the noobist-me

Status
Not open for further replies.

pok1921

here's a little something about me, i ain't no professional or whatever in this field and know absolutely nothing about costume making.when i looked at the item list (sticky)
i did not even recognize some of the stuff and was wondering how to use them. hence i guess i might need ALOT of help. like what are the steps, etc. i hope i can learn something by reading others threads, blog ,etc. i may ask some of u on how to use a particular item, like that reslin thing. even f u don't reply, its ok. it's cool, i can totally understand, but may ask a favour of you? like being my friend here and all. i need a lot of help and being my friend can certainly make it easier to adapt to this entirely new community to me.(its like going to china when you are from the middle-east. ok, it might be a little exaggerating but still, its kinda like tat.)

Well first off, welcome to the forum pok1921! I think you'll find that a lot of the people here are quite good at helping you out and giving you advice/ constructive criticism.

To go about making a set of armour is a big job which requires dedication and commitment. So I suppose the first step you need to follow in starting a suit of armour is to decide wether you are going to take on the role of "suit maker" :p If so, then I would probably suggest the pepekura root. This is a good starting place for a noob. As you progress, you will find out a lot more things to do with sculpting, molding and casting.

Also, you will find that there is no right or wrong way, nor is there a straightforward tutorial. Armour making is all about learning and experimenting. But the closest thing you will get to a tutorial is this video here:

It is an indymogul video showing you how to make armour, but don't take this video as if it were the rules. There are many different methods.

So some last advice, I would say just go for it and experiment. Find out what works for you. And to read the stickys all the time because you never know when you will pick up something out of the sticky that you hadn't noticed before.

Oh, and have fun too. That's what it's all about after all.

:)

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey pok1921! Glad to have you aboard :) The video Sam linked is extremly good to learn how to visually do everything.

My advice is also to read all the stickies as much as you can. Everything that is worth knowing is written there, plus alot more.
If you need additional help just email/pm me!

Kind Regards,
/Tahu

The guys above me both have it exactly right. That video is one of the best to start on, and the tutorials around here will be worth their weight in gold when it comes to this stuff.

Also, http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page has some useful stuff on it. Have a look around it a few times, and it's pep index is probably the best currently around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back