"The Pistol is back"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

That was quoted from the podcast. Bungie has said that they put a HUGE spoiler in the podcast. They where referring to the power of the Halo:CE pistol....

Hmmm. I haven't listened to it yet... can anyone confirm what they're referring to? Something in a future update perhaps?

Sean Bradley said:
Hmmm. I haven't listened to it yet... can anyone confirm what they're referring to? Something in a future update perhaps?

We'll they where talking about how someone doubled the strength of the halo CE pistol at the last min. Then they where saying how it created a cult following of pistol users, then "Well the pistol IS back" it was about 17-18min into it.

it may be a secret unlockable/hidden thing, like the scarab rifle in halo 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the three shot pistol came back that would be fantastic, but they'd have to increase the power and fire rate to bring it back to H1 style of play... unlockable though? That would only work for campaign, but what about multiplayer. Couldn't have an unlockable weapon because when you die, your weapon goes to the ground, anyone could pick it up. Unless its like Call of Duty 4, where the higher ranked you are, the better your weapons are, but if you die anyone can pick up your weapon.

I heard it too, but they kind of played it off like they were all confused and laughing.. It was pretty funny.. Worth a listen to get the rumor mill running.. :D

Dreads said:
what is the "scarab rifle" in halo 2?

its a plasma rifle, but it shoots HUGE balls of plasma... like warthog sized.

I've had halo 2 for years and never heard about the plasma rifle scarab gun... that is crazy! tempted to go get it now.

I would love to see the CE Pistol back, but i don't think it should have a scope as it would be more powerful than the battle rifle.

I was disappointed with the Halo 3 pistol not so much power and accuracy but the rate of fire. Its just too slow to do some real damage hence why I never see anyone use in online.

As for being hidden like the scarab gun, looks like we're gonna have to do some searching :p

T Cheeseman said:
I've had halo 2 for years and never heard about the plasma rifle scarab gun... that is crazy! tempted to go get it now.

I would love to see the CE Pistol back, but i don't think it should have a scope as it would be more powerful than the battle rifle.

I was disappointed with the Halo 3 pistol not so much power and accuracy but the rate of fire. Its just too slow to do some real damage hence why I never see anyone use in online.

As for being hidden like the scarab gun, looks like we're gonna have to do some searching :p

the halo 3 pistol is a waste of disk space.

halo 1 pistol= one of my favorite weapons ever. Just so satisfyng putting a few long range headshots down the field with a pistol. Also fun for beating down snipers

Yeh, the Halo 1 pistol was awesome. Especially when you had no shields on, one hit to the head takes someone down lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back