelican. And you could play it on any big map. Death Island, or a custom map. I've seen a lot of really good ones that you could easily use it on.

Minty said:
Nah, I'd say its about as big as a pelican. And you could play it on any big map. Death Island, or a custom map. I've seen a lot of really good ones that you could easily use it on.

The hell with Death Island, Coldsnap's the only way to go in Halo CE

On topic, that vehicle looks kinda strange and blocky, unfinished... but of course, it's a beta

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back