The Journey From Noob to Chief: My Halo 4 MC WIP Build (1st Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hells Badass

Hey 405th,

After weeks of stalking the forums and seeing how other people's builds, I've decided to post a thread of my own. I've been working on this for about a week officially (although I did experiment a little bit with the helmet as a kind of prototype, but I didn't feel the need for pictures of that unless anybody cares to see them). Any advice and feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Progress so far:
WIPprogresspic_zps0b4f9688.jpg

Looking at it I feel kinda sad about the progress speed :)

OK, what I have so far is I've decided to move up the arm for as much practice as possible before I tackle things like the chest. Then if i'll either start the other arm or I'll go right into the chest.

Forearm:
view one:
IMG_0145_zpse204e1f4.jpg

side:
IMG_0144_zps50e358d6.jpg

third side:
IMG_0147_zps65e6d989.jpg

last side:
IMG_0148_zps18e07648.jpg

As far as sizing goes, here are some pics. I'd like some feedback as to whether or not it fits well, I don't know how it's supposed to be really.

IMG_0152_zps1f5795e8.jpg

IMG_0151_zps8dc30eb4.jpg

IMG_0150_zps9c57f3e9.jpg

Here you buddy , this video should help!

Hope that helps!

-Jacob

Last edited by a moderator:
small update:

mostly finished pepping one bicep, but looks to be just a little small so I figured I'd slap a small piece of paper on the bottom instead of the last piece and put it on the back burner while i work on the shoulder and come to a decision on whether or not the bicep size is nice. I hideously over sized the shoulder though on the first try, so I didn't even finish that pep either, so I'm gonna try again.

Anyway, here is the bicep picture, let me know what you guys think. My only fear is that once any amount of padding is added to the inside it's going to become too small so I'm leaning to up scaling it up about a half inch or so.

IMG_0154_zpsdfbde776.jpg

And here is the prototype helmet I made:

IMG_0158_zps09da52e5.jpg

IMG_0156_zps26a1397c.jpg

IMG_0155_zpscdebebd6.jpg

It actually didn't come out too horribly, but I made a really half-hearted attempt at bondo and I don't even know why I decided to prime it, but the ultimate problem was my lack of understanding in the fiberglass department. The bondo and primer and everything on it began to crack because it wasn't reinforced properly. I don't know if it's salvageable, but at this point, because there was a little warping as well in the resin stage, I've decided the work to make a new one that looks better would be less than the amount of work to fix this one and it still wouldn't look great.

IMG_0168_zpsbe9c8170.jpg

Thanks everybody for the comments and opinions; they're appreciated. I had hoped to provide some sort of weekend update, but I ended up having a family emergency sort of thing, so no update. I stayed up late on Friday working on a new shoulder which is almost done and hopefully posted by tonight, but there's nothing major until the next weekend.

Hey man, that sucks about the fiberglass issue. My best advice, would be too do a light coat of rondo on the inside before fiberglassing. Then tear your fiberglass mat into some small pieces, about the size of a 50 cent piece is ideal. Then it will give you the most control, and best coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back