The Official 405th Rp 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Charlie, dump your flamethrower and correct your spin. Joe, continue planned drop. When you hit the surface, find cover!" Both lights lit up again.

Joe continued his drop. He couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen to his fellow Spartans when they touched down. 'If they do,' he thought.
<blockquote>"Don't worry mate. 137 and 601 can handle almost anything." Kirk had appeared next to him and was free falling.
"I hope to God your right old friend. You better cover my bad side or its history for both of us."
"I make sure to remember that. Last thing I need is for you to go dieing on me," Kirk said with a smile.</blockquote>
When Joe came within 15 feet of the ground he shot off his shoot and landed on the ground. Quickly, Joe looked around his current position. 'Not ideal, but it will have to do.' He had landed on a hill about 1,000 feet from his fellow Spartans. He hurried over to a large boulder to provide cover for him.
<blockquote>"Kirk, can you tell me whats going on over there?"
"You mean with 137 and 601. Nothing good. Their on the ground, though Charlie seems to be badly hurt. I see two Shees closing in on them. I suggest quick action."
"Alright, lets see what this puppy can do." </blockquote>
He unstrapped his modified sniper rifle and zoomed in on one of the banshees. He waited for his shot and took it. Three shots. Thats all he needed. They sailed right into the "soft" point of the banshee, killing the pilot.
<blockquote>"You know, they really need to get that fixed," Kirk said.
"For our sake, lets hope they don't." Joe said noticing the other banshee caught flames and went down.
"Joe! Find cover! They know we're here!" Justin shouted into his COM.
"Kirk, any enemy forces in the area."
"Well lets see, we are on a hostile war world, so, yeah."
"Stop kidding. You know what I mean."
"One sec. $#!T. There's a pack of brutes and Grunts heading this way. Looks like they didn't take kind to you shooting down that banshee."</blockquote>
Joe flipped on his red indicator light to warn the other Spartans that he was in trouble.
<blockquote>"Oh, $#!T! Brutes on my position! I need - " But Joe didn't get to finish his report as he saw a spike gernade land next to him.
"Perfect." </blockquote>
He grabbed it and chucked it over the rock. Luckly, it landed on one of the grunts, causing him to take out about three of his closest mates. He ran over to an outcrop on the hill and proceeded to snipe as many of the brutes as he could. This cause the Grunts to go hay-wire, pulling out some gernades, ready to go sucide. He managed to take out 10 of the Brutes and 2 Captains before he was hit. 3 Brute shots. Straight to the Chest. He took a step back and fell over. Joe scream in pain. Kirk appeared next to him."Come on Joe, don't go down without a fight."
Joe pulled out his pistol and shot 5 grunts as they came close to him. Finally a Brute walked over to the fallen SPARTAN.
<blockquote>"Not so tough are you demon."
"Stick it," and in a final effort, Joe stuck a plasma gernade right to the Brutes mouth.
"Nice touch." Kirk said.
"Thanks." Joe slumped to the ground and his vitals flat-lined.</blockquote>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joe awoke on the SIM chamber. He looked over and saw Justin and Charlie just coming to. As Justin awoke, he spoke, "Damnit, what the hell happend? How did they see us?"

She smiled faintly at the Sangheili talking as they made their decent. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. Once the Phantom was stationary, Dice hefted the briefcase and turned to lead them out when a figure blocked the exit. Shipmaster Sunl: She'd heard of him only in passing but saw he donned the same no-nonsense attitude of Rtsh. "As you wish Shipmaster." Antu and the others seemed distressed that they were being asked to part with their armor.

"It will be alright. Soon we'll all be suited up." But even in armor she'd still be dwarfed. No matter. Chuckling softly at Antu's amazement she glanced at the tech and held out her hand with the cuff on it. He deftly removed it and took the briefcase from her with guarded care. "That would be it. I'm ready when you are." She turned her gaze to Antu and nodded. "You've waited this long, I won't keep you waiting much longer." Giving him and the others a small salute, she followed after the Tech, itching to get on her newly upgraded armor.

[Much apologies for the short post. Today has been...something else X_X]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I've not updated in a while, I've been MIA (Went on Vacation). Well here we go:

Mark followed Regnas out of the Room. The Squid walked towards the Evidence chest and Pulled out his Items.
He turned towards Mark with the Mask and Tanks with the Green Liquid in it. "This is a Fluid Mask containing a Substance called Malach.", said Regnas. "It Makes our Race move Faster and Become stronger."
"Like an Energy Drink.", said Mark.
"What's th- nevermind." He then pulled out a Silver Metallic Gun that Looked like a More Cubic Battle Rifle with a Triangular Stock and Had no Scope. "This is An Automatic Pulse Point Rifle. It shoots Razor Sharp Knifes Towards the Target at a Speed of 25 Miles Per Hour. It's the Name weapon of the Government Army and the Rebellion. A very affective yet very dangerous weapon to the Target."
He Then Pulled out of the Suit of Armor. "This is the Mark IV Squallion Battle Armor. It is a Strong Type of our Races Body Armor. The Governments Armor and Class is this. Steel is Minor. White is Major. Red is Zealot. Silver is Spec-Ops. And Olive is Government. Blue is the Rebellion Armor Class for all Members."
"Good.", said Mark. "Put that Armor and Mask on. We're going in to Battle."

Andrews sat at his desk and re-read the report. 2 more fights between members of the infantry and ODSTs had broken out in the time that they had been at the RV.
“Captain” Adria said from the holo pad beside him “there’s been another incident between members of the infantry and the ships crew sir”
“Oh this is ridiculous” Andrews said, throwing the report onto the desk, anger in his voice.
“We’ve been here for” he checked his watch “17 minutes and their already fighting each other” Andrews stood up and walked onto the bridge.
“Adria open a com channel to the Incarnate I wish to speak with Admiral Valstaff”
“Channel open sir” Andrews stood to attention in front of the main view screen and waited for a response.

-------

Ryan felt the familiar kick of the rifle in his shoulder and watched another member of able company crash unconscious to the ground.
“It’s just too easy” he whispered, scanning for another target. The room in which they were located was little more than a concrete shell with one wall missing, simulating a mortar strike. They were positioned looking out through the missing wall with the door to there back.
Suddenly a warning alarm sounded in his helmet. The motion trackers on the stairs Ryan thought someone’s after us. He looked at Frank who nodded back, he’d got the same alarm. Quietly they moved in to opposite corners of the room on the either side as the door. Ryan crouched in the corner, he checked the ammo counter on his BR, made sure that the weapon was cocked with a round in the chamber and that the safety catch was off. He’d left the sniper rifle in its position over looking the battleground opposite the door, he hoped it would draw the attention of their attackers so that he and Frank could get the drop on them.
He settled the rifle into his shoulder and aimed at roughly head height, opposite him he could see frank had laid his Ma5c on the floor for quick access and was slowly pulling back the slide on his shotgun, making as little noise as possible. Ryan could hear them outside, quietly moving into position. Stand by he told Frank with the use of a hand signal. Suddenly there was a bang that made the whole room shake as the door was blasted off its hinges, the first assaulter was in the room almost immediately turning left coming straight at him. Ryan shot him in the face, the rounds impacting hard against the faceplate of the mans helmet knocking him to the ground. The second man through had gone the opposite way but was cut down almost immediately by a shell from Franks M90. The third man was half way through the door when he tried to turn back, Ryan shot him in the chest and Frank shot him in the back, the soldier collapsing in a heap.
That’s 3 down Ryan thought, he looked at Frank who nodded back at him silently telling him to hold his ground. There was a ping out side in the corridor and half a second later a flash bang grenade flew in. Ryan traced its path through the air and saw that it had been modified, 3 shotgun training shells were taped to the shell to create an improvised frag grenade. It bounced of the ceiling and landed 2 foot in front of him.
“FRAG OUT” he yelled and dived out of the corner across the room. The grenade exploded, sending dozens of rubber slugs flying through the air. The concussive force threw him to the ground, ripping his battle rifle from his hands. He shook his head to clear it and heard 2 blasts from Frank’s shotgun. He jerked the pistol from the holster on his right thigh and charged back to the door. He arrived in time to the final assaulter level his weapon at Frank who was busy trying to reload his shotgun, his Ma5c had been blasted across the room by the force of the grenade. Ryan brought his pistol up to his eye line and put a double tap into the mans back, he collapsed forward narrowly avoiding landing on Frank.
“Close one” Ryan said helping Frank of the floor.
“Yeah a 5 man assault team for the 2 of us, they wanted us out of the game.”
“Lets relocate before they send some one else.” Ryan holstered his pistol, retrieved and reloaded his battle rifle and then collected the sniper from the floor.
“Let’s go” he said to Frank, nodding towards the door.

(( NOTE: <> represent gear messages or sounds, ' ' are thought, " " are actual dialog or spoken))

A green grid shot over and under Antu. The surroundings began to bubble up, blobs formed into shapes then on the shapes textures were generated. The generation was of a semi wooded area with several military facilities around.

A soft female voice announced.

"You're simulation today is representative of data collected from the new covenant weapons and shielding system. This will be as close to a direct correlation to field situation as we can generate with the data we've collected. You have selected Situation 001: Close Quarters Sub-Urban Demolitions. Good Luck."

Antu's HUD came online and he had 3 green twinkling lights indicating the 3 under his command with a small green rectangle indicating the other group of four under Nkco's command. His radar detector was set to a wide sweep of 100M it was a blaze with red - he cut it down to 10M to try and cut out air patrols and other motion that was outside of his line of fire. In a situation like this he wanted to know what was close enough to detect him. This simulation was a mid-night simulation so he took a second to tweak is active camo and visor settings. Then he gave a blink to his team to move on.

He and his team hunkered down at the wooded edge of road and looked into a covenant military facility there were 3 plants on each side of the road, with another building as a depot at the end of the line. They were making circuit boards for banshee fliers. Security was minimal and lax - since the Covenant never expected an attack on their own facilities and banshee circuitry was low on the list of priorities they only had a small detail of combatants. So far the two teams a count of 10 brutes, 20 jackals, and rough estimate of 40 grunts patrolling. Antu took a second to mark each building with the signs of who would be in charge of infiltration and demolition. He packeted and encrypted the data and sent it to the team - a few seconds passed and he got all green conformation and they moved in.

------------------

Antu had chosen the depot - this was the most important building he thought - if he could cripple this building then it would slow the transportation of these boards to another location. They would have to resort and improvise to another trasport instead of the high speed grav rail here. He had all ready placed 3 of his 5 charges around the building, it was a big building and he had spent too much time inside as it was. The last team member pinged green over 5 minutes ago.

As Antu placed his 4th charge on a power generator he felt a jerk on his neck and a deep vicious voice.
"You think you can sneak around in my facilities you fool!" His camo faded from the sudden jerk and he was then face to face with a chieftain brute. Antu moved to punch the brute but his fist slid gently off the brutes shield. Antu's surprise was quickly shattered by thunderous laughter of Brute, jackal and grunt alike. The Chieftain let out a growl and threw Antu through a near by wall.

<Half Shields> Antu jumped to his feet and shook the blow off. "Breaking Radio Silence I've been found making my way out the west entrance!" - Lights blinked in acknowledge. Antu turned and ran - on a bad day he could out run the brute, he hoped to get outside so his squad could provide support.
As he sprinted towards the end of the hall he was surprised by a brute at the corner, the brute swung his hammer horizontally hitting the opposite wall. The wall denigrated Antu rolled into the room and escaped the Brutes returning down swing. He unslung his BR55 and fingered the trigger only to a non-firing damaged weapon - 'the trip through the wall must have broken the weapon'. He discarded it and drew a Mauler with one hand and a primed plasma grenade with another, he chunked it, he heard the satisfying click and beep from an attached plasma grenade. He ducked behind a workbench for the explosion. Antu's workbench covered crumpled and tore as a gravity hammer swung through it, the concussion knocked him across the room - he hit several objects in the room as he flew.
<Alarms blaring> 'Same brute?! I stuck him - I absolutely know I stuck him!' but it was the same brute unharmed through the plasma grenade. Antu charged in as the brute drew his hammer back for another swing, close combat was the only option he had now. He put his hand under the hammer's handle and kept the brute from swinging he brought his mauler to his stomach and fired once, twice - the brute caught him with a back hand, Antu jumped back dodging a swing of the hammer, he danced around the brute - his quick speed the only advantage he had, as he jumped around the brute firing his mauler he yelled "WHAT","THE","HELL" <click> The firing pin hitting air seemed to be the loudest thing Antu had ever heard the brute hit him dead on with the hammer, the deafening boom sent him sailing through the air with ears ringing.

Antu came to with a massive pain in his lower back - he couldn't move his legs. He regulated his life support and selected some pain medicine, He was then able to roll over onto his back he could see the brute he just battled and the chieftain approaching down the hall. 'No way, same brute.. what is going on'. The chieftain hoisted his hammer when he was about 10 feet away preparing for a death blow when a flurry of fire and explosions erupted. The rest of the squad were in the depot to rescue Antu.
"You're fools to come here" Antu said. "Yes you are!" The chieftain bellowed as he recovered from the attack.
"No one left behind." Nkco nodded to Antu.
Nkco hefted Antu on his back and walked behind the cover of the others.
Several Jackals made a shield wall for the Covenant troops to advance. All the arms fire and explosions bounced harmlessly off the arm mounted shields.

The Covenant were within 10M when 2 spirit drop ships appeared. These two older tuning fork shaped drop ships had been retrofitted with 12 turrets, 4 LAAG Cannons, 4 Shade Plasmas, 2 Gauss and 2 Missile pods. They were the new SPARTAN Gun Ships.
"WOO HOO the air support his here."

The 8 loaded onto one gun ship while the other circled strafing fire and making a peremeter. Antu gasped as 50mm LAAG rounds and plasma bounced off the arm shields - 'this has to be a bug in the code'. Gauss shells rained in next - the shields faltered and faded, Jackals and grunts dove trying to find a safe place but there was none - The LAAG rounds ripped them into chunks of flesh. The brutes still stood charging towards the gunship not minding the pecks of the cannon as the approached. The brute to the left of the chief took three direct gauss shots, his charge stopped and he took three stumble steps backwards, the fourth shred shields and torso alike. The Chieftain dodged Gauss slugs left and right, he took 3 glancing blows and one direct as he charged helplessly after the airborne ships. 'How much can they take' Antu's jaws were split apart in amazement behind his helmet. "Hold position and let him have it" Antu commed. The Chieftain took a second direct gauss slug followed by a missile, when the dust cleared the brute was haunched over injured but not dead - not entirely. Antu threw his last charge down on the ground beside him the cheiftan looked to the gunship just as Antu hit the go code for detonation.
The buildings and the chieftain ceased to exist.

------
The landscaped de-texturized, everything melted down from green blobs down to grids and then into a light blue fog of nothing
"Congratulations - mission accomplished" the female voice resounded.
"You need to check the code on the SIM there are obvious errors." Antu retorted as he stood the feeling returned to his legs and the virtual pain resided.
"I'm sorry? The simulator has been calculated and tested with a 95% error. I can run tests again if you wish but I assure you that is as close to the real thing as we can get you."
Antu shook his head as the simulator ended and he awoke to real life.
"No - just get me video copy of that training exercise, I want it in my datapad now. And can you please find Chaos Dice she was supposed to be here for this... The rest of you take some time run some normal training exercises."
Antu shook his head he couldn't get the horrors of the unstopable brutes from his vision.
'We sure have our work cut out for us.'

<Training simulation complete. Mission Objectives failed.> Dice looked up from her data pad and ignored the scrolling calculations and measurements to cock an eyebrow at the AI. "Excuse me?" Failed? What the hell? "Give me visual confirmation." She turned her back to the MJOLNIR suit hanging on it's stand and placed her hands on her hips as she watched the recap. Sloppy. Exposed. Obvious. A thousand things ran through her head. Why didn't they pay attention to their IFF tags? To their radar? But then again they were green, fresh out in this world to be tested for the first time. And they failed miserably but it could have been worse in her opinion. She sighed. <Would you like for me to download this vid to your data cache?> Dice furrowed her brow before turning back to her data pad. "Yes please. It will serve for later lessons."

Her fingers danced across the flat keyboard as she tweaked the suits settings a little bit more. The active camo wasn't transitioning as fluidly as she wanted and the lag was causing "ruptures" in the mirror relays. She tapped a key and the suit shimmered them disappeared. Dice made a circuit around the suit, some edges of it making the background ripple the tiniest fraction. Good. She unhooked the data pad and looked to the tech standing off to the side. "Help me suit up. I think it's time we got serious." Dice headed towards the "dressing" room where she would be suited up by an automated system. "Eerie, what is your opinion of the footage?" As she walked a Sangheili garbbed in armor that came close to mimicking the Arbiter's set materialized next to her, hands clasped behind his back as he walked tall, all 9'4" of him making Dice and the tech seem like children next to a giant. <Disgraceful. But they are young and swift of mind. What they learn they do not forget.>

Dice remained silent as she suited up, many different thoughts running through her mind. She flexed her arms, testing the feel of her newly upgraded armor. Not a bad fit for a re-issue. She grabbed her helmet, the T-shaped amber visor reflecting her face. And here we go...

Her booted steps echoed in the hallway, her HUD taking to the new upgrades better than she had hoped. Antu and his teammate's IFF tags appeared around the next corner and she watched the meters count down as she found them, waiting like they said they would be. The overhead lights reflected dully off the steel grey of her armor, the orange details enough to accent it. But on her shoulder pauldrons, etched into the metaloid itself, was the Mark of Shame as it was called in Sangheili society. To bear the mark was to be considered a heretic. Or, when Dice actually asked for the glyph's meaning, chaotic. How fitting. At least the mark set her apart from anyone else. Clicking on her external speakers, she stopped before them and spoke first. "Before you start all squaking I want to know what your plan was."

She wasn't going to jump to conclusions just yet. It possibly was a very good plan, just poorly executed. But from the footage alone more communication was need, more awareness. And definitely better response and reaction times. "The simulator is acurate to within a margin of 4.8% error...how did you let an artificial scenario beat you?"

Mark and Regnas walked towards the Armory. Regnas was carrying a Case that Held his Armor and Weaponry in it. As Mark walked towards the Armory Door, he Turned Around and said to Regnas, "Keep your Cool. There's gonna be some Marines in here, and they'll be surprised a Squid is in Here." Regnas nodded in agreement. The Door to the Armory opened, and just as Mark said, There was a whole squad of Marines in there. When the Marines saw Regnas, they all stood up and Pointed there Weapons at Him. "Easy,", said Mark. "He's With us." The Marines went at Ease. Regnas sat down and put on his Armor. Mark went over to the Weapons storage and Pulled out a Trip Mine from a Dispenser. When He pulled it out, Siegfried said, "You sure we can trust him?"
Mark said, "Yeah, I'm sure."
"I don't know. We just met him and all the other Squids we met attacked us."
"You have a point there. But he willingly told us what we wanted, and he showed us his Weaponry without attacking us."
"Well, you're right. I guess we can Trust him."
Just as Siegfried said that, Regnas walked in and said " You Ready?"
Mark Replied "Yeah. lets start this."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark and Regnas ran towards the Airlock where the next Squad of Enemy Squids were to Dock. Mark ordered all Explosives Marines to Place Trip Mines in front of the Airlocks. After they placed the Trip Mines, They Waited in front of the Airlocks, and then the Boarding Ships Infiltrated the Airlocks. The Doors blew open and Loyalist Squids Poured out, and as they entered the ship, the Trip Mines blew up, causing the Squids and the Ships crew to blow back. None of the crew was harmed, but 12 of the Loyalist Squids were killed. All remaining was 9 Minor and 7 Major Squids. Mark Pulled out his Assault Rifle and Charged at the Major 7 Feet away from him, shot half a Round into its Chest, then Pulled out his Machete and Stabbed it in the Head. After it Fell to the Ground, Mark dropped a Frag Grenade and Ran. The Grenade blew up, killing 4 Minors and 1 Major. Just as that Happened, a Group of Squids wearing Blue Armor, The Rebels, ran from the Right Corridor carrying Razor Rifles. The Rebels shot the Loyalists into Oblivion, and a Bloody Mess Flew into the Air and Splattered onto the floor. All the Loyalists were Killed by the Flying Blades. "Woah.", said Siegfried. A Squid walked over to Regnas and said "Sir! Loyalists have Infiltrated all over! We need to destroy the Enemy Ship!"
"You have to be Kidding Me!", said Regnnas. "Siegfried, Do you have a way of Destroying the Enemy Ship?"
Siegfried talked over the A.I. Speaker in Mark's Armor. "I'll scan." He paused. "The MAC Gun is offline. The Loyalists ships Damaged It Bad."
"Damn! Mark, you have an Idea?"
Mark paused. "I have one."

"Our plan was impeccable, WE performed impeccably, Do not misjudge us we are well trained and excellent tacticians."
Antu breathed deeply and dropped his annoyed tone.
"The problems all started when I was detected while placing my det charges. A conflict ensued - nothing I shouldn't have been able to handle but there was something different about the enemy."
Antu gazed intently as he breathed the next sentence.
"They were strong, very strong."
"Sheilds - Unbelievably resilient, I thought the code was wrong but if the computer has verified them correct to life then we ..."
Antu gestured his data pad,
"Observe the vid...", Antu stopped in mid sentence and pulled his datapad back close retracting his offer, "NO. Better yet test it yourself. You and I - one brute minor...." He sized Chaos up to see if she was up for the challenge..
"Computer load - " he paused thinking of a proper setting "load location "midship" with one Brute Combatant, minor rank, hammer and spiker".

"Loaded - waiting entry."

"My starting gear will be my usual, BR55, mauler, combo pack grenades." (2 plasma/2 frag)

Antu gestured to Chaos as he walked into the simulation area.
"Coming?"

Mark Ran towards the Armory. He burst through the door Just as it Opened. He slowed down then Walked Towards a Room in the Armory That said "Spartan Armory" on the Door. He walked in, and Beyond him were Suits of MJOLNR Armor and Placeable Armor Permutations. Mark walked over to the Silver Armor and Pulled out a Spartan ODST Helmet, a set of EVA Shoulders, and a CQB Chest Plate. He walked over to a Bench that Had an A.I. Pedestal at the End of it, put Siegfried in the Pedestal, and sat down. He pulled off his Helmet, revealing a Young Looking Caucasian Face with Messy Dark Brown Hair. He Connected the Chest to his Armor, Locking it In. He then Took off his Shoulder Plates, then Put on the Ones He Picked out on. He then Took his Shoulders and Helmet to the Spartan Armor Lockers. He Opened his, revealing a Empty Armor Stand, and put his Mark VI Helmet and Shoulders on it. He closed the Locker, then Walked back to the Bench, and Put on the ODST Helmet. He then Put his Hand on the Pedestal, putting Siegfried in his head. He walked out of the Spartan Armory, went over to the Weapons Storage, and Picked out a Machine Gun Turret without a Tripod. He Then pulled out a Folding set of Hooks to Hang it on. He put The Turret on his Back. Siegfried then said "Ready to cause some Mayhem?".
mark replied "Yeah. Let's start this."

Lt.Smith was walking threw a small town, which looked similar to an old England town, with a 9 story clock tower in the middle. He signaled his platoon of marines and a couple of ODST to stop. The Lt. turned around and whispered to the sergeant harrison that he needed a runner. The message went threw the platoon, a private stepped out and ran to Lt. when he got there he said,"Private willaims reporting sir", ''good'' we need you to run across this street to that two story building," we will lay down covering fire for you" the Lt. said. The private sprinted across the road as fast as he could, then the Lt. heard two snipers go off, and instanly that SSgt.Smith and Cpl. Hayes were shooting at them. Lt. Smith showed a little grin under his ODST helment. He had been wanting to test the ability of his two snipers for a while now.
The Lt. ordered to throw smokes and as soon as the smokes went off the Lt. said "run!!" they all took of across the road as fast as they could, luckly they made it across without any causualties. They had to flank this building that would be the only way to get them. I need three more runners the Lt. ordered, this time one of his fellow ODST's moved up along with two marines. I need you three to flank the opposite side of the street. Yes Sir, they said and were off, the squad popped smokes for the three of them as they took off, but this time the snipers wre timing them, and watching thier speed, suddenly the wind stopped amd there was a quick three shots and the middle marine dropped.
His men were getting destroyed, and their was nothing he could do about it, he felt helpless, he hated that feeling. The Lt. called for Sgt. Harrison to set up charges on the building, so they could blast there way into the clocktower. "ten seconds'' said Sgt. Harrison, a blast went off causing the wall to blow away. The Lt. and his platoon rushed the clock tower, running up the many flghts of stairs. They got to the 9th floor were the snipers were located, the team stoped at the door. Lt. Smith gave the handsignal to hold your position. One of the marines walked up to the Lt. and said over a com channel "im ready to go in sir" the Lt. said back "good to hear, move up." As soon as the marine stepped in the door way a flash bang went off, but the squad had prepared for the worse and ahead of time turned there darkness contrast on, so it didn't affect them. The platoon walked into the room, the Lt. noticed the ropes, and as he turned around the sniper team shot the three marines that were near the door. The Lt. ,Sgt. Harrison, and another ODST rushed the window, trying to quickly hook, the cable to themselves, so they could jump out the building. The ODST on the right of the Lt. got shot and fell backwards out the window, Sgt. Harrison jumped. Then the Lt. pulled the pin out of his gernade and threw it, but in the process he got shot in the chest twice. by the time he hit the ground the gernade went off destroying the sniper team in the clocktower. He got out of the Training simulator, and told everyone good job, then walked over to his brother and Cpl. Hayes and said," everyone has there good days and there bad days." with a grin

SSgt. Smith ,said smiling,"you just bearly got us this time, but next time your going down." Walking away with his hand up waving backwards Lt. Smith said," yeah, you just keep on telling yourself that.", " oh yeah go back to the barracks and get some sleep, thats an order SSgt." The SSgt. went back to the barracks and got some sleep.
........8 hours later the SSgt. woke up from a bad dream thinking about his child hood and why he had joined the ODST, it was to get back at the brutes for slaughtering his family on havest. he sat there helpless as the brutes killed his father and mother. He was helpless, then but now if a brute comes within a mile its going to die!! Well on the bright side he found his brother,and requested to stay in his squad since he was the only family member he had left. He knew he would have the same dream, so he didn't even try to go back to sleep. instead he put a blind fold on and took his gun apart and put it back together in 45 seconds flat. He was tired of watching people die, it was time to show the brutes what a sniper can do to there ranks!!!

The next day, Lt. Smith walked in to the barracks. He saw Cpl. Hayes moping around. "You still bummin' about the training excercise, Matt?"

"Well, sir, you are the most bad-ass el-tee around...we almost had you though; that brother of yours is a hell of a shot. Then again, I'm sure the covenant are too damn stupid to pull a maneuver like that. Speaking of which, when are we gonna get to see some real action? I wanna see what color the covenant bleed."

"Don't worry, Corporal...you'll get your chance soon enough. We gotta go help out some marines stationed down in one of our ammo depots in the planet below."

Exitement flared into Hayes's gray eyes. "When, sir?"

"That depends...how fast you think you can get your gear and get your sorry ass on a pelican?"

I had spent the past half hour talking with Bethany about moving her stuff into my suite, alittle awkward considering its not really an apartment. Still it was good to get something in my stomach at the mess hall, some good ole fashioned scrambled eggs and bacon, with hashbrowns....well that is until Bethany stole my hashbrowns. Time was rolling and I was sure Kayln would have a ton of questions for me. We have been growing a unspoken bond. She knew what i would say and i knew what was going on through her matrices.

Since I had gotten promoted to General and enlisted with ONI as a field agent. They want to make sure I get out of every instance alive. So engineers had delivered the first batch of ODST prototype V.III battle suits for my enlisted ODSTs on the Incarnate, being three hardened divisions and two "soft" divisions. We had been in this deserted area in space for a few weeks now, and only the other day Admiral Deferian arrived for a second time, but with a two repair stations, for restocking of the warheads and missiles and the Prototype Equipment.

I walked up to the final bulkhead door and waited for it too open, it slowly hissed as the door way parted allowing me entry into the calibration labs. I looked around the labs and noticed Admiral Deferian talking with Kayln about something, I couldn't exactly make it out but something about the new weapons diagnostics.

The Admiral had noticed me looking and gave me a quick glance, I looked away as engineers began escorting me onto a diagnostic platform. I looked around and saw the engineers give some quick signs, gesturing to the others to suit me up. I began feeling the difference in the armor as the started from bottom up. The armor felt lighter but had the essence of safety as i could feel the padding that covered areas where there were holes and chinks that the previous versions had. It had a relative basic design as the second. The the plates covered more in the front as well with the breast plate reaching to the sides. One of the most notable features was the new miniature generator that was embedded in the armor but with two exhaust ports on the lower back, that gave off a blue light. Shoulders were a little more lengthy and covered more of the arm than just the bicep, and the gauntlet was reformed to a cylindrical state rather a rectangular.

I felt complete, that is until a tech engineer passed me the helmet. I took a second to take it in. The face plate was divided into five planes, with a high tint of silver. The helmet had finally been upgraded with its own lighting and an electric plasma pulse emitter, which has shown some degree of being able to disable covenant technology but not humans. Oni had spent quite a few years developing that emitter hoping to have it ready during the war of the Covenant, but was continually put off till some years later Valstaff green lighted it and engineers finished their designs.

I took the helmet and placed it on my head and waited, three seconds passed and I heard a <hiss> as the helmet locked and pressurized itself in under thirty seconds. The HUD began displaying messages.

<div align="center"><<<START UP PROCESS INITIATED>>></div>
<div align="center">AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED
PLEASE WAIT AS RETINA IS SCANNED
COMPLETE
AUTHORITY GRANTED:
GENERAL MAJOR JAHRAD AKALAR
MALE
6"1' HEIGHT
187LBS
ODST 716TH CMPNY DIVISION

<<<<<<<<<<INITIALIZING POWER
.....SYSTEM CHECK
...VITALS-------100%
...ARMOR EFFICIENCY------100%
...POWER-------100%
...SHIELDS------100%
...COM SYTM------100%

<<<<<<<<<<SYSTEMS MEET REGULATION
<<gReEn lIgHt>>

COMPLETING POWER FLUX

<<BOOTING COMPLETE>>
</div>

As the suit finished the engineers asked me to do simple tasks with the new armor within the circular pedestal, which lit up as holograms appeared. Each hologram different from the last as i complete each task, accuracy, reflex, stamina, strength. As I was green lighted to step off, the Admiral walked my way, and gave a slight assured nod as she left the lab.

"Alright General, we already have your personal squad waiting over at HTG (HolographicTrainingGround) Field 3. And your company has already been fitted in with their issued armor, so its just a matter of time of getting used to it." One of the engineers said with an accomplished look.

I nodded and made my way over to the field down the hall. Once I got there I was amazed to see, my six man squad in an holo encounter. I watched as Ryan dove for cover pulling off three shot with his magnum hitting a grunt and a jackal.
Kevin and Stephanie laid down covering fire with the new pulse rifles. The pulse rifles were a solid single shot burst, the carbine was infused with covenant plasma energy that focused on the catalyst within the chamber and drapes the shot with plasma conduit, allowing the bullet to travel straight through energy shields.
Another five minutes passed and I was truly surprised to see that they had achieved a 98% kill ratio.

"Alright you had your fun with the program. Take ten, then report back. I'll be the next challenge DRAGOONS" I ordered.

After the engagement on Makos, the survivors of Alpha and Beta squad formed the Dragoon Retinue, in remembrance to those that was lost on Makos. Our strength and tact is fueled by those we lost and cared about, and how we wish to to them good. Thus Dragoon, a warrior of great strength and power as well as knowledge and emotion, served a perfect name for the seven of us.

--------------

The Com systems flickered on and an ensign acknowledged. "We have open Coms to the UNSC Conqueror" the ensign reported over the bridge.

Kayln appeared in front of the Com screen. "I am sorry for the wait UNSC Conqueror, but it Seems the Vice Admiral is retired for the evening is there something I may help you with?" She said with a puzzled look over her holographic face.

From the back of the Bridge, she moved forward. "Or is there something I may help you with Captain" she said, while walking up to the Com screen next to Kayln, where her UNSC Tag read Admiral Eva Deferian, with four silver stars underlining it.

Mark walk down the corridor to where Regnas, The Rebels, and a Handfull of Marines were waiting. He contacted The Explosives Marine Overseer Micheal Jenkins over his Radio "Micheal, we need to destroy the Loyalist ship, Do you have anything?" Micheal Responded over the Radio. "Depends on How big the Core is, and how we can get there with it." "Affirmative. Mark out." Mark then Ran to the Cafeteria, where everyone was waiting. Mark Then stood in front of everyone and said Firmly, "Men. We have no choice but to destroy the Enemy Ship. Regnas, do you know a way into the Core?" Regnas Replied, "The only way to get to it by ship is to go through is to Dock the Ship in the Hanger in front of the Core Room, but the doors and walls surrounding the core room are made of 5 inches of Titanium, including the Hanger Door. So someone will have to go into an open Hanger or from a Tunnel leading to and from the Roof of the ship."
Mark then said, "How big is the Core?"
Regnas said "It is as tall as three of my Race. And as wide as 2 of our Race."
Mark sighed and contacted Micheal. "Micheal, the core is as tall as 3 Squids and as wide as 2."
"Wow.", said Micheal. "I think an Eagle Down Mega Anti-Matter Charge would Work."
"Good. I'm going into the ship. When I need you to bring it to the Core, I'll call you, send my Cordinates, and you need to bring it by Pelican."
"Yes Sir!", said Micheal, then cut off the Signal.
Mark turned around and said "I need a group of Squids and a Group of ODSTS to fill up a Pelican in the Hanger! I need one Squid to pilot a Boarding Ship out of an Airlock! All rest, defend this Ship!". Everyone shouted "Sir Yes Sir!" and Ran off. The Squid to Pilot the Boarding Ship stayed and followed Mark to the Airlock.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark and the Squid Ran to the Airlock Nearest to The Enemy Ship. When they got to the Airlock, Mark Ordered the Squid to extract the Boarding Shop. As the Squid went in the Ship Siegfried said "The Ship is Below us. You'll have to Jump."
mark Said " I know."

Lt. Smith ordered his platoon of 30 men to get there gear on, and board the pelicans to get to the planet below to help out some marines, within minutes 30 men were lock and loaded ready to jump into hell feet first! they all boarded up on the pelicans and dropped. ETA in 20 minutes the piliot said. 5 minutes later the 5 pelicans were flying over the ocean. SSgt. Smith and Cpl. Hayes were aiming out the back of the pelican waiting for anything thet even thought about moving. they just passed the beach line when they started getting hit by AA fire. The pelicans narrowly dodged AA fire, the pelican just reached the building line, about 2 minutes since they had entered the town mortor rounds went off hitting 2 of the 5 pelicans, one of which was the Lt.'s. Brace yourself the Lt. said, as they hit the ground the pelican flipped sending the ODST out the back of the pelican. When he got up he instantly turned around looking for his team seeing if they were ok. Is everyone ok the Lt. said, Cpl. Hayes said the piliot's are dead, and so are two marines. Ok, team regroup, we got to get to that other pelican so we can give them support.''looks like were walking'', the Lt. said.
2 hours later...It was starting to turn dark they, were about 2 kilometers from the pelican, all they could here was ma5k rounds going off.'' SSgt. Smith, Cpl. hayes get on that hotel roof top and get a good sniping postion, to cover Sgt. Harrison and me. The SSgt. opened a com channel with the Lt. and said "were ready to go Sir'', good then Lt. said then the Lt. and the Sgt. leaned around the corner to look into the plaza, there were 7 total jackal snipers on the rof top. Bro you two take out the snipers" "with pleasure" the SSgt. said. there were 7 shots from his sniper team and 7 jackals dropped from the roof top. The brutes new we were hear now and we needed to get to that pelican. The Lt. told the Sgt. to move up and get into postion. As the Sgt. was running up to a new position, a brute blew threw an apartment wall, throwing the Lt. to the ground. The Lt. new he was in trouble. he went to shoot it, but it quickly nocked the gun out of the Lt.'s hands, he was under a 500 pound brute getting beat to a pulp the Lt. grabbed energy sword out of his left shoulder holster and stabbed the brute with it causeing it to fall over on him, he pushed it off of him and picked up his battle rifle. He was lucky this time he wouldn't be next time.

Cpl. Hayes panicked as he saw the el-tee's vitals flash on his HUD.

"Lieutenant? Lieutenant, are you alright?,"he yelled over the comm.

"Im fine...gimme a SIT-REP...

"They just keep coming, sir. Me and Smith are trying to thin the numbers, but they just...keep...coming! Sir, what should we...holy hell! Mitchellson get the hell out of there! Go!"

"What the hell's going on, Hayes?!"

"Hold on...Transmitting video feed to your helmet..."

The lieutenant's face became pale as he saw the giant assault platform lumbering through the city, destroying everything in its wake. A Scarab.

"So, you want me to find out what triggered the Covenant sensors?" The Naval Ensign seemed a little confused. SPARTAN-137 sighed. "Yes, check what happend. I want to know as soon as I get out of the next SIM." The Ensign saluted and retreated to the command box.

Justin hit his COM. "Charlie, I need you down here. We're going to run the demolitions SIM. Joe, take a break or run the sniper SIM. I want you ready for the mission." Both green lights flashed. Justin only had to wait a moment before Charlie stepped through the door in the SIM chamber, a matte black room with neon strips arranged in a grid. Each box could extend inwords to change the terrain. An elaborate hologram and suit control did the rest.

Charlie checked his gear, and dumped his pack in a locker embeded in a wall. "Not going to need that thing anymore." He unslung his flamethrower and stood at Justin's side. 137 unlimbered the M247, racking the bolt. "Run the stealth and demolitions SIM, Ensign."

"Affirmative."

The room instantly changed to a Covenant city and industrial area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They where standing in what appeared to be an alley. Trash littered the ground. It would appear that cities are the same everywhere you go. Justin shook the non-vital thought from his head. He signaled to the alleyway's edge, ordering Charlie to take up position at one of the sides. He jogged forward, and Justin did the same.

He quickly leaned out. He spotted a troop of Brutes walking along the roadside, accopmanied by a Spectre. He returned to cover. Charlie returned from his check. "A couple'a Grunts, and a Shadow transport. All appear to be rather relaxed. Shouldn't be a problem." Justin nodded, "Yeah, same over here. Spectre with only a driver." He motioned to the opposite alley way, across the road. Charlie nodded and sprinted out from cover. He made it to the opposite side without being spotted. He waved to Justin.

Justin dropped out from cover and sprinted towards the gap in the purple buildings. Right as he got past the brutes line of sight, he heard a bark of surprise. A brute had seen him. He made a couple of quick gestures to Charlie, who nodded. They both flattened themselves in an alcove. The brute's foot steps drew closer. Justin removed a razor edged combat blade from its sheath on his shoulder and handed his rifle to Charlie. The brute stepped into the alley way, sniffing. Justin thanked the engineers who had sealed the suits. The brute, still suspicious walked further into the alley, passing their hiding space.

Charlie signaled with a flash of one finger, he's the only one. Justin nodded again, and stepped out behind the brute, whisper silent. When he was inches from the huge figure, he tapped its shoulder.

The brute spun, stunned. For a moment, both SPARTAN and brute stared at each other.

Before the brute could even utter the word 'Demon', Justin plunged the blade into the underside of the creatures jaw, penetrating the brain. The brute's eyes rolled, and blood dripped from his mouth. Justin ripped the knife out of the creature, tearing the flesh with the barbs. The brute started to collapse, but 137 caught him, and lowered him gently.

Over a point-laser COM, Charlie spoke up. "Sir, what are we going to do with the body?". Justin shrugged. "Nothing. It isnt as if the brutes aren't already on alert. With that naval engagement overhead, I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T suspect we where here."

Charlie nodded agreement. He unslung a grappling hook from his belt. It was specially padded for stealth missions, and would barely make a clank. He twirled it twice, then let it loose at the roof of the building they stood against. It caught. He started the 150 foot climb. Justin followed.

They just made it to the roof when the other brutes noticed their fallen comrade. They howled in rage, not noticing the black nylon cable that dangled next to them.

By the time the gorilla like creatures contacted their command, Justin and Charlie where nearly a mile away, hopping across rooftops.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nearly 8 hours later, Justin and Charlie arrived at the final demo-point. Charlie dropped his flamethrower and removed the tape, running it around a few conduits. He slashed it with his blade and stepped back. "Sir, final charge rigged." Justin visibly relaxed. "Excellent. We need to make our way to the extraction point."

They broke into a low sprint towards the largest structure in the area, a mile high Covenant structure with a flat top. A UNSC Pelican was supposed to pick them up there, using a specially designed exfiltration system. They arrived at the entrance to the building. Justin stepped through the door. 9 Brutes where standing just inside, Spikers drawn. A pair of them held Brute Shots. Justin flashed his red light and dove for cover, firing his M247 single handed. He hit the ground and rolled behind a decerative pillar. Spikes richocheted across the metal surfacing. "Charlie, pack of brutes, 10 meters." A green light flashed.

Charlie stepped through the door, flamethrower leveled. He clicked the 'Stream' setting and pulled the trigger. A flaming stream of defoliant burst from the muzzle, washing over the brutes and igniting their fur. Howling, 3 fell where they stood. The other 6 sprinted for cover, fur alight. Charlie followed them with the stream of fuel. Justin thought he could hear him laughing with glee over the flame troopers speakers.

As another Brute fell, Justin stepped from around his cover, weapon raised. He fired quick three round bursts, taking out two others. Charlie was slowly walking forward, spraying defoliant all around the room. It stuck where it hit, burning. The room temperature had jumped nearly 300 degress, and Justin heard his suit fans whine.

He leapt over a puddle of fire and made his way to what he presumed to be a lift. Charlie released the trigger and jogged towards him. Justin had a nagging suspicion that the other SPARTAN was grinning from ear to ear. 601 ejected the fuel tank and slapped a new one in with a satisfying click. Justin motioned for him to cover the lift doors. He hit the command.

Moments later, the door opened. Charlie thumbed the 'Spray' mode, and released a fireball. Inside, Justin heard the familiar sound of Grunt fuel tanks exploding. The fire stopped. Both SPARTANs stepped inside, crushing the charred remains of the grunt squad. The ride only took moments to reach the top.

"SPARTAN-137 to Pelican Sierra Romeo Niner One Two, we are ready for a pickup." His COM crackled, then the Pelican replied. "Copy that, Black Team. Sierra Romeo Niner One Two is inbound on a North-Western tragectory. Plan accordingly. Out."

Justin dumped his rifle and pulled a steel tube off of his back with 800 meters of cable attached to it. He pointed the open end of the tube towards the sky, searching for a triangle comprised of 6 white lights. He spotted it, about 9 miles away. 30 seconds.

Charlie dumped his weapon and grabbed the end of the cable, attaching a clamp to a point on his back. He selected another clamp and attached it to Justin's back.

When the Pelican was in range, about 2 miles, SPARTAN-137 fired the tube. A small missle streaked off towards the dropship. It flew for about 10 seconds, before it was magnetically grabbed by a special device in the back of the Pelican. It bound the cable to a mooring point.

The dropship screamed over head, taking with it the slack from their cable. Both SPARTANs ran for the edge of the building and lept. They where in free fall for seconds, before the cable went taught and the Pelican gained altitude. The soldiers dangled underneath.

The aircraft started retracting the cable, bring the two into the blood tray. A single Marine stood inside, manning both the turret and the winch. He nodded to the SPARTANs. "Simulation is now over."

The room's texture dematerialized, and it returned to it's normal state.

Andrews read the service tag, saw the stars and his posture went from parade ground attention to ramrod straight. A full admiral, I’d better watch my step, he thought as he snapped of a crisp salute. But if anyone can give me Intel on this mission she can.
“Yes ma’am” he said, still standing at rigid attention.
“I was wondering if I could get some more information on the intended target of our mission, something to keep the infantry occupied. It’s just that they’ve been on board for 2 weeks waiting for orders and there have already been a number of incidents between themselves and them and the ships crew, 3 in the last 20 minutes. We can only run 2 companies at a time in our training area and the rest of the time there free to roam the ship and cause as much havoc as they like. We also only have a small number of MP’s compared to the massive numbers of troops on board and honestly ma’am, they can’t keep up.” Andrews stayed rigidly to attention and waited to see what the admiral had to say.

----------

Ryan tore down the street, his feet pounding on the concrete. Frank was a few feet ahead of him trying to raise help on the radio.
“Delta zero, Delta zero this is Gladiator two, we are being pursued by enemy hunter killer team, please advise on location of nearest friendlys, over” A succession of bullets thudded into the wall behind Ryan, he ducked slightly and kept running.
“Gladiator two nearest friendly forces are half a click to your west over” Frank vaulted over a road block made by the burnt out shell of a warthog and kept running, Ryan followed suit as rounds bit into the dust behind him. They rounded a corner and came to crossroads
“Split up, go for ERV 1” Frank yelled, before taking the left road.
“Copy that” Ryan yelled back and sprinted straight across. He pulled up the position of the emergency RV on his TAC map and marked it with a way point. His map in the bottom right of is HUD showed a green arrow pointing him the way to go. He could hear the hunter force had reached the crossroads. Best get moving he thought and sprinted away following the green arrow.

Cpl. you got to stay in there, don't worry about it now! Its about 3/4 a mile, near the bridge, or main priority is to get these marines out of this damn pelican. Marines set up flanking positions were going to have to get them out the hard way. Sgt. Harrison set up a anti-tank mine in the middle of the plaza. "We'll cover you", the Lt. said as he crouched shooting 3 brutes down, then pulling his spartan laser of his back and shooting the captain brute down. A pack run at the platoon, the anti-tank mine went off killing the hole pack. You Marines ok the Lt. yelled from a covered area, "Yes Sir" the Sgt. said as he and 5 marines walked up, We need to take out that scarab any bright ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back