The Official 405th RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
There they were, inside the ship, Elites hunkered down behind crates hiding, trying to grasp the events that just happened.
Z04 was kneeled down beside a terminal of the Cruiser holding a datapad.

"Z04 what is your name, I no longer wish to know you by call sign alone.."
"Ramo' Etforam" he responded.
"Ramo what have you found out?"
"Sir, this ship was very under staffed, it looks like most of the combatants were deployed on the ground when Eerie detonated his bomb."
"The manifest shows the flight crew, engineers and tons of the element are now aboard. Maintenance logs show that this ship sustained a lot of damage in a recent battle. I am unable to control the ship remotely but I have been able to unlock and route us from here to the flight deck and locked the doors of the barracks, mess hall and other militant partitions of the ship."
"Excellent work."
Ugco stood up he didn't want to lead - he wasn't ready to lead, this was only his fifth mission - but because Eerie had deemed him leader of the spec ops team and he was now bound to it until command from a shipmaster - or death.
The cargo bay was dimly lit he could see engineers floating about sorting the mineral boxes and shuffling to and fro.

"We are making our way to the flight deck, from there we will join our brothers in orbit."
The rag tag team moved down the corridors of the Cruiser.
It seemed like eternity as the group took the twists and turns of the corridors, they walked ever ready to fight - Ugco didn't trust the manifest - they could have easily took a combatant transfer and not recorded it.
When they got to the flight deck door, Ugco looked to his team and said,

"We will do this with stealth."
Ugco and the other Elites faded from site, the only proof they were there was the door opening and closing in front of them.
The Elites spread through the room, the flight crew were mostly Jackals supervised by one brute who was lazily slumped in his chair. Ugco slipped behind him and drew his blade; he ignited it and made one swift chop. Ugco had moved to his next target before the brute’s head fell to the floor - the Elites made quick work of the flight crew.

The Elites took up positions on the controls of the ship, Ugco sat at pilot -
"Lock the Deck doors, we don't want any visitors." He looked at the controls to the ship; they looked a lot like the controls of the banshee, spirit, and phantom. He guessed that the controls had been made standard so that as Elites moved the ranks they wouldn't have to relearn flight controls.. a good enough plan he supposed.
Ugco grabbed the two spheres and pulled them back, the ship responded by rearing up in the same direction. He pushed the spheres forward and with a displacing jolt the ship thundered away the minig facility below melted away and burned from the heat of the engines - Ugco didn't realize the power and sensitivity of the cruiser, he eased back on the spheres and the ship slowed to a climb into the atmosphere.

Aboard the Splendor's Vengeance
Johnson and Alse had just finished wiping out the last Covenant navy, the final few ships made a slip space jump.
"Sir we got one incoming," Johnson said as he displayed the cruiser on screen.
"Fire at wi..."
"Wait a minute sir" Johnson interrupted "Thats got our boys on it, I am pinging their signals now!"
Another view screen came on with Ugco in it, "Sir we have commandeered this ship, we have lost many including Eerie, we have loads of the mineral and no infections."
Alse sighed relief, the lack of the infection was great.
"Sir we have one hell of a situation on the surface," Johnson interrupted.
He pulled up yet another screen then zoomed in on the crashed Pride, the sand appeared to move around it,
"Sir that is flood infection forms heading towards that ship, humans in the middle."
"Create a perimeter around the survivors, lay down plasma so that the humans have a safe hole inside, try to keep the flood from them."
Johnson nodded and a red ring appeared around the downed ship.
"Goin' loud"
Johnson said as he simultaneously sent transitions to all the human vessels alerting them to his friendly intentions, they should be glad since only they had the technology to lay down a suppressive fire like this and let go the first volley of plasma.
The huge bolts of plasma struck down in four separate spots and rotated clockwise creating a perimeter of smoldering glass, the infection forms that were there were incinerated and many more popped as they jumped onto the smoldering glass.

"Well we can only hold them off a little while." Johnson said.
"Maybe the humans will have enough time to get off that rock."
Johnson nodded and sent another message urging the humans to hurry while they created a barrier for them.

EDIT: Corrected the incorrectitude of my story. For anyone who read it all ready.. NO HUMANS were with me I got my story confused.

"WE SHALL NOT PERMIT YOU!" A booming voice echoed through the Generator room. Crawling out through holes and vents in the ceiling, they continued to crawl along the walls, surrounding us, and then the flood just stopped.

"I HAVE ENDURED SOLITUDE FOR TOO LONG, AND MY OBLITERATION WILL NOT COME!" The booming voice continued to speak, but we were done for if I couldn't think of something.

"Terra Formation, Squads on three...THREE!" I yelled. Almost instinctively the ODSTs lined up with me threw their frag grenades across the open pit toward the sides. And in complete sync the remaining ODSTs fired their Battle Rifles aimed at the grenades. A shower of explosives covered the spherical room, except a one part of the room where one missed.

I had turned to see three flood brute combat forms jump across the room assaulting my soldiers mid air and tackling them off the catwalk, and plummeting into the dark abyss below us. I was with out emotion, I turned to meet another flood form jumping towards me. I aimed and shot it, mid air, and watched as it fell short of the catwalk. "DEFENSE FORMATION B!" I yelled over the com as I ran across the suspended bridge. I saw out of the corner of my eye 562 disintegrate another flood form with her defense laser. My ODSTs fell back to the main platform and maintained back to back for full protection view.

The console was in front of me know. I hit the giant glowing button and platform extended a bit farther giving me access to the Forerunner Transfusion Generator. I pulled off the Ion Core and slipped it in its place, twisting to lock it in place. The humming of electrical conduit began erupting through room. "THIS IS LT. AKALAR, EVAC IS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY. ALL FRIENDLY UNSC FORCES MUST EVAC MAKOS WITHIN FIVE MINUTES!"
I began running back to my squads, noticing that 562 had opened an locked doorway, which hopefully lead us out of this hellhole. I signaled to the squads to move out.

"I SHALL NOT HAVE A SOLITARY DEATH!" Suddenly I saw it, its tentacles wrapped around six of my ODSTs, and the rest opened fire, hoping to rescue them. I continued running across the catwalk hoping to reach my squads. Then it caught me, constricting my ankle it yanked me into the air over the catwalk. "YOUR DEATH IS AT THE HANDS OF THE FLOOD, THE GRAVEMIND, THE PARASITE. WE DO NOT DIE FOREVER, I WILL RETURN!"

I saw the creature fling my soldiers against the room, hitting the walls, I watched as their limpless bodies fell into darkness. Suddenly pain drew up my side as I hit the catwalk. The tentacle around my ankle bloody as the appendage was shot off. I began running back toward the squads. I looked for a weapon, a pistol located on my front chest. I pulled it from my holster and began taking shots at the beast that loomed over the room. "GO, GO!" I yelled. The remaining six ODSTs began striding backwards providing me cover fire. I pulled from my side satchel, two sonic grenades and tossed them behind me as I ran through the door.

Sitting in the seat closest to the open Pelican drop hatch, Justin swept the covered ground with his .50 Cal, firing on targets as they presented themselves. Ericka sat next to him, unconscious. Also in the Pelican Blood Tray was a Marine and a pair of medics. The lone Marine manned the huge chain gun that was mounted on the rear of the aircraft, and, like 137, fired on targets as they had the poor decision making skills as to leave cover. The two medics examined Ericka, shaking their heads.

"This is SPARTAN-137 to all personel currently in and around the wreckage of the Titan's Pride, evacuate the ship. Get to a Pelican and disembark when it is filled to capacity. Repeat, get to a transport. We are dealing with a Hydro class event. This is not a drill."

The Pelican he sat in looped around the wreckage of the magnificent spacecraft. Her engines still had the faint blue glow of the sublight engines and patches of the hull still had their regulation olive green paint. Even he, only a ground pounder, would regret the loss of this beautiful ship.

The Pelican touched down on the low side of the Pride, where all of the Pelicans where housed and personel walked around, preparing to leave. He opened his COM frequency again.

"I need a group of about 7 soldiers to take the last Pelican out of here."

He waited a couple of minutes untill a small condingent of soldiers approached him. One of them, and freckled lieutenant, snapped off a quick salute. "Sir, here is your fireteam."

The SPARTAN nodded. "Set up positions around the interior of that hangar door," He said, indicating the low end of the bay, "And hold your fire untill my command."

In the few minutes that the Marines took to set up positions, 3 out of the Prides contingent of 18 remaining Pelicans took off. Justin looked out of the bay, and upped his visor magnification. He could see the flowing sea of Flood forms. Hydro was an appropriate name. A few soldiers in the bay saw the forms as well, and many started running to transports.

"Hold your fire untill the Flood reach those rocks!" Justin indicated a pile of boulders, 30 meters away. He hefted his massive weapon with his remaining hand and stood waiting. 4 more Pelicans lifted off and where away.

It was a tense final moment, before the Flood reached the rocks. All of the crew whom had not seen the creatures had now, and all where loaded on Pelicans, ready to leave.

The Flood reached the rocks.

"Open fire!" Justin shouted over the COM. Hundreds of rounds suddenly filled the air in front of the open hangar door. Soldiers on mounted triple barreled chain guns fired full automatic into the fleshy balloons, while others blasted away with MA5Cs. Shotgun blasts echoed around the chamber and an M19 rocket flashed into the wave, blowing a massive chunk of the forms to kingdom come. Justin himself fired his M247 as accurately as he could with his only arm, and constantly checked back to see how many Pelicans where left.

When only 4 remained, he signaled to the soldiers to begin retreating. Over his COM, he shouted to the remaining 3 Pelicans that had filled to get out. They complied with a massive increase in their engine output and immediatly left the deck, heading for the sky.

"Brake ranks, Marines! Run for it!" Justin shouted the final order over the COM, and the Marines did exactly as they where told without need of a second command. Justin dropped his M247 and unholstered his SMG, firing into the Flood, which had gotten past the hangar doors. Bullets zinged over his head as the Marines in the Pelican fired.

When the SMG was empty, he dropped it and sprinted towards the Pelican, which had taken off and was slowly flying over the deck 7 feet above it. With one final leap, he landed in the troop bay. A Marine flipped a switch on the console and the hatch sealed. The Pelican blasted away from the Pride.

He sat down on one of the seats heavily and removed his helmet. He scratched the blonde stubble that covered his head and cheeks. "Excellent work, Marines. I'll see to it that you all get medals."

[ End my story arc ]

Makos High Orbit

The Elite Cruiser was docked with the stolen Covenant cruiser. The Elites had cleared out what was left of the Covenant loyalist on board. A few of them even declared allegiance to the Elites rather than be destroyed.
Ugco had handed the controls of the cruiser over to a more capable pilot while he went back to the barracks aboard Splendor's Vengeance. He now sat on a bench in the medical quarters. He was slowly removing his armor, though none fatal he had received several injuries in the battle, which were begging to become quite sore with the lack of adrenaline. He removed his last piece of armor and placed it in the collection bin. He walked into a tube and placed a face shield over his jaws and nose. A glass door slid up as a green coalescing gel began to fill the chamber, full of antiseptics, local anesthesia agents and nano-technology. Ugco was nearly asleep from the gas/oxygen mixture coming to him in the mask, the gel passed over his head and he was in a sleep stasis regaining his rest as the gel mended his wounds. The regeneration tanks were a great new improvement that Elites had developed since the Great Schism.

-On the Control Deck-

"We are close to Sanghelios now." Alse was speaking with Johnson. He tapped a few buttons on his control panel. Alse was much more relaxed now that his crew was back on board and the Covenant fleet had been routed from here. Even though Johnson had left a subroutine with him Alse knew Johnson’s full attention was in the laboratories on board with the other engineers and what few scientifically inclined there where on a battle cruiser. The new mineral had quite excited the geeky onboard.
Alse had a hard decision to make, return and aid the battle group or take the new mineral discovery to Sanghelios where it could be properly studied. He sighed and liglty murmured
'Sorry brothers'. He tapped a few more times on the glyphs of the control panel, he had programmed a course for Sanghelios. He pressed a few more buttons and transmitted his intents to the other cruiser, at Sanghelios the cruiser would be retrofitted repaired and designated into the Sangheli navy. Alse watched a large display screen as RFID tags ferried upwards towards the UNCS Ships, the humans were nearly all off the planet save one small patch, whose IDs flickered from visible to not; ever so often. He tapped a button and recorded a short message.
"This is Alse Nordeer, Headmaster of Splendor's Vengeance. We are breaking ranks and returning to Sanghelios, the Covenant fleet has been routed from here, your troops are almost evacuated, our assistance is no longer required. Ensure you do not ferry any infection onto your ship."
Alse tapped the button to stop recording and then pressed the broadcast on open channel, sending it out to the UNSC Vessels. He tapped a few more buttons and the panels dimmed, the space in front of the cruiser rippled and a whole tore from no where, the ship auto piloted itself through the whole and into slipsace. Alse turned and walked away down the ramp and out of the command deck; he went to his quarters to prepare for his first return to Sanghelios in a LONG while.

[End my story arc]

I could still hear the creature banging against the door. I looked up at what was left of my ODSTs. I had lost too many memories back there, but their death wont be in vain as long as we are still alive. I gave a nod to the group and i began running up the corridor, taking a small ascending twist through another automated door. It was only another thirty seconds that our sprinting lead us to a cave opening that over looked the Prides landing zone from a plateau.

'Lieutenant we have bio signature confirmation, pick up is ready in one.' A voice said through the com.

I could see over the plateau's ridge the small pin point outline of the Pelican making its way to us. It stopped in mid air and pivoted its rear loading hatch to us and began descending. I knew it was her as soon as i saw that hair swaying in the wind...Delta 231, Bethany. She jumped out of the Pelican and ran to me, I nodded to the soldiers to get on the Pelican.

Bethany waited in front of me, until I stepped forward and hugged her. I could see the warmth generating from her eyes she missed me, no doubt in my mind she had been listening in on the comm for any intel on me. I held her to my side and we began walking back to the pelican.

UGHHH. Something hit me, pain had crawled up my back. I looked around and noticed I was flung against a rocky wall. My left arm cut deep, and bleeding, I couldn't move it. My hearing was coming back and I heard yelling in front of me, I tuned to see...a Spartan, the infected Spartan. I thought Ericka had dealt with him, and how in gods name was it moving in that one ton armor. I saw Bethany sprawled on her back, shooting at it with a M6G pistol. Her shots were making dents and blowing chunks and pieces off, but it wasn't enough.

The flood form stood over her, and swung down on her with its armored tentacle. I was stunned, I tried to move but it hurt immensely. I could see blood drawing from her chest and face, her screaming continued. The ODSTs already in the Pelican had been firing on the beast since it had appeared. One of the ODSTs jumped out of the Pelican to get to Bethany, but the monster turned on him. The flood Spartan had constricted the soldiers neck, he was being choked. I pulled the pistol I had on my chest and aimed it with my right hand and fired.

*DING* The shot bounced off the armor. I shot again.
*DING* Armor again. It turned to look at me, it then threw the soldier down. And began charging at me.

*CRACK* The shot broke the face plate. The golden pieces fell to the floor as it charged at me and dragged me up against the wall. It whacked the pistol out of my hand, and i stared down long and hard at the mutated face through the shattered face plate. I instinctively pulled a frag grenade from my pouch, and lodged it within the helmet, as it still held me up against the wall. I began feeling pain against my back as I kicked it in the chest.

Its hold on me loosened and I fell to the ground, as the grenade exploded. All I remember seeing was Bethany and my soldier being pulled into the Pelican. And things began to black out.

John sat, leaning against one of the pillars that formed the circular wall they hid behind.
"Any luck on the radio?" He asked Sticks, who sat barely a metre away. She shook her head.
"Damn. Musta been shorted out by the rocket-storm. Chuck me the Bio-Foam when you're done." He began unclipping his left shoulder-pad.
"Heads up." Sticks called as she threw the Bio-Foam canister to him. He caught it clumsily, and put it down. He finished removing the armour plate, and unsealed the undersuit. It broke into several pieces to allow medics to patch ODST's up easily. He injected to Bio-Foam into the spike wound. He grimaced. He wiped off the excess Foam before it could harden, and placed the canister on the ground. He flexed his left arm, and grimaced again.
"I can move it, but still hurts." He said, as he replace the armour, and sealed the undersuit.
"Can you hold a gun?" Sticks asked, as he picked up his assault rifle.
"Should be fine. My right arm'll take most of the weight. Hey, you got any Cerami-Tape? I must've dropped mine." Wordlessly, she tossed a tape bundle to him. He used the ceramic tape to patch the holes in his shoulder armour. He leaned back.
A shuffling sound seized their attention. A large metallic blue armoured Brute shuffled past them, oblivious in its pain. It was missing it's right forearm, and it's left leg had shards of shrapnel protruding all the way through both it's shin and it's thigh. It's helmet was missing, and blood poured out from a cut across it's face. It howled again, and sunk into a heap.
John looked at Sticks, then back at the Brute. The Brute's head snapped up, and it sniffed. It rose slowly to its feet, and raised a Mauler. It sniffed around, it's eyes apparently unseeing. John and Sticks locked gazes and nodded. They silently raised their weapons and opened fire. Their fire seemed to bounce off the brute's chestplate, but enough of the fire reached other parts of the creature to put it out of it's misery. It howled once more and fell to the ground.
Sticks and John moved slowly to the Brute, checking if it was dead. It seemed to stay still, even after several rounds to the head.
"It ain't getting up. At least, not now." Sticks said, as she bent down. She ran her hands over the edges of the armour, trying to find a seam. As if noticing John’s puzzled look, despite the opacity of their helmet visors, she spoke
“We’ve still got standing orders to retrieve any Covie tech we can, and we might as well see if we can get this stuff off.” She finally found a seam near the shoulder, and pulled. John moved to the other side of the Brute and pulled at the same point. The chest plate creaked slowly apart from the back plate, and fell onto the ground beside John. They rolled the Brute over, and pulled the back plate out, and onto the chest plate.
“Okay, so how’re we gonna carry them?”
“We could tape them together, and I could carry them.”
“Yeah, let’s do that.” They taped the two plates securely together, and then strapped them to John’s armour. Sticks clipped the mauler into John’s thigh holster, making sure it was gonna stay where it was.
“That oughta hold ‘em.” Sticks said as she tightened several straps, causing John to grunt. John sat down slowly, carefully. He closed his eyes, not sleeping, just resting. Or so he told himself.

A squelching sound tore John from his sleep. He stood up with difficulty, and stepped towards Sticks.
“What the hang is that sound?”
“Flood” John looked past her, and saw a sea of rotting flesh coloured blobs squelching towards them. The sight chilled him to his core. He’d seen, like everyone, what the Flood could do, would do. John gritted his teeth, and cocked his gun.
The Flood moved forward. Quickly, faster that either Sticks or John could’ve guessed, the first of the Flood were in range. John and Sticks opened fire. The balloon-like infection forms popped under the spray of lead.

The Flood moved forward. John reloaded.

The Flood moved forward. Sticks released a frag grenade, clearing a massive space in the Flood horde, only to see it filled near instantaneously.

The Flood moved forward. Sticks reloaded.

The Flood moved forward. John slipped his last magazine into his rifle. Just before he squeezed the trigger for what may have been the final time, he breathed in.
He breathed out. The ground shook. John grabbed onto one of the pillars, steadying himself the best he could. He looked up, to see Sticks had done the same. The ground shook.
A massive crevasse ripped across the plain beyond the stone circle, tearing the Flood horde in two. The ground steadied. John and Sticks picked of the Infection Forms on their side of the crevasse as best as they could.
“Well, that’s me out.” Sticks said, shaking her rife for emphasis.
“I’ve still got a few shots left.” John said.
The ground shook. Sticks and John grabbed each other, each steadying the other.
The ground shook. The crevasse widened, causing winds that picked up clouds of dust, and threw them around the plains. The clouds tore past John and Sticks, as they held themselves upright against the shaking of the ground. The ground stood still for a moment, and Sticks removed her helmet. Dust quickly began to stick to the thin film of condensation on her face. John followed suit.
Tears began to drive canals down her cheeks, and sobs shook her body.
“What’s wrong? Are you okay? You hurt?”
“I Don’t want to die.” She grabbed John and hugged him. John stood still for a moment.
“Sticks, calm down.” She pulled away, and looked at him through tear-reddened eyes.
John kissed her.

“Hate to break up your little date, but I believe you might want to leave.” The dust cleared, and a pelican descended, its rear door opening, revealing an ODST holding out his hand. John and Sticks looked at him sheepishly and broke apart.
Jamming on their helmets, they stepped up onto the Pelican’s Blood-tray.
“Alright, they’re on. We’re clear. Let’s go.” the ODST stepped back, as the aircraft lifted off.
John saw the ground rumble, quaking, as it shook itself apart. He sat down, uncomfortably aware of the brute armour on his back. Sticks sat across from him, struggling with the buckle.
BANG! A massive crash shook the pelican, shaking Sticks loose. She screamed, as she fell onto the Blood-tray. John immediately saw why. A massive, flood infected arm grasped her shin. Another arm appeared, and started hauling it’s massive body up. On its arms, despite the freakishly mutated flesh obscuring the body’s original colouring, was familiar metallic-blue armour. John scrabbled for his rifle, only to realise he’d stowed it moments before. As he fumbled, hoping to discover a side arm, his hand slid over an unfamiliar metallic shape. Looking down, he saw the Brute’s Mauler. He used his utility knife to cut it free, and opened fire.
The Brute roared, and slipped backwards. The second shot removed its head entirely. The body slid slowly out of the aircraft. John unbuckled himself and stood up. The weight on his back drastically slowed him down as he shuffled over to Sticks. She screamed again, and was pulled towards the opening. John grabbed hold of her arm, and tried to pull her back up. He felt her slipping, and he flung out his arm, trying to grab hold of something, anything to keep her from falling. The ODST that had helped them up was quickly beside him, holding the Mauler. He aimed at the Brute’s arm, and fired. The Brute’s body swung from the force, but didn’t let go.
Sticks screamed, as she slid further out. John felt himself sliding. He dug his feet into the ridges in the floor, but this only slowed him down. He felt a hand grab one of his armour straps, halting his downward slid. He turned, and saw a Marine, still strapped into his seat, arm out stretched.
“Thanks.” He grunted.
He changed his grip, and tried to pull Sticks up. Another crash rocked the Pelican, causing John to lose his grip.
Sticks slid out, and fell.
“HELP!” Sticks screamed, as she fell towards the ground.
“STICKS” John screamed.
He turned around, and started to stand up. The Pelican rocked again. John fell over, smashing his head against the floor.
“Sticks…” He moaned, as the world blurred, and blackened.
[End My Story Arc]

I could here the loud blaring sound of a siren. I could see only partially as I opened my right eye. The pelican was inside a hangar. What happened, did we make it, has the danger passed?

Five minutes ago.....

'Lieutenant!' The Soldier yelled while jumping out of the Pelican, MA5C on full auto. The creature continued to take hit after hit, but it continued its assault on the Delta 231. 'DIE ALREADY!' the ODST continued. The creature turned on him wrapping its tentacle appendages around the neck, slowly choking him. Lieutenant Akalar weak as he was pulled his firearm on the monster and pulled the trigger three times, with a successful hit on the third, shattering the visor. The monster dragging him up the rocky wall, snarling at him. The other ODSTs jumped out of the Pelican running to the Pelican Pilot Delta 231 and the choked ODST.

The monster starred back at the Lieutenant, just as he pulled a grenade into the visor, and he kicked back the monster, resulting in coming loose of the hold, just as the grenade went off over his head. The blast eliminating the upper torso of the body, shoving Mjolnir shrapnel into the rocky side. And the Lieutenant slumped over with an eye open as he saw his Soldiers working to save his newly loved one, and the other soldier. His eye closed and could feel that he was being lifted on to a hard surface, and the liftoff of the Pelican. Chatter over the Pelican's comm system could be heard.

'Repeat do you have them Zeta 93?' a said a voice.

'Roger they are on board, but immediate medical attention is needed, had a slight engagement at the pick up,' the pilot replied.

'Roger that, personnel will be ready,' the voice said.

The pelican continued through the atmosphere as the planet began having a meltdown. The continents began moving and creating earthquakes, magma could be seen spilling onto the land. The Pelican pushed forward, until it broke into clear space and moved forward toward the UNSC Battlegroup Manifestation. The Pelican entered the docking station of the Flagship Incarnate.

////

I could see bright lights, I was on something, something soft like a bed. I was being pushed, and then we stopped and I could see people, many people with white clothing, talking quickly.

'We have to get him stabilized...get the foam injector. I NEED THE NANO-NUTRIENT.' a woman was yelling.

'We're losing him, get the electrode pads.' she continued.

------------

'Admiral, the Lieutenant is onboard, we are awaiting the next course of action.' Kayln emerged on to the holo-pedestal.

'Good, Submit Order Code 136-21, a Slipspace jump out and then we all regroup. We've already wounded the Loyalists as much as we can today.' Valstaff said.

'Yes Sir,' Kayln opened the com channels to the Battlegroup.... 'All UNSC Ships within the Makos System, Admiral Valstaff has issued Code Order 136-21, Coordinates are logged as per header you all know the routine, transpired event will take place at exactly 0700, standard. Over and Out.' she said.

Status lights began acknowledging the order and each ship began entering a Slipspace hole. Until the Incarnate was left.
'Kayln relay the Coordinates to the Elites, they may want in for whats to come.' Valstaff added.

Kayln nodded and faded from the holo-projector.
---------

'Is he okay?' a voice said.

'Yes, hes stable for now. But we had to replace most of his muscle tissue in his arm, as he sustained to much damaged for it to be usable. So we were able to engineer replicated biomass for his arm. Besides the cracked ribs and dislocated shoulder, which with some oddity was already healing. The analysts believe it may have something to do with that skin suit he was wearing but as far was we can tell hes fine.' another voice said.

'Can I talk to him?' the voice asked.

'Of course, he woke up not long ago.' the voice replied.

A lady with a white coat pulled back a diffuser curtain, revealing who she had been talking with...it was Bethany. She was beaten up pretty bad. Bruises and deep cuts across her entire body, and yet she still looked beautiful to me.

'Hey babe,' she said.

'Hey, how you doin?' I asked.

'I'm doing good, thanks to you.' she replied.

I just smiled and she leaned in and we kissed, locked there for what seemed ages, and yet I didnt want to let go.
She pulled back and gave me a smile and brushed her hair to her side.

'I'll leave you to get some rest, but I'll stop by every hour, okay.' She said. I nodded with a smile.
'Oh almost forgot...the Admiral wanted me to give you this.' She handed me a datapad. 'Something about whats next'

'Thank You, baby,' I said.

She smiled and walked out of the infirmary. I tapped the datapad, it lit up and Kayln emerged from the pad.
'Good evening Sir, I trust you are feeling better?' she asked. 'Yes I am,' I replied.

'Well the Admiral has now restricted some of the events that took place on Makos, the Forerunner Technology being one of them. But he is allowing you the choice of joining ONI, at your own risk. If you choose to accept this invitation, you will have full authority and recognition as a Major General. Your files have been reviewed by over thirty ONI delegates. They have all green lighted you, its just your choice that is left.'

I didn't know what too say.....'Yes,' is what i heard come from my mouth.

A cold, silver ring of Titanium-A slid into contact with the stump of Justin's arm. He felt the metal contact with a few of his exposed nerves and a shudder rolled through his body. A robotic arm with an organic welding arm came down and fused it to him, sealing up his blood lines and nerves, which where now attached to special components that would allow him to seamlessly use his arm.

The lightning bolt flashed and the arm moved away, only to be replaced with another one, this time carrying a heavy prothsetic arm. It brought it close to the ring, and activated a series of connection protocols. A shaft extended from the arm and made connection with the ring, and after a moment, it twisted into place and released the latches that would hold it to the SPARTAN. The rest of the arm pulled itself up the shaft and connected with the ring, and magnetically sealed itself. The robot moved away.

SPARTAN 137 looked at his new arm, it's titanium gleam and jet black nano-tube muscles glinted in the low light conditions of the medical labs. Nearby, a nurse stood monitoring the entire operation.

"SPARTAN 137, sir, the process is now complete. Give me a moment while I boot up the prothsetics systems."

A lance of pain shot through his arm, then receded as feeling returned to where there was nothing before. Justin opened his closed his fingers at random, and each made a metallic click as it hit the palm.

"You should feel a little disorientation while you get used to it. It'll pass."

Justin nodded to the nurse, and climbed out of bed. He could feel the steady thrum of the Shaw-Fujikawa trans-light engines and new they where in slipspace.

4 hours before, their Pelican had docked in the UNSC vessel Incarnate, and medics had been standing by to offload the casualties. They had taken Ericka to a private ward and began a what they said was going to be a long operation and even longer recovery. They estimated it would take months before she was battle capable again.

[Beginning of Briefing Arc]

-Sanghelios-

In a great hall built centuries ago; Sangheli had gathered together. The cathedral's ceiling was at least 50' tall. The old building was carved from stone and had pillars and buttresses. It was lit with soft light giving off ambient glow around the building. At the head was a semicircle seating arrangement where the high council were seated, and in front of them - lit candles in a V shape pointing towards the crowd. Each candle representing a fallen Sangheli from recent battles - most of them were from the happenings on Makos. The center and largest candle was in dedication to Eerie who had sacrificed himself on the battlefield to provide an escape for his squad. Among Sangheli the larger, center stage, hero candle was top honors for a memorial. The candles were allowed to burn for some time - visitors came and went during the time that they burned. As the candles reached half way - lesser councilors, Sangheli who were training, the next in line for high councilor seats - councilor interns of sorts, came with sticks with bell shaped ends and snuffed the flames, indicating the premature end of each life and the end of the memorial service. The smoke from the candles was sill afloat when the lesser councilors began collecting them and cleaning up, the crowds began to dissipate and the High Council began to file out of there seats and out a side door. Ugco and Alse who were sitting in the front row were escorted by honor guards through the crowd and out the same door as the council.
In the courtyard of the cathedral three High Councilors were waiting for them, they waited till the Honor Guard escort had surrounded them
"Let us make haste." one of the councilors stated and then they paced to a waiting Phantom, the five got in the passenger bay and two Honor Guards piloted their Phantom the other guards boarded another Phantom. The phantoms ascended into orbit and met with 5 Sangeheli cruisers. The ships lumbered in space lazily as slipspace whole opened in front of them and they all glided through.

John slept.
"How's he doing?"
A Nurse picked up a clipboard and handed it to the speaker.
"He's resting. Apparently he's been awake for the last 36 hours. Other than complete exhastion, he's been wounded in the shoulder, and appears to have sustained minor internal injurys. It's remarkable that he was even still awake, let alone fighting. He's a remarkable man." The man inspected the clipboard, and handed it back.
"Give him another two hours sleep, then give him this." He handed a brown envelope to the Nurse. The Nurse nodded, and watched as the man walked out of the ward. He checked the clock, and sat down at his desk, the envelope beside him.

The Nurse gently woke John and handed him the envelope. He opened it, and read the single sheet inside.
-----------------------------
Stf.Sgt. Edwards, John
You are required to attend a debriefing session regarding your experiences on Makis/Makos.
This session will commence at 0930 EST, In the Boardroom of the UNSC Incarnate . Failure to
attend will be regarded as Insubordination, and will be treated as such.
-----------------------------

Justin stood in the observation room for Ericka's ward. She was the only person in it, and was surrounded by an array of machines. She was still unconscious.

"Chief Petty Officer SPARTAN-137, you are required in the boardroom at 0930 EST for debriefing."

The sweet voice of the Incarnate's AI sounded over the speakers in the observation deck. Justin had been awaiting the orders, and was relieved they had finally arrived. He rose from the plastic bench and picked up his helmet. He wore his full suit of armor, but instead of it being painted desert camoflauge, it was the usual MJOLNIR green. He paused, looking at his CQB helmet. He could see his face mirrored in the gold visor. All of his scars where thrown into sharp contrast, and he thought he saw a hint of sorrow in the eyes that peered back at him. He quickly composed himself.

He tucked the helmet under his new, prosthetic arm, now concealed underneath the augmented MJOLNIR armor. He stepped through the airlock and into the corridor.

The Incarnate exited from slipspace gracefully, to be waited upon the Battle Group Manifestation. The Incarnate was the last UNSC ship within Makos Space before making a random jump. Soon after they coursed another jump to rendezvous location near an asteroid field .

'Kayln, seems we're not the only ones late. I would have expected her to be here by now,' Valstaff commented while looking at the hologram projection of the other ships.

'She always a tad late, as you remember she called it fashionable.' Kayln replied.

'Kayln so whats up with that AI from the Pride?' Valstaff asked.

'Lieutenant Akalar was able to recover Aislyn, the Prides AI, the lab technicians were able to make minor repairs. I can bring her online if you would like,' Kayln responded.

'No, no. We will be able to hand her back to Dufraine at the Debriefing. Go ahead and make the last call for Debriefing. I can already see on the BattleMap that shes arrived, we should be able to begin shortly.'

Appearing on the BattleMap were three small frigates that resembled the Prowler Angel's Delight. And with the three letter word spelling ONI written in white on the rear end of the ship meant this was going to be one hell of a debreifing.

////

I was in the medical ward, I was out of bed doing my routine exercises. The nurses and doctors were astounded at how i was able to make a fast recovery. Some even said it had to deal with the Forerunner technology suits that my squads and I had picked up off of Makos. I looked back at my side stand next to my bed as i heard someone call out my name. I looked back and saw Kayln emit her self through the datapad again.

'Its good to see you've made a fast recovery Lieutenant, How are things?'

'Great actually, thanks Kayln. You wouldnt happen to have my blood results would you.'

'Now that you ask, I can check them for you....Sir it seems that you have some sort of infection. Not the flood virus but something else. As the blood analysis from the technicians reads, it appears you have the first recording of nano-bots within your blood,' She replied.

'What does that mean, it means your body will be able to heal at a much faster rate,' she continued.

I knew something was up when that suit stabbed me in the back when i first put it on. But I didnt know that it would lend me something like that. I looked back at Kayln with a confused look.

'Its quite alright sir, but my main visit to you deals with a debriefing down on deck D, we are expecting you within thirty,' Kayln continued.

'No problem Kayln, I'll be down soon enough,' I replied.

When SPARTAN-137 arrived at the Titanium pressure doors that led to the debriefing chamber, a nearby holopad lit up, and Kayln's image flickered into existance.

"Chief, please wait here until the other members of the debrief arrive. Once you are all here, the debriefing will begin."

Justin nodded and stepped to the side of the hallway, folding his arms behind his back.

After about 2 minutes, the first of the other members arrived. His name appeared in Justin's eyesight, his brain inserting the words, Lieutenant Akalar. Dressed in a crisp uniform, he walked gingerly towards the door. The SPARTAN could tell he was recovering from injuries. Justin snapped off a salute, and Akalar saluted back.

Kayln's image appeared once more. "Lieutenant Akalar, please wait here until the other member of the debrief arrive. Once you are all here, the debriefing will begin."

The Lieutenant nodded and stepped against the wall, next to Justin. Justin was a head taller than he was.

A moment later, a third person arrived. Again, the soldier's name scrolled over Justin's eyesight, Staff Sergeant Edwards. The Sergeant approached the two and snapped off a salute.

Kayln rose the final time. "Excellent. You are all present. Please proceed."

-5 Cruisers and two Phantoms appeared from slipspace a few kilometers off from a cluster of UNSC Ships.-

Ugco leaned as the shuttle made a banking turn, his shoulders pressed against Alse's.
They were being ferried to the Incarnate. The Phantom they were on was a luxury version of the model deployed in the field. This was designed for ferrying High Councilors, commanders, Zealots, Supreme Admirals, or in this case battle heroes with some intel to share.
Ugco had been given specific garb to wear for this occasion. Broad metal shoulder plates with a long draping robe connected to it. It draped down to the ground plus a few inches and would at times completely conceal his body. He was given gauntlets, chest piece, thighs and a helmet that were only functional as ornate mantle pieces. They were glossy black and high sheen, they were very fancy to a soldier like him. He was very uncomfortable and felt vulnerable while he wore them. Alse, also wore these ornamental peices except his were a purple color - sitting in the cushioned seats around the bay were 3 other Sangheli they all wore the same robes except a more ornamental and with tall headdresses. Ugco had never been so close to high councilors before, he was both honored and scared witless at the same time. Ugco felt the shuttle slow down as it made preparations for docking, he wished he could be anywhere but where he was now, he could scarcely understand why he was needed here anyways.

Inside the Incarnate the Sangheli were squished tightly together. The honor guard escort on either side with Asle, Ugco and high councilors in the middle. The human ships were definitely not made for the Sangheli visitors. They strode through the ships twisting turns guided by a crew member till they reached a door it what Ugco guessed was the middle of the ship. It slid open to a circled room with stadium styled seating wrapped around on epicenter for presentation. There were several humans all ready in the room, the honor gaurds filled in and sat down securing an area for their protected.

The circular debriefing room was over-stilled with silence as everyone looked at each other. The lights began to dim and the main holo projection panel in the middle of the room began to light up blue, as Kayln's image appeared.

" It is a pleasure all of you are safe. As a necessary precaution, anything discussed is classified and any information leaked will be considered treason and will be acted upon." She said.

The room was filled with curiosity as to what deemed the debriefing of be classified. The room itself had three doors but one of them was closed and the other two began slowly closing. The locked bulkhead door then began to open.
Captain Dufraine then walked out from the door and took a seat within the room, he laid his datapad on the shoulder of the seat and Aislyn emerged.

Next came Admiral Valstaff, accompanied by ensign data analysts. The ensigns took a seat next to Sgt. Edwards, as Valstaff continued to stand next to the holo-projection table. 'Alright it looks like we can finally begin. Kayln open up the files.' Valstaff asked.

'Voice Recognition Required,' She replied.

'Vice Admiral Jamius Valstaff' He said.

'Authorization complete,' she said. Kayln began to move away from the table into the room. Usually a holo panel can only hold a projection a foot from the emitter, the debriefing rooms projection table could allow a holo projection any amount of movement through out the room, Kayln then stopped right next to Lieutenant Jahrad Akalar, imitating that she was sitting on his shoulder.

'The events that took place within the Makos system has left an echo, and from that echo we were able to establish a signal that lead to another world outside of UNSC range. But this is just one of many reasons we have called you all here today-' Valstaff was cutoff.

'What do you mean we, Admiral?' I said.

'He would be referring to us,' Everyones attention was now upon the open door as three people entered the room and another AI walking beside them. The voice came from the woman as she was followed by another woman and man, each dressed in Navy uniforms, with ONI written across their left chest.

'I am Admiral Deferian from the Office of Naval Intelligence, as are Corporal Bereta and Corporal Kentaris.' she spoke.
She gave a slight nod and the two Corporals seated closest to the projection table. 'As is Vice Admiral Valstaff...' she continued.

He was shocked he didn't think she would have any reason to release that information. And suddenly things seemed like they fitted into place. Dufraine now saw that because Valstaff was ONI operative, that he was able to get a hold of prototype equipment.

'Yes, Vice Admiral is part ONI, he has been using the Incarnate as the new prototype Flagship for the UNSC, and so far she has been able to prove her worth. What most of you don't know is that the Incarnate can remote link to other UNSC ships for enhanced Naval Combat Tactics. What it also can do is send high frequency messages through slipspace faster than previous implications could. So because of the amount of data the Incarnate received from Angel's Delight and then transmitted to us, we were able to understand much more about the Forerunners and the system of Makos. Which is why I believe the Elites are here accompanying us, they found a very unstable raw material which could turn the tide of this on-going war. We ourselves have only recently been able to crack the compound of this material, but it seems the Elites have a much more complete data resolve,' she then gently pointed her hand in the Elites direction.

A high councilor stood, he had a small disk in his palm. "This mineral could help us turn the tide but unfortunately the Covenant has beat us to it. This is footage and a short synopsis of the data we have captured. - The footage you see here is of a recent engagement against the Covenant remnant - they have begun using this mineral in all of their weapons and shields systems."
He held is palm flat and upwards and the disc floated out and to the center of the room - a hologram popped out showing several videos as the Councilor began his speech.
The video showed clips of ground battles where only a handful of Covenant with new weapons were able to over power Elite squads, short snippets of brute plasmas shredding through deployable covers and Elite over shield packs. It showed the supercharged effect that the Covenant gained from adding this to their shields, both personal units and naval. The video left ground engagements and switched to naval battles against the new Covenant cruisers. Elite plasma bolts repeatedly bounced off the Covenant ships and when the Covenant returned fire both shield and metal melted with one shot.
"Data shows that this mineral can store immense amounts of energy from any source, light, heat, any sort or amount of energy can be absorbed by this mineral. The covenant have implemented them into capacitors... able to store up all the energy from their ships generators and batteries. This extra power gives their weapons and shields a unholy advantage."
The video ended and then showed a line graph chart showing the increase energy the mineral was able to lend. It was exponentially more than that of normal.
"These new capacitors are even able to absorb waste energy, energy emitted from the ships own thrusters, lights even down to attacks on these ships,"
A few short clips played showing plasma bolts hitting shields and the residual energy being collected.
"In effect every shot increases the power of these ships, so by engaging them we only make them stronger. All of this video was collected from an engagement with the Covenant - the loss we suffered was staggering... 100%."
The high councilor ended with a solemn note and stood silent.
“We have been working along side ONI with this and several other projects to replicate the Covenant’s progress but we have yet to perfect it to their level. It seems they have much more strength and knowledge than we had first projected.”
-The high councilor let the gravity of the situation settle.-
“However, judging by the markings on these ships we have determined where they are being manufactured. Along with a recent tip from an inside informant we have learned that producing and retrofitting ships with these new capacitors takes an extremely long time. Meaning - that the ships seen in this video and possibly a select few others are all that exist. We believe that a direct and immediate assault on this ship manufacturing facility is the only way to stint this growing threat and keep the tide of this war in our favor.”

'Which is why we are here, our engineers haven't been able to replicate this new raw materials storage power, but we have unlocked its intensity magnifier. In simpler terms we can multiply the power output of our weapons, making them stronger. ONI engineers only had a small sample of this raw material before, and we unlocked this trait right as we were constructing the Incarnate, and it seems the Goliath Cannon proved the power of this material.' Deferian said. She looked over to Valstaff as giving him a chance to speak.

'Continuing, Admiral Deferian, and I, as well the Elites, have come to agree that we need to take this fight to them. With a bit of cooperation with the elites and intel probes, we have been able to identify the first Covenant Loyalist Ship Yard-Factory World. We plan to make a strategic search and destroy operation, we can't afford to throw all of our ships into this one battle but we have called upon another Battlegroup too assist.' Valstaff could see that everyone was a little startled by this new tactic. In the past it was always the Covenant that moved forward, but it was Humanity's turn to fight back.

'So we believe if we cripple them here and now we can potentially stop the Loyalists from making any advancement in this war,' Valstaff continued.

'When do we begin?,' I said.

'We will transit through slipspace two days after the second Battlegroup has arrived. The slipspace travel time will be sufficient enough for all our Fire Teams to practice with the new Prototype Devastator Equipment and Weapons,' Valstaff said, as the holo-projection table flickered files and videos of the new weapons.

'Debriefing has already took place for the Second Battlegroup, so I shall continue with how we wish to accomplish this engagement.' Admiral Deferian said, as the visual hologram filled the room, a planet appeared with large construction stations orbiting the planet, as well as a few defense platforms.
'The Battlegroups will hold a flank on the planet taking out each defense platform, we can be sure that the platforms won't be the only Naval Defense they have. A contingency of cruisers have been idle in the planets system, depending on which Battlegroup clears their flank first will be able too stall the Loyalists Naval action. While the other Battlegroup will infiltrate the Ship-Yards and recover any intel of the raw material, and continue with Sabotage of the Ship-yards.' She said as giving attention to the Elites.
'We have found prominent intel that a Loyalist cruiser is underway for completion, the elites have volunteered to commandeer the ship from the Loyalists, they will be providing as much support and engagements as possible.'

'But the Naval battle overhead is not all that will take place. When a Battlegroup has broken the loyalists line, we will begin to make a drop too top-side. The first drop will be to take out Anti-Air support, we will leave that up to the ODST division, when the skies are clear we will be making a strike at the Loyalists Factories. Which happen to be scattered on numerous continents, so its vital that we take them out quick and Evac as so.' Valstaff added.

'Ben?' Deferian said looking at the male AI floating next to her.
'Yes ma'am, in closing we have made extra copies of these files, for all of you to look over. Only intel on the mission may be release, you may organize with your squads and team mates as how best to complete your objective. The Weapons Armoury on C deck and G deck have been granted full authorization and have been granted production sequences, these new weapons are now being distributed throughout the UNSC, we bid you good luck and a safe return.' He said.

The holo-projection table began to dim-out. Kayln's image fizzled until she flourished to the portable hologram projector on my shoulder, allowing herself to continue sitting there. I stood up, taking notice that the Elites had moved to the Hall talking over what just happened. Spartan 137 had also gotten up, and gave a nod to me, I lightly returned the gesture with a smile.

Admiral Valstaff motioned me to join him as well as Captain Dufraine, just as Admiral Deferian nodded and we began to follow her into the adjacent room, a waiting area.

'Captain Dufraine we have acknowledged the events that transpired at Makos, and understand your loss of the Pride, we see fit to reassign you and your men to a new ship... The UNSC Olympus. In spite what Admiral Valstaff has briefed us on the incident we, including Valstaff, believe it is within reasonable standards to award you the Olympus, as well as an second AI construct to assist Aislyn.' Deferian said. she then turned to me.

'Lieutenant Akalar, it would seem you have agreed to join the ranks of ONI, we were very pleased when you and your teams were able to retrieve the forerunner exo-suits, since you are continuing as a ground operative we see fit to protect our members as we are few, you and your men will be upgrading to a new standard prototype ODST battle suit. In due time when we have the Forerunner tech examined and dissected you can be sure that replicas will be issued as well.' she said with slight mono-tone. 'Ben will be sending you the armor files, and they have just been delivered in Hangar 19. Until next time Major General Akalar..,' She end in handing me two silver star insignias.

She and her Corporals left with Valstaff following, and giving a slight salute. I walked back down to the training quarters and had my men follow me down to Hangar 19, to receive our new battle suits.

///

'Ben Offline,' Deferian said as she followed Valstaff into his quarters.

'Afraid that Ben might know to much,' Valstaff added.

She gave a sneered look at him, which quickly turned to a smiled. He walked over to the mini bar in the corner, filling to wine glasses with some aged spirits.

'Its not that I'm afraid of him knowing were something, its in letting him know I have emotion.' She said, walking toward him and locking her lips with his.

////

I layed in my bed. A few hours have past by as we are still waiting for the other Battlegroup to arrive, but estimated time seems to be two-three days at most. I heard slight yawn as she walked in, I just gazed at her. Taking in her beauty, she smiled and joined me on the bed.

'Whatcha think'n about Major?,' she asked.

'Right now....you,' I said. I turned to look at her. 'I love you'

'I love you,' Bethany replies as we join at the lips.

Justin watched as the Sangheili left. As the last of the tall aliens had left, he slackened his clenched fists. He hated the ex-Covenant warriors. As a child, the Covenant had burned his world. He remembered being seperated from his family during the evacuation, and how he had watched as a Banshee had destroyed the Warthog that carried them, how he screamed for his dead parents, how he tried to jump out of the Warthog and how the hands of Marines kept him back.

When the ship that carried them away from Reach arrived at Earth, the Navy man had approached him and asked him if he had wanted to fight back, to get revenge. Justin agreed, and was sent to a special facility, where he was frozen for future use after the current generation of SPARTAN-IIIs. When the program was canceled, he became the target of the S-IV program. At the time of the programs inception, the Sangheili had seperated from the Covenant.

Even thought they where allies, he could never forgive them for killing his family.

He shook his head clear. Everyone else was leaving. He stood and nodded to Lt. Akalar, who returned the gesture.

Admiral Valstaff and the other ONI officers had begun leaving when Justin had a sudden idea. He strode to the door where the officers had left, following in their footsteps.

"Admiral Valstaff, sir!" The SPARTAN stopped and snapped a salute when the officer turned around. Valstaff returned the gesture.

"Sir, during the debriefing, I realised that I would not be sufficient to effectively engage the Covenant on their ship-building world, and I would like to ask for reinforcements. I have two that I wish to have with me on the surface, SPARTAN-601 Charlie and SPARTAN-074 Joe. And, if it is okay with you, sir, I also have a plan for getting ourselves to the surface without drawing to much attention."

As the Sangheli marched down the hall way back to their transport one of the high councilors looked at Alse and said, "Congradulations on your promotion - Admiral - Nordeer."
Alse couldn't believe it... Just like that he had become Admiral - commander of a battle group - through his astonishment he mustered a slight nod of acknowledgment and continued pace with the rest. Alse then turned to Ugco "Refill your ranks - you and your men will ride with me."
Ugco knew that would mean he was still a Spec Ops leader - even though he felt completely unprepared.
The Sangheli all sat down in their transport ready to leave. One high councilor stood and walked to a com pad. He tapped a few hieroglyphs and shortly a silhouette of a human - from what Ugco could see he was dressed like the ONI officers and another silhouette of Sangheli councilor.
"It is time to activate directive SS1532, Transmitting Go code 6-6-1-A-3-57." The two silhouettes nodded and faded away. The high councilor sat into his seat and the Phantom jumped into slip space headed for Sanghelios.

John stood up from the table and walked back to the Medical Bay. He asked the nurse whether he'd been asigned a berth or if he needed to stay in the Medical bay. He was directed towards a small, two man berth near the back of the Incarnate. As he entered, he noticed a large black bundle leaning up against the wall near the door. He unwrapped it to discover the Brute armour that he and Sticks had retreived from Makis. Once he pulled the remainder of the black cloth away from the bundle, he saw a piece of paper flutter slowly to the floor. He picked it up and read.
"Thought you could use this."
There was no name, no signature. The writing itself was typed. He turned over the scrap, trying to see any sign that could ID the author. There was however, a crude stick figure drawn wearing what looked like a brute chest plate. A pair of what could be brutes were shooting at the figure, but their spikes seemed to be bouncing off. He walked out of the room, and found the nearest guide console. He called up the fastest route from where he was to Engineering. He returned to his room, and picked up the bundle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

He finished welding the final seam, and placed down the torch. The engineers around paid no attention to him, focussing instead on the job at hand. He hefted the object over his head, and slid it down over his chest. He tightened several straps, and flexed his limbs. The movement he had in the cut-down armour was no different to his usual battlesuit. He slipped it off and sanded the glossy blue back to it's original dull, gun-metal grey. He sprayed it black and stenciled the UNSCDF logo onto the chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back